1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M to SEC

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Relax, tough guy. I'm not blaming anyone for anything. just reporting what's happening.

anti-Texas??!!?? :) you got the wrong cat, pal. i'm a texas fan.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Quoted for awesomeness.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

LOL ... yeah because one game where we had a bad half and lost to a top 10 team by a point pretty much dooms us for eternity. We could lose every game the rest of the year and I still think we'll be fine. This is not about this year, next year, or the year after. As Loftin said, it is a 100 year decision. I believe recruiting will pick up even more in the SEC (and recruiting has not been our problem) and we have all the other stuff that is needed for success in the SEC in the long term. So yes, I am not worried and we will be just fine in the SEC no matter what happens.

So what is it guys? Does everyone suck so bad in the Big XII we don't know what we are in for in the SEC or is the Big XII awesome? You guys cant make up your mind.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A&M's problem is still the same, a lack of quality coaching.

DD

5. RocketManJosh

Thats been the problem for a while though Sherman is light years ahead of Fran .. If we are not successful in the SEC this will continue to be the most likely reason because we will recruit well enough to have success.

6. updawg

updawg Member

hope the ags enjoyed being top 10. thats not going to happen anytime soon again

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Ags shouldn't get too down about this, they're still very much alive for both a BCS game and a Big 12 title.

8. RocketManJosh

Yeah because losing by 1 point to another top 10 team where we made tons of mistakes on and off the field dooms us to 20 years of mediocrity.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Seems like it wasn't that bad at all. Otherwise clutch would have exposed him.

10. RocketManJosh

Ive gotten one also from a non-Ag ... While not bad, I agree you should at least put your name on it

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It wasn't bad. Just lame. Put your name on it so I can call you out on it.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not sure why my quote is awesome? The Big 12 is weak and I'll stand by that until they add programs on par with the ones in the Big Ten and SEC.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

HAHA BIG 10

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

You were one r****ded OSU fumble from a 37 - 20 deficit in the 4th quarter, at home. Your offense did nothing in the 2nd half until the Cowboys decided to go cover-2 and make you use up the clock, basically conceding a score in the process. Your defense did nothing at all after halftime. The final 2 points were absolutely meaningless. It was a 1 point game, but the game wasn't in doubt towards the end.

The Big XII, in its history, has been the 2nd best conference in the country, if you look at national championships and bowl games. The PAC-10 has been inconsistent (and mostly USC) and the Big Ten has been disappointing. It's diminished, but I wouldn't say that what's left is crap. The SEC is still much better.

It's just interesting hearing all the smack talk about the conference coming from one of the Big XII's perpetual also-rans. A&M hasn't been ISU, but y'all have a worse conference record in the history of the Big XII than OU, UT, Nebraska, K-State, and Tech. That puts you tied for #6 (with Colorado) in the history of the conference, the very definition of mediocre. What do you think #6 in the Big XII translates to in the SEC?

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You mean 20 more? This is the most relevant A&M has been since the SWC. And then they choked. At home. Against a team from the "weak" Big 12. Justify it how you want. Your boys choked.

16. RocketManJosh

Thanks you made my point for me ... Never said we didn't choke, and in fact I pretty much said the opposite. We choked on Offense (fumbles and bad QB decision making) and we choked on the sidelines (going away from the run and unbelievaby not being able to get play calls in to the defense).

If you think this is the most relevant A&M has been since the SWC, you must have been blacked out on drugs throughout the 90s.

17. RocketManJosh

You don't have a clue do you? ... When Blackmon fumbled they were up by 4, so I guess a TD is worth 13 points now?

The game wasn't in doubt towards the end?? You mean like when A&M had the ball on the 40 down by 3 with 2 minutes to go and a timeout in pocket??

I'm all for saying A&M choked because that is exactly what they did. Fact remains, despite many many dumb mistakes, A&M was still in position to win the game right down to the end against another Top 10 team. The mistakes they made are correctable.

The offense did nothing in the 2nd half because they never even had the ball because they coughed it up on fumbles and INTs that pretty much had nothing to do with OSU defense.

The defense did nothing in the 2nd half. You are right. But do you think that has anything to do with the fact that they were on the field in the entire 3rd quarter becuse of offensive mistakes? Also sure didn't help that they couldn't even get the play call in time.

Sorry, but you guys are as pathetic with this argument as all the Aggie Whiners that act like this is a "Fran Team" because we had a terrible half. Long way go this season and given that we are now ranked 13, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility we'll be back in the top 10 again soon.

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

You know good and well what I was referring to. OSU was up 30 - 20 halfway though the 4th. But for Blackmon's stupidity, they would have had one more TD added on to that - A&M sure didn't shut that drive down.

So do you really think OSU had nothing to do with the turnovers, or with holding the Aggies down all 2nd half? Because I saw a defense that recouped at halftime and completely shut down your squad. But if your take is that your QB or receivers are just particularly incompetent, so be it. Either way, y'all choked a 20 - 3 lead with some sorry football, at home. Maybe the best part of going to the SEC will be that you won't be embarrassed by your annual choke job Ok. State anymore.

19. RocketManJosh

Ummm, after Blackmon fumbled, the Aggies gave the ball right back on the next play and OSU scored ... We can play what-ifs all day if you want. What if Fuller didn't fall down causing an INT immediately after OSU scored its first TD and A&M was still up 10. Maybe a longer drive gives the defense some rest and it doesn't snowball into the cluster**** of a half that it was. I don't believe in what-ifs, but if you want to throw them out, I can too.

And yes, the receiver running with the ball hanging on his side, a receiver falling down when the ball is coming, and terrible decision making by the QB does not make a good defense.

According to you, "the game wasn't in doubt towards the end" even though A&M had the ball on the 40 down by 3 with 2 minutes and a timeout in pocket. If you have that belief, then you either a) dont have a freaking clue what you are talking about or b) you just want to bash the Aggies.

a) is pretty obviously true, and b) is also a strong kicker

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i think it's pretty clear he's talking about the fact y'all were down 30-20 and that was with the 7 points blackmon literally just threw away not on the scoreboard.

so bad things happening for a&m are easily correctable and have nothing to do with osu and the other team didn't have any of its own mistakes? in the game of leaving points on the field, osu left a sure 7 points on the field and on their subsequent 2 drives they got inside the 10 and then settled for field goals after inexplicably trying to run on 1st and 2nd downs when their running game was struggling and short passing game was killing a&m. this game was a play or two from osu scoring 6 straights TD's to start the 2nd half. but a&m's defense stepped up at the goalline, just like osu's did all 2nd half to force turnovers.

while i'm sure they eventually wore down (something like 35 plays in the 3rd quarter), it's hard to blame fatigue for the 1st 2 drives when you just had all of halftime to rest and were whipping the other team the whole 1st half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.