1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ths balla

ths balla Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The media creates that hype machine so idk why that is relevant.

Soft non-conference schedule? People had Arizona St. in their playoffs before season started, not our fault they did not live up to expectations.

They are 2-1 in the division so by saying they are going to struggle to go .500 in the division your saying they are going to lose all 3 against OleMiss/Auburn(lol)/LSU?

Defense adjusted in the second half holding Bama to 6 points and only 20 for the game. Run defense was bad in the first half but they adjusted well in the 2nd.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

They're favored to lose vs Ole Miss and will certainly be favored to lose vs LSU. They should have lost to Arkansas. That's struggling to get to .500.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not even really sure there was a hype machine in the first place. I mean... I wasn't really hearing anything. Seemed typical to me. Auburn was the team with the fancy DC and hype. Didn't really even hear anyone bringing up Chavis outside of the TAMU/LSU fanbase.

4. Buck Turgidson

Their defense is/would be really good against teams that run a quasi-spread and like to get the ball to the edges. They got exposed against an Alabama team that just wanted to pound. aTm needs help at DT and ILB, and Chavis is a hell of a coach, yall should be fine. Getting a RB that can run inside and some guys that can drive block for him would be helpful too.

Have had several UT types say that they should hire Mike Sherman and give him the keys to the OL. I have no idea what he is up to these days or if he would even be interested, but he's just about the best OL coach/evaluator in the country.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Doubt Sherman would take that job. He's definitely is a guru in all aspects of OL.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How do you envision them beating LSU? That's probably the only game where they won't be favored the rest of the way.

If A&M was ever going to do anything, this year's schedule was the one to do it with.

7. oakdogg

I love Mike Sherman! Coach Sumlin should too. Sherman handed over the keys to an already built team, just like Briles did for Sumlin earlier.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I disagree, next season they'll be in pretty good shape. Too young right now, regardless of the schedule.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What's the difference between this year's schedule and next year's? The SEC opponents remain the same, and while Bama is a road game next year, we've shown a propensity to show up more for big road games than big home games. And, even then, LSU and Ole Miss will be home games. Besides, one more year of maturation for this defense under Chavis is going to be huge. If we can come away with only one more loss this season, I'll be satisfied. Next year and onwards is where Sumlin has to start making hay.

10. oakdogg

I'm not familiar with next year's schedule, but I know SEC West teams only play a couple SEC East each year. This year, A&M only plays Vanderbilt and a very down South Carolina. That's a lot easier than other possibilities like Georgia, Florida, etc. That spells opportunity. Furthermore, the SEC West is not nearly as "tough" as it appeared last year. Auburn sucks. Mississippi State has never had the same momentum. Arkansas loses to Texas Tech? Ole Miss loses to Memphis? When your opponents are weaker, that increases your chances of winning......

Don't you have too much rep to be asking this question?

11. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Speechless at Kyle Allen's performance tonight... Not in a good way. Aggie D showed up, Kyle Allen & Co forgot the memo.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Something has to be physically wrong with Allen. I can't believe it was all mental tonight.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Horrible. I said last week that I had lost confidence in Allen. This week wasn't any better.

I think the Aggies have a lot of talent, and I'm not sure who to blame. I know the QB is young, so I'm sure that part of the problem, but the offense looks horrible. Right now the team looks poorly coached.

Carson doesn't look any good either. Can't believe he's the best RB on the team. Looks like they are red shirting Bussey I guess.

Defense looks a little better than last year, but the offense is a train wreck.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Same as it ever was.

1 offensive TD the last 10 quarters.

ONE.

Kyle Allen sucked donkey dick yet Sumlin left him in the majority of the game. Then he benches him for the 3rd string QB Hubenak.

$5 million dollar head coach and this is the **** you get, hahahahahahahahaha.

Not **** without Sherman's recruits. Johnny Manziel? Sherman. Offensive line? Sherman. Notice each year removed from the Sherman era/Sherman players, regress, regress, regress.

Got a graduate assistant as OC but he's gonna go down on that sinking ship with him.

But really, they are what they are. Same ****, different conference. 4th, 5th, 6th place team.

#4174 J.R., Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's shocking how committed Sumlin is to a game-plan that simply hasn't ever worked in the SEC.

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Sumlin must have had money riding on an aggie loss ... or he's an idiot

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Frustrating and pathetic.

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Huh. Looks like texxx was right about A&M.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member