1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Really ****ing sad. It sounds like everyone from his family to a&m to his high school coach/teammates/friends tried to reach out to him, and he simply refused any and all help. Wasted his immense talent and ended the life of a random stranger. Just senseless.

2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Going up to College Station tomorrow for the A&M-Bama game. Has anyone sat in the first deck on the East side (Section 125 or so)? It seems like the Aggie Band will be to the right of us along with the Corps of Cadets. I'm preparing myself to stand the entire game.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh Jesus. Good luck with that, man. Sounds terrible.

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Lol. Mentally preparing myself now.

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Good thing y'all got a punt return touchdown because Kyle "Matt Schaub" Allen isn't going to lead you to any touchdowns

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A&M was atrocious to start, but has the momentum now. A score before half, and they just might win it.

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'd like to see Murray play in the second half. Allen wasn't that sharp in my opinion. Aggie defense just needs to focus on stopping the run.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Soft as a baby's ass.

Defense can't stop the run to save their lives. (Did better in the second half.) Going into your fourth year and no LBs worth a damn? Are you kidding me? Alabama's 4th string LB would start at TAMU.

Jake Spavital continues to suck. ... Both QBs sucked today.

As bad as Spavital sucks, Kiffin gives him a run for his money. Hey, I'm Lane Kiffin! Texas A&M can't stop the run, so I'm gonna pass! Dumbass.

Same **** as last year. Beat overrated team (SC/ASU), climb rankings only to finish 8-5ish.

$5 million dollar head coach, LOL.

#4149 J.R., Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  10. TheresTheDagger

I'll give Kyle Allen credit. He figured out a way to lose in a big game that the Aggies hadn't ever tried before. 3 pick sixes...:eek:

He's good enough to play for the Texans!

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sumlin simply has to change the way he plays against teams like Alabama, LSU, etc, or he'll never win big in the SEC.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm starting to be disappointed in Allen. He's supposed to be a great QB. I know he's only a sophomore, so he will probably continue to improve. But it's hard not to be frustrated with the insane amount of talent at the WR position.

Hard to believe that Carson is the best they have at RB. The lack of a running game is a killer.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

True. They are fortunate only 2 of their 6 remaining games are difficult: Road trips to Ole Miss and LSU.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm not sure why Murray even played in this game. From the interception off the long bomb he tried throwing to getting shut down by Alabama's D-Line, there was no point trying him out after the first two series Murray played.

To summarize this with one gif:

[​IMG]

15. jdh008

jdh008 Member

And yet, everyone in the section I was sitting in went crazy each time Murray entered the game for Allen.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]6. Texas A&M: It is probably foolish to keep bringing up Kevin Sumlin’s name in correlation with the opening at Southern California for a variety of reasons, particularly because Texas A&M has proved to be a place that will pay a coach $5 million per year to deliver middle-of-the-pack finishes in the SEC West and lose lots of big home games with very little consequence. It’s nice work if you can get it.

Still, the routine of hyping Texas A&M before a massive, program-defining home game and then watching the Aggies suffer the same fate over and over is starting to get a little tired. At some point, Texas A&M actually needs to win one of these, right? Maybe the Aggies are just young; maybe they’re truly a year away. But it’s hard to defeat that narrative of Sumlin running a bit of a loose ship when you fall behind 28-6 to Alabama because they’re just more physical, more disciplined and better prepared.

Having said that, it would not be a surprise if the Aggies are 10-1 headed into LSU on Nov. 28 with the SEC West title on the line. The schedule is extremely friendly from here to there, with only next week’s game at No. 23 Ole Miss posing a significant physical challenge. After that, it’s a diet of South Carolina, Auburn, Western Carolina and Vanderbilt, which means the Aggies could win 10 games without a single top-25 victory (unless Ole Miss got back into the polls later).

That’s the kind of fool's gold that will keep Sumlin quite secure at Texas A&M and reeling in highly ranked recruiting classes. But Sumlin is just 5-8 in SEC home games, which is a tough way to sustain a national power. At some point that needs to change or else Texas A&M will be doomed to be what it’s spent hundreds of millions to escape: A second-tier program with a nicer house in a nicer neighborhood.[/rquoter]

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I thought A&M had a chance to beat Alabama, but the Aggies defense is so bad, can't stop any run. I do not think Aggies can win any big time game with this bad defense.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Same old story for the Aggies. Get the hype machine going after playing a soft non-conference schedule, then shjt the bed and struggle to finish at .500 in their division.

The Arkansas game exposed the defense. Very lucky to come out of that with a win.

19. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

You can't give up 3 Pick 6's and expect to win, especially not aganist Bama.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm really impressed with what Chavis was able to do in the 2nd half. Like I said from the start of the year, next year's team is going to be special.

Spavital has got to go, lol. He should be demoted next year. None of his plays are designed to set up other plays, there's no momentum or structure to the playcalling, there's no strategy designed to get the defense to overreact. Just random play selections. I'm not saying that based off 1 game, he's had the same problem since he took over.

Allen had a bad game. He'll be fine long term. Completely expected just about everything that happened, when you're that young and have no depth on defense this kind of thing will happen.

TAMU can beat anyone. They can lose to anyone.