1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs. Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I think the Texans have a good chance of winning this game. If the same crap the Saints did last week happen this Sunday, the Texans have a good chance.

I would love to see 0 sacks again for David Carr and him playing like an All-Star against the N.O defense. The Texans defense can stay the same and kick some ass. Whaddya guys think?

2. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

We have a very good chance and the Saints know it. So i don't think the Saints will be taking us for granted, especially after getting whipped in Seattle.

The Texans are going to have to improve in their red zone offense to pull this one off, IMHO. A bunch of field goals won't cut it for the whole seaon.

It would be amazing for them to come home with a 2-0 record.:)

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

You just can't expect such a extremely good game everytime the Texans play because they are such a young team with little or no bench. I 've been hearing alot of people talking about the superbowl this year and that is crazy. The Texans are going to win some great games and lose really bad sometimes. It's the nature of an second year, young team.

I just hope the offensive can stay on the course of positive development and our defense can hold the Saints offense back a little. That fake turf in the superdome must be giving Gary Walker's shoulder nightmares. :D

After all that said, I still think we can win this game.

23-17 Texans :p

4. Bmw#13

Bmw#13 Member

Texans have a very good chance in this game. Saints defense sucks this year. My prediction is 20-6 Texans.

5. oscuro

oscuro Member

i guess this will be our first winning streak GO TEXANS:)

6. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Texans have no chance. They will lose.

7. oscuro

oscuro Member

that what they said against miami :rolleyes:

8. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. The Texans should have won 0 games last year. Sh*t happens. Teams play bad, underestimate their opponents, dont execute, and they lose.

After last Sunday's game, nobody will underestimate the Texans, especialy not New Orleans at home.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

24-6 New Orleans.

I don't think NO has more talent than Miami, but I don't think NO is going to give the Texans the same chances to win the game that the finns did.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I expect the Texans to keep the game close.
    As a fan, I hope they win, but I wouldn't put money on it.

As long as I see improvement, I'll be happy win or lose.
    Offensive line -- protect Carr
    Defense -- Don't miss those easy tackles.

Texans win 22-16

11. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

As much as I want the Texans to win and be a homer, its important to be realistic. We are still the UNDERDOG going into this game. Until we are a few games over .500, we can't expect them to win on the road against solid teams on a consistant basis.

N.O. is going to bring more Heat than Miami did(pun intended). Carr is going to get sacked eventually and with the law of averages he should get sacked multiple times this game.

N.O. lost their game vs Seattle because they had many turnovers. The Texans best shot at winning this game is winning the turnover battle and the field position battle.

On the other hand, I'd like to talk about something positive. Carr threw the ball almost a second faster than he did on average last year. THIS IS HUGE! Consistantly going to a 3-5 step drop really screws up a defense. Miami played zone to try to take away the long bomb because of the speed our wideouts have. However, we countered by slaughtering them with the short pass. Look for N.O. to try to stop the quick outs. This could be a game where we should throw it deep and exploit N.O.'s weak secondary.

If our special teams keep playing solid we should win the field position battle.

Also, we need to keep the balance of run v pass the way it was last week. We ran 34 times and passed 32. This keeps the defense honest and can wear down the D-Line with the power running of Mack. N.O. has a few injuries so their depth isnt as good as usual.

My realistic prediction 20-13 New Orleans

If we win the turnover battle: 23-17 Texans

12. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Well, we have beaten the Saints before....in the preseason last year...I'm pretty sure it was the Saints...

I believe in my team everytime they take the field, but I'm not gonna put money on 'em against the Saints at this point though.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

oOOOOooooOOOoooo......I can't wait. Last weekend's game was so good that I am really looking forward to this game.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Texans 23
    Saints 20

(and then we'll be a couple games over .500 ;) )

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm benching Aaron Brooks this week because Matt Hasselbeck is playing the Cardinals...

Texans 9 Saints 8

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Texans (unlike the Oilers) are such a "class" organization: from owner to general manager to their coach to the players. I always pulled for the Oilers, but I despised Bud Adams, many of their coaches (not Bum), and they had some real "outlaws" for players. However, I "respect" the Texans organization from top to bottom. I don't think last Sunday was a fluke. I saw real progress from last year and I expect them to play better this week. Texans 20 Saints 10. A few more wins, and people will start to take notice.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Texans 24
    Saints 16

18. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

We need some people to pick the freakin saints so we dont jinx the game this week!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Aaron Brooks is going to light up our secondary, although, we should put up points on their defense because they're secondary is terrible. I expect Carr to have another impressive game but N.O. to win in a score fest. N.O. 34, Texans 27.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Texans in a romp 31-10