1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs Colts predictions here.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Lil Francis, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Texans 21
    Colts 17

Carr 12/25 160yds 2tds sacked 7times
    Aaron Glenn 6tackles 1 Int
    Texans defense 5sacks 3ints

Manning 19/30 213yds 3int 1td
    James 24carries 107yds

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Texans 17
    Colts 14

3. mfclark

mfclark Member

Colts, and easily. They hung with a tough Miami defense despite Manning's interceptions.

Colts 34, Texans 17

4. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

Texans 20
    Girls, I mean Colts 13

5. Gascon

Gascon Member

Texans 27

Colts 17

The Colts Pass defense is suspect....so is their run defense for that matter. They are not a blitzing team as Dungy likes to run Cover 2 schemes, although I fully expect them to blitz more against us. Our offensive line, as bad as it is right now, will play with a little pride. We'll actually make some progress on the ground this week. Our defense will be underestimated once again, and Manning won't be able to afford to do that at Reliant Stadium.

The crowd shall carry us once again.

and yes....this is all wishful thinking....It'd be great to win though.......

6. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Ugh.......same crap with the Chargers.

34-24 Colts

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Ugh... same crap with Dallas... oh wait. :rolleyes:

Texans 20
    Colts 17

8. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

The Cowboys played like ****. The Colts-Phins came down to the last play against a team world's better than the Texans. I can't wait for the Jags to beat the crap out of this team two times.

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

The Jags vs Texans game will be alot closer than you think. You know Fred Taylor will be hurt by week 5 and Brunell is on his last leg so we may upset them when they come to Houston.

10. mfclark

mfclark Member

Eh...Brunell's having his best year in years as a quarterback, even after losing some depth on the offensive line and at wide receiver. Taylor's looked pretty impressive the first two weeks, showing no ill effects from his injury. With a bye week this week, it's good rest for them...and Jacksonville's not a bad team.

Simply put, Carr would have to seriously expose the Jags' D for the Texans to win, and unless the running game gets going, the Jags will sell out against the pass all night long, as many other teams will.

11. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

What did you say again?

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

They have only played 2 games. Brunell is in the twilight of his career and Fred Taylor is a great RB but he gets hurt too easily. I see the Jags winning 8 games max. Nothing special.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oh my god, you were right two times! *gasp* How could we ever pick the Texans... they beat a pretty good team and they are our favorite team. Hell, I'm going to pick for them if they're playing the Rams in St. Louis. I don't particularly care how we play, or who we play, I go into a game expecting a win. I don't pick my team to lose.

It's great to know that you get your enjoyment from watching someone beat up on an expansion team. :rolleyes:

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I know what you mean. I was going to say something about all the predictions, but then I thought about how these are for YOUR team. I predicted, or maybe hoped, that the Cowboys would win, and they lost 44-13.

So I know where all of you ae coming from. I also predict the Cowboys to win next week against the Rams...hmm...ESPN better not sign me for predictions.

15. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

There's a difference between hoping your team wins and reality. It has showed the last two weeks.

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Personally I wouldn't have picked the Texans to win either of the last two games, but I would hope they would. If I took part in these threads, I'd have put two Texans losses.

Still, however lame you think it is to make the predictions they are....it's much lamer to get your consolation from seeing an expansion team lose a game it's expected to.

17. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I don't like the Texans or the Oilers...err Titans. I'd rather see the Jags get kicked by the Colts than either of them.