1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

5.6%
  2. NO

94.4%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes they are all bad trades. Mortgaging the future to go 9-7 and get bounced in the first round is not smart.

Any team can trade a bunch of picks to get better this year. It's not impressive or intelligent. But OBrien gets to keep his job another year j guess.

2. Mr. Clutch

A lot more to stats than that. Clowney also has 2 TDs. He is far superior in the run game. He has more hurries. He has more QBhits. He draws a lot more double teams (not sure if Mercilus draws any doubles at all)

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

See, that's where you are wrong. Those trades are for players that will be here for atleast 3 years (Conley) or longer (Tunsil). Hell, Duke is here for atleast another year. So....again you are wrong.

Texans go 9-7, I'll leave this board for a year. If they do better, you leave....deal?

raining threes likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Tunsil, if they sign him, will probably be overpaid. Duke here for one more year is not good value for a third rounder.

We'll see about Conley.

9-7 isn't the relevant benchmark. They aren't winning the super bowl this year, and they don't have assets to improve the team. That's why teams don't trade future picks for marginal upgrades

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. You are so sure they will be 9-7, back it up. LT's are overpaid..period. Tunsil will get less than if hit the open market.

6. Mr. Clutch

I am sure they won't win anything despite going all in this year and that they'll only get worse with limited draft capital and capspace

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

*sigh*. Avoidance.....

8. raining threes

Tunsil is a marginal upgrade?

Stills as a WFV replacment?

Hyde for a 5th is great value.

I would give up a 3rd for 2 yrs of Duke.

Conley for 2 1/2 yrs?

It's about getting these gys for multiple years. I also expect them to be SB contenders next yr and win a game in the playoffs this yr. Although with Watson and health they could contend this year. I bet you think the way you do because you don't think they can be contenders with BOB as HC even if they had a team full of All Pro's.

9. Mr. Clutch

They gave up many more years of control than they got back. Ok they got a bunch of guys for 2-3 years. So what are they gonna do in 2-3 years? Trade more picks?

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why don't you just leave and hugely improve the Texans forum in the process. Deal?

TheRealist137 likes this.
  11. raining threes

Draft players and BTW, they are only missing their 1st Rd pick next year if you take into account they are getting a comp third, maybe two comp thirds. This is in addition to to two fourth round picks, including Mia. High fourth. So they should be able to add 2-3 starters in next year's draft. If they can't succeed missing only their first Rd pick then there are bigger problems. The 2021 draft is going to look like the 2018 draft. A depth draft, where they probably will only be able to add one starter. That's the price you have to pay for protecting Watson and I'm ok with this price because without Watson you have nothing.

I get people have been conditioned to think the draft is everything but they are getting better talent than they could draft considering they will be drafting at 25 or later. They're finally doing business like successful teams do and it's about time.

If they need to add players in fa they can since the cap is going up 20 million after the new CBA.

You're fretting over nothing. But I get that you're used to the failure of the last decades way of doing business under the GM twice removed.

Blatz and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Na...what’s the fun in that?

houstonstime likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

The Texans paid Seattle to take the best run defender in the league off their hands

This week they gave up 250 yards rushing

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hmmm...Texans were #3 in rushing D. Yeah, 1 game...let's pile on......because you DISAPPEARED for 2 week after the last 2 wins. You a b****. Find another team.

15. Mr. Clutch

I didn't disappear, i was saying the same things. They mortgaged the future to win 8-9 games and get blasted in the first round.

I never said they would never win another game.

Also I was here before O'Brien.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Fixed.
    I agree, but sadly this delusional BoB fan has selective memory. In his world, anyone that says anything bad about BoB is a hater.

17. Texanstradamus

Betting on watt to stay healthy at 30 was a huge mistake I hope They don’t do that next year

18. Mr. Clutch

They don't have much of a choice. Reader and Mercilus are free agents. They'll be lucky just to not get worse

19. Texanstradamus

That’s what happens when u let a mediocre coach have authority

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Don't switch. Make sure you stay consistent. Don't change on wins. Make sure you stay with Texans' suck.