1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS TRADE BROCK OSWEILER TO CLEVELAND BROWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Delusional Brock, but of course he's the best talker in the game. Put him in the press conference and doing interviews and he sounds like an elite QB.

macho GRANDE and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

lmao@ the replies to that tweet

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

All the delusional people from last year excited about Brock now calling Brock delusional.

macho GRANDE and Nook like this.
  6. Fullcourt

What's your point? Brock had legit potential and upside after a small sample size of both good and bad play in Denver. completely different situation now that the world has witnessed ~16 games of a garbage can playing QB.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Gosh we get it.. only you saw through all the BS and knew he was a failure the whole time. [​IMG] There you go.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

To be fair, most of the reports from people who analyzed his game film were pretty bad when we signed him. I think PFF, Football Outsiders, Greg Cossell, etc. were all pretty bearish on him ever being good. I was pretty skeptical but bought into the upside of game manager. It was hard to imagine he could possible be as ineffective as he was, but it wasn't like he was beaming with potential and everyone thought that. I'm trying to think if there was a single well known scout/analyst service that thought he had much in the way of upside. I don't mean tv talking heads, I mean people who watch game tape (and not ones who actively root for the Texans.)

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  9. Fullcourt

Fair enough, but you can't deny that he made the occasionaly great play for Denver. paired with our "QB guru" head coach, there was definite potential (that shortly after disappeared).

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing I'm worried about is if Osweiler ends up landing the starting job in Cleveland and outperforms whoever is given the QB job in Houston.

11. Nook

Nook Member

No, the experts were not high on Osweiler going into last season.

The Texans signed him because he at least represented "hope" and they felt they could sell that to the players and fans, and win enough as long as he was just mediocre.

The problem was, like you said, he wasn't just ineffective, he was horrible.

The fact that the Texans head coach never met or spoke to the quarterback of his team, guaranteed $36,000,000 is unbelievably damning. Hopefully Thing #1 and Thing #2 have learned from the Osweiler dumpster fire.

12. Nook

Nook Member

IF that happens, then the Texans need to purge their coaching staff and front office anyway.

davidio840 and macho GRANDE like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think for sure BOB needs to be gone if that happens because it's his garbage ass offensive system that continues to lead to worse and worse results.

The only way I see it happening is if Cleveland runs a QB friendly system and Savage struggles. He still hasn't thrown a TD pass so that'll have to happen.

Nook likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

My problem is more those same people are now cheering for him to fail and laughing at him.

Just move on.

And don't forget the idiots who signed him are still here.

justtxyank likes this.
  15. justtxyank

Yeah, I'm not trying to bash the team here or rehash the debate. Just think it's important to remember that while none of us thought he would be as bad he was, it isn't like he was really highly thought of and just flamed out.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

BOB has yet to prove that he can put an effective offensive team on the field. If he is some sort of QB guru, we have seen no evidence of it. His "brilliant" and "complicated" system has translated into some of the most boring and predictable football I have ever seen. The defensive side of the ball is another story, but he doesn't seem to have much to do with it.

J.R. and Mr. Clutch like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree completely, that's why I'm all for BOB being on the hot seat. This season he has to prove that he brings some kind of value to the team because so far I can't see it.

18. justtxyank

Let's be clear; the system is not garbage. It's a perfect system when it's run perfectly. However, we've only ever seen it run perfectly by one QB, so it's questionable whether the system is really plug and play with anyone else. Turnover on the roster is bad for this system in particular though, because it needs the quarterback and the wide receivers to know it down pat. The wide receivers essentially read the defense and run option routes on nearly all plays and the quarterback has to be able to make the same reads.

It's extremely complicated and if the receivers don't run it right it doesn't matter who the QB is. If the QB doesn't run it right it doesn't matter who the WRs are. There is a reason the Patriots have put so much value on receivers who understand route concepts.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Agree with Brock.

If you remove the plays - like Chris Clark getting beat every other other play & DeAndre Hopkins causing interceptions - the proof is in the film. He'll have Corey Coleman & Kenny Britt. Thomas, Bitonio & Zeitler on the OL. The 'real QB whisperer' in Hue Jackson & not Billy O'Byran. Hue will get the most out of him, IF he starts.

;)

macho GRANDE and Mr. Clutch like this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Brock lmao. Should be a comedian. Dude is hilarious.