1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign another Cowboy

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hottoddie, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

They picked up a huge tackle. Anyone know much about him?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/index.cfm?page_type=sub&cont_id=129119

Texans sign Dorsey
    September 14, 2002

HOUSTON –The Houston Texans have signed offensive tackle Char-ron Dorsey. In addition, the Texans have waived guard/center Troy Andrew, who had been claimed off waivers from Miami on Tuesday.

Dorsey, 6-6, 375, was waived earlier this week by Dallas and played against the Texans last Sunday. A second-year player, he was selected by the Cowboys in the seventh round of the 2001 NFL Draft (242nd overall). As a rookie, he played in eight games and started two games at right tackle.

A native of Jacksonville, Fla., Dorsey was an All-ACC first-team selection as a senior at Florida State, helping quarterback Chris Weinke win the Heisman Trophy. At The Bolles School in Jacksonville, he was a three-time all-state selection at defensive tackle.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

He had a bunch of penalties, from what I remember. I would say he wasn't doing well, but the whole Dallas O-Line wasn't doing well. :D

Maybe someone else can say more. All I got is negative things.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I am a big FSU fan, and know a little about Dorsey. He has potential to be a good player, but he needs to lose some of that 375 lbs.