1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Select TCU DT Ross Blacklock with 40th pick of 2020 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fulgore, Apr 24, 2020.

?

Do you like the selection of Ross Blacklock

1. Yes

83 vote(s)
    88.3%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

So in looking at the twitter highlights J.Taylor ran through a open hole, juked a guy and still got brought down by him. Good play since he gained a few yac, but nothing earth-shattering about it.
    Epenesa on his 1ST SACK OF THE YEAR play wasn't even among the 1st two to get pressure, it's just that a a slow-footed qb ran to his side to escape and he was able to catch him (barely).

Not trying to demean them since as of now it's still more than what we have out of RB, but it's not making me say "@#$%, we should have picked (insert rando 2nd rounder with 1 decent play here)".
    The damning part is that our 1st 3 picks are all inactive and we have a lot of needs this year.

I haven't heard anything good or bad about Blacklock so I don't know what to think about him yet but he seems to be trending in the wrong direction atm.
    Maybe WE don't even know what he is yet.
    Remember Billy Boy didn't even want to start DW over Savage until he was literally forced into it.

2. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Disagree.
    You can't hit on only 1 draft pick per year (or anywhere around that) and field a consistent winner.
    Salary cap won't allow it.
    You need to find 2-3 starters and 1-2 backups per year (3 or 4 total) to keep up a winning team.
    Rick had some good picks here and there but he was nowhere near consistent enough to be labeled "good".

Average was his ceiling here with us.
    Trouble is that seems to be at least 2 levels of competency above our new gm.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doesn't matter Brian. Best interest of the T-E-A-M Brian.

4. conquistador#11

From page 2, I disliked this pick but I'm not going to give up on this player after a season where it was made clear to them that rookies know nothing.

Seth Payne from the practices they had before the season said Blacklock doesn't get his head up and is causing him to loose leverage. If corrected, He will make big strides. Why hasn't it been fixed. Just old habits die hard? and How does this go unnoticed before making the selection? Questions I'd have for the exiting regime.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

COACHING. Do not judge Blacklock until we see him under a new staff.

6. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Its concerning because Weaver is also the dline coach and is considered one of the best ones out there