1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans releasing Tashaun Gipson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 27, 2020.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That Texans are sht/slow to react to their needs. Kubiak never had a qb he could have train/molded or even an elite one during his tenure. Hell BoB didn't get Watson until after the Oline degraded to sht (not that BoB knows how to utilize Watson anyways).

Idk
    2002 was their first round pick for Carr, took them another 15 years until they utilize another first round pick to grab Watson. U figured they would have realized how important a QB earlier on.

2. raining threes

That's the problem.

The Texans org will be mediocre for the next 5 yrs, regardless of who the HC is.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Texans need to restore the order of things. Get a competent GM. Let him hire his own coach and hire an innovative offensive coordinator to utilize DW4. Create a situation where 3 men can give it their all for those three jobs instead of allowing King Billy Bob to half ass all three. Get 3 men who understand their jobs and work as a team. This is why the team is mediocre. And will be if they don't change.

#63 TEXNIFICENT, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  4. raining threes

I'm for cleaning total house after this season.

BOB/DW4/Cal etc....

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're wrong about Watson.

6. raining threes

We will see

Last season wasn't very promising.

It appears DC's have figured out what Watson likes to do and have figured out ways to take the things he likes to do away from him.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Watson has been a difference maker, I would love to see him with a competent management structure and organization with a real vision. Right now the Texans are Dominated by Billy Bob's ego 1st and EVERYTHING else 2nd. I'd love to see DW4 with an organization that's all about winning the Super Bowl.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You're just hating. Watson was the only reason they made it as far as they did. But of course you're going to throw something else out there.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. DCs have figured out O'Briens kindergarten scribble book offense. Leaving Watson to have to try and make that garbage work.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

it's not that the Dc's figured out watson, it's that BoB offense is way too predictable

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Like I said previously a while back... if Watson gets hurt this team may win one game. If Watson leaves I guarantee you he will play for a different organization as the starter and win a super bowl. Watson is that caliber at QB. Other elements of the team and organization needs to improve. Still need to get a star tight end. Improve the defense. Elevate the offensive and defensive philosophy from a coaching standpoint then be able to execute. The mentality has to elevate with this franchise to a winning minded one period.

TEXNIFICENT, csj and raining threes like this.
  12. raining threes

Ok

13. raining threes

Even though I disagree, thanks for the thoughtful reply.

I just don't see Watson improving in the areas he needs to improve in, he hasn't done it in three years.

Another question is what do you do if he hurts one of his knees again this year?

35 million is alot to pay for a guy with multiple ACL surgeries on each knee who has not really improved since his rookie year.

14. raining threes

I look at this like has Watson improved and I don't think he has regardless of the offense.

15. raining threes

No hating

I just don't think he's that good.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Who have the Texans ever had that was better? And where would you rank Watson in the league right now?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Let me guess his reply ;)

"Considering the only other "franchise" QBs they had were Carr & Schaub, that's not a very high bar to pass. So yeah, he's maybe better than Schaub & Carr but that's not saying much."

...and the QBs he likes better:

raining threes likes this.
  18. raining threes

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And Like i told u it's hard to improve when u have a sht OC giving u sht plays.
    It's like u expect a chef to improve his cooking skills, using a recipe that is written by a dumbass who claims to be a professional chef.
    How can expect Watson to improve if BoB an OC is actual sht at his job.

Six years with us and BoB have yet to coach/create a top 10 offense when he has years of experience as an OC. U choose to ignore this fact and somehow just view Watson as bad cause he's not improving.

U aren't looking at things logically with your blind hatred of Watson.
    I bet u even believe that the Chiefs domination of us during playoffs was all Watson's fault cause he wasn't good enough and BoB was just there.