1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans record for the '02-'03 season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by BALLhog 247 365, Nov 5, 2002.

1. BALLhog 247 365

What do you think their final record is going to be?

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

That is hard to predict. It just matters how they do in the draft, how Carr progresses, and if Bosselli comes back and can make an impact. I think that the Texans will have no more then 5 wins next season.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I think he means THIS season, and I say the Texans are good for another 2 wins.

4-12 and the 3rd pick of the draft (behind the Bungles and the Vikings).

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I think the Texans will win 5games this year and Im going on a limb and saying their other 3 wins will be against the Ravens,Giants, and Titans (last game of season). Charlie Rogers will be gone when we pick and I see us take Willis McGahee from Miami. He is a redshirt sophomore so he can come out. Next season the Texans should win atleast 7 to 9 games.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

The Texans already have two wins in their first eight games, and could've had two more if not for some penalties against Buffalo and Cleveland. They're already on pace to win four, and with the exception of the game against Cincinnati (every team has one of those), are rapidly improving.

Next year we'll have Boselli back, a year's worth of experience and top draft picks, and hopefully a free agent or two. I would bet just about anything that we win more than five games next year.

I think the Texans finish out with four more wins this season to go 6-10.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I predict the Texans to have 3 wins...4 wins tops. We will end up with the third pick and pick Rogers.

Next year this team will win 8 games after having the O line injuries healed...a year of experience for Carr...etc etc etc.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3-13 :cool:

I might be giving them too much credit, but I think it's going to end up that way...

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I wish I could be as optimistic as you Cat, but after that Bengals game... I just don't know. I'll say 5-11, we win three more because other teams are getting mounting injuries and are just rolling over down the stretch since they're out of the playoff hunt. Rogers will be gone and we select Penn State behemoth DT Jimmy Kennedy who replaces Deloach and gives a great force inside along with Payne and Walker.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

They will win 4 this year.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

They split the rest of this year and go 6-10 (maybe only 5-11),
    and next year I see 8-8, but no playoffs until 3rd or 4th year.

12. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

13. buffalospeedway

i'd guess 5-11. our remaining schedule is relatively soft.

in the draft i hope we just go with the best available talent (besides quarterback). it looks to me like the offensive line needs the most help, but if boselli comes back strong next year, and the guy we got in the supplemental draft works out... maybe next year it won't be such a sore spot.

it's hard to tell about our running backs, because without a good offensive line to block for them, who really knows?