1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Draft a week away.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Lpya2, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Lpya2

Lpya2 Member

Does any body see what i seeing the texans are going to get Andre Johnson First pick but at the second round they are going to draft guess who.

Willis Mcahee

Two miami players play in the same team is going to be awsome they aready have some chemisty together playing in the same team last year in college we are going to have a 1 2 3 combo like in the middle of the season when Wilis rehabilitates Carr passing skills Andre's Catching and hopefully willis running skills.

what do you think people.

2. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

i say draft mcgahee, we should take the chance, hell we take the chance on everyone of our other houston teams w/ draft picks, why stop now? :eek:

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

McGahee won't last past Oakland.

4. Lpya2

Lpya2 Member

Just watch next week on draft day.

Texans select Andre Johnson 1st rnd
    Texans select Willis Mcghee 2nd rnd

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

the draft's in 2 weeks.

6. Summer Song Giver

DON'T DRAFT MCGAHEE

We are a young team who can not afford to waste picks on players who may or may not be able to contribute. Get a guy in here who will for sure be on the field. Mcgahee is gamble that won't pay off, mark my words. Besides, our franchise back is playing for the buckeyes this year;)

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I hope your right but I doubt McGhee get to the 2nd round.

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Oakland, TN, NE all possible teams that may pick him in the first round. We wont get him.

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Amen, Summer Song Giver.

I'm so sick of everyone riding McGahee's jock all the time. I think he could potentially be a great player, but he's a big question mark right now, especially in the first or second round (or heck, even third round). Would YOU pay big money to a guy who may not play at all this season? What if something goes wrong with his rehab? What if he's 2/3 of the player he was at Miami before the injury? What if he gets injured again? It's just not worth it. The Texans don't need question marks; they need PLAYERS (especially healthy ones!). Let another team like Oakland roll the dice on him with first-round money. We need someone who can contribute NOW.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

If McGahee lasts until the 3rd round, I say take him. Houston has three picks in the 3rd this year.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Not likely, We're probably trading up for McDougle.

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

McGahee's agent should get an extra 15% if he gets drafted in the first round...

13. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Rather go with L. Suggs than McGahee

14. Truth

Truth Member

Um, the Texans wont make the playoffs anyway this year, so why not take the gamble? If he returns to old form, that's the biggest steal in the history of mankind (;) Cat). I know about improving gradually and all that but man, I think Willis would be a really good fit.

15. drapg

drapg Member

I'm hoping the Titans pick up Suggs in the second round. I don't think McGahee is worth anything higher than a 3rd round pick.

McGahee's agent is a freakin' genius. After suffering one of the most horrific televised injuries in sports history, his name is suddenly being tossed around as a potential 1st round draft pick? I know his doctors say he's healing rapidly... but I'll be damned if he doesn't have the greatest agent in the world. Talk about putting a positive spin on an awful situation!

16. PhiSlammaJamma

If Houston trades up with Cinncinati, what teams would Cincinnati have to bargain with in order to keep themselves from losing Palmer? If the list is small, such as Dallas, why not strike a deal with Dallas, get you man, and get a free 3rd rounder to boot. You could give them a late pick in exchange for not trading up. It's too easy. How many teams could afford to trade up that high to get Palmer from Detroit and still allow Detroit a pick high enough to improve their team. Maybe Dallas. That's about it don't you think. I think the Texans could get Rogers if they really wanted him. They may have to walk the bengals thru all the scenarios to do it. But it's quite possible. If Dallas refuses to deal with the Bengals they are stupid. Because quite frankly they get an extra pick for nothing. If they refuse to deal Cinn takes palmer number one and Dallas gets nothing out of it. Deal and you get a freebie. Everyone is happy except for Detroit.

17. Hey Now!

this isn't, nor has it ever been, about this year. you can't automatically assume mcgahee will return to his pre-injury form -- that's leaping to a questionable conclusion and possibly impacting your team down the road. remember, with the 36th overall pick, you're guaranteed to land "first round" talent. it's simply to dofficult to pass that up for an "if."

18. Hey Now!

this makes no sense, unless you're suggesting they trade down a second time...? which still makes no sense. i don't think they can afford to move at all if they want palmer, because with rogers off the board, detroit would likely trade that pick to a team that wants him, crashing cincy's party.

i think they'll entertain talks with HOU only if they're targeting someone other than palmer who they know will be there at 3 (ie newman or suggs, or if they're torn between palmer and leftwich).

19. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Peter King said in his CNNSi article that the Texans are not likely to trade up for Rogers because his drug test Sunday week turned up negative for drugs, but positive for masking agents.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

It makes perfect sense.

For example, this is how it would go down

Bengals get #3, and Houston's 3rd rounder.
    Texans get #1 pick
    Dallas gets 9th rounder
    Miami gets 12th rounder
    Bengals are guaranteed by Miami and Dallas not to trade up to #3.

Dallas and Miami will do the deal because if they don't, they won't get Palmer anyway. The Bengals will hold the pick. So why not trade and get a free 9th rounder and a free 12th rounder. Everyone wins except Detroit.

The list is so small that can afford to trade up with Detroit (think about what Detroit wants - at least a top 10 pick in return) that if the Bengals buy off those teams Detroit gets stuck. They won't draft Palmer. Because they can't trade him to the only teams that want him bad enough. Dallas and Miami.

I don't see any loopholes as long as you buy off the teams that are willing to trade up.