1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Laremy Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

56.1%
  2. NO

43.9%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think people really underestimate how much one or two quality linemen can improve an entire line. There's a reason these guys go in the top 5 picks. If Tunsil plays up to his expectations then the Texans do have an oline.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

[Q
    A lot of speculation on your part on the inner thinking of the organization.

Just as how i paint BoB as incompetent bumbling idiot, u paint him in a better light.
    I don't believe two first round pick, and a second round is the market rate for the league average LT (where are u getting this from). One would argue BoB got trade rape, he got what was necessary but he didn't come out a winner in the long run.

U also proceed to outright ignore BoB stupid ass trade to get rid of Clowney for petty reasons.
    When someone claims i am neither this or that, they are just fooling themselves.

I am still on the fence about this particular trade b/c i have yet to seen the oline in action, but it was a necessity for Watson health. This trade happened b/c BoB/Front Office couldn't build a competent oline during a five year span, and BoB got desperate.

#442 DatRocketFan, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    raining threes likes this.
  3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Not for this forum but that is the reason that DaDakota is one of the few on my ignore list. Not even sure if he posts as much anymore but nothing more annoying than the same poster showing up on every other post.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well I'm sure I'm not the only one whose lost their appetite after watching him try to give games away with his bass ackwards coaching style.

justtxyank and Blatz like this.
  5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

So when they tried to turn Cloweny into Tunsil was for petty reason? I too didn't like the how the trades ended up but it probably would have been a lot better had Clowney not kill that trade.. This whole thing about BoB getting mad at Clowney so he traded him to one of the places Clowney publicly stated that he wanted after killing the Miami trade for a bag of crap is silly. I'm sure big dumb buttchin BoB walked away thinking that'll teach him to make me mad. I'll send him to a place he wants and I'm going to take crap for it and like it.

raining threes and No Worries like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

BoB can't be completely petty in the way u describe where he can send Clowney ass off to wherever he wants b/c guess what? Clowney had all the leverage. BoB needed Clowney to sign b4 anything can happen.

Oh and guess what we got the LT without Clowney, so BoB never really had to do that sht trade to get rid of our number one pick, but guess what? We did it anyways BC BoB is a PETTY ASS Fk.

Traded away our former number one pick for Conditional 3rd round pick, 2 rando ass players and to top it off, pay for them to take Clowney for us. If he's not petty then he's just sht at trading, either way it both sounds bad.

Houstunna likes this.
  7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Okay, silly it is...

8. raining threes

11 game winner suggests that with the talent available and trying to keep a battered Watson healthy that his backwards ass coaching style worked. Particularly with the injured WR corps and terrible OL. With an improved OL and adding Stills to the WR corps I think BOB will be more aggressive this season. Or at least that's my hope.

No Worries and Blatz like this.
  9. raining threes

Simply put, BOB didn't want Clowney on the team anymore.

You can bash him for that if you like, but he's the one making those decisions.

BTW, I wish they would've franchised Clowney and traded him next offseason and I like Clowney.

If Clowney would have sat out the season costing himself 16 million rather than being traded to Miami then my hats off to him and I would've franchised and traded him next offseason where ever I wanted too or he could sit out next season and lose approximately 36 million. That would test his resolve. What I wouldn't do is give him away for a 3rd rd pick.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Most of us can see that BoB didnt want him on the team not bc hes had, but just cause he didnt want him on the team. So he trade him for garbage, that basically an example of being petty or hotheaded. If we can see this why cant the BoB defenders

11. raining threes

I mostly agree with this post, except he only had 2 yrs and one of those yrs he didn't have 1st/2nd rd picks. This offseason should tell you how much BOB values the OL.

12. htownbball

htownbball Member

Why couldn't we just wait until next offseason to deal with Clowney?

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What is your theory?

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The team won because it is a good team. It had nothing to do with the coaching.

Blatz likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

That is complete and utter b*llsh*t.

#455 No Worries, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This isn't a good team? We have a good coach???

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Maybe he knew they are going to be active in free agency and as such wouldn’t likely receive compensation for him walking. Add in chemistry concerns and the likely potential to undermine the coach.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Every player is hard to develop for BoB.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Last year, the Texans has a sh*t OL and one CB who was in the running for the worst starting CB in the NFL. They got completely exposed in the playoffs. That is no surprise since playoff teams should be good enough to exploit another team’s weaknesses.

The Texans record is explained by a weak schedule and some luck. The coaching staff also deserves credit for dealing with their weaknesses.

raining threes likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Laremy Tunsil on reaction to being traded to Houston 'It was crazy. All I can control what I can control'

Laremy Tunsil on the trade: "It was cool. I got to control what I control. I'm here to win games and to provide for this team as much as I can.'

Laremy Tunsil on Sean Payton calling him an elite-level tackle: 'Really? Sean Payton said that? Nice. That's a compliment. I don't like compliments. I like to keep my head down, keep working and be as humble as I can.'

Laremy Tunsil on getting up to speed on the offense: 'One thing about the NFL it's a copy cat league, it's the same offense, just different terminology. That's what makes it easy.'

Laremy Tunsil on if he was surprised to be traded by the Dolphins: 'I got to control what I control. That's all I can say about that. It's funny because my brother made up this quote: 'Adapt to change and evolve from the past' That really hit home for me.'

Laremy Tunsil on what he hopes to accomplish: 'I had a goal in Miami. I came to Houston, Texas, and that's still the same goal I have and that's to become a leader on this football team and to help this team as much as I can.'

Laremy Tunsil on speculation post-trade he would quickly sign a long-term deal, which hasn't happened, and his thoughts on potentially doing that at some point: 'That would be great, man, but right now my main focus is becoming a better leader and helping this football team.'

Laremy Tunsil on Deshaun Watson: "D4, that's what I call him. He's a good dude, great quarterback and I'm excited to work with this whole football team."

Laremy Tunsil said he patterns his game after 'Tyron Smith, Trent Williams, like those are the top-notch talent in the league, I used to watch the game so much. I respect those guys, getting some tips from those guys.'

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.