1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 27th in ESPN Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROCKSS, Sep 10, 2002.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

2002 Power Rankings: Week 2
    Rank Team Rec. Comment
    1 Patriots 1-0-0 The Patriots sure showed all their critics where they can stuff it. That said, Week 2 gets no easier with a trip south to play the Jets.
    2 Raiders 1-0-0 Good weekend for Al Davis. His guys show they have plenty in the tank and his former superstar coach loses his debut.
    3 Packers 1-0-0 Brett Favre was his old self and Ahman Green is a stud, but what's up with the defense.
    4 Rams 0-1-0 We love Mike Martz's aggressiveness, but sometimes smart wins. He should have kicked the field goal in the third quarter.
    5 49ers 1-0-0 Question for Terrell Owens -- The catch on the last drive was great, but where were you the rest of the game?
    6 Titans 1-0-0 Have the Titans found another Freak in Carlos Hall? Rookie seventh-round pick had three sacks.
    7 Dolphins 1-0-0 Ricky Williams must have looked really good to Dolphins fans. Sure it was against the Lions, but 49 points is still impressive..
    8 Bears 1-0-0 Looks like the same old magic for the Bears. Stealing a game from out of thin air with Mike Brown right in the mix.
    9 Broncos 1-0-0 They won the game, but Shanahan's flirtation with benching Griese isn't exactly a vote of confidence.
    10 Jets 1-0-0 Outgained 381-269, Jets can thank Chad Morton for this one. The Patriots won't roll over on special teams in Week 2.
    11 Steelers 0-1-0 Kordell Stewart's game has always been about confidence and he can't have a whole lot of it right now.
    12 Eagles 0-1-0 At least Andy Reid stepped up and took the blame for playing too conservative in the second half.
    13 Saints 1-0-0 This team still confuses us. They have tons of talent on offense, but whether that produces a playoff team is a mystery.
    14 Colts 1-0-0 Q. Ismail has to be walking around with the biggest smile of anyone in the NFL. From Baltimore and their QB circus to Peyton Manning -- that's a good trade.
    15 Redskins 1-0-0 OK, if Washington scores 30 again this week against Eagles, critics can stop saying 'lets wait until they play a team with a good defense.'
    16 Buccaneers 0-1-0 With Saints, Falcons and Panthers playing better than expected in Week 1, NFC South doesn't look like such a cake walk.
    17 Chiefs 1-0-0 Well one thing's for sure, Priest Holmes isn't a one-year wonder. But Chiefs defense needs to shape up.
    18 Browns 0-1-0 If I was a Browns fan and I heard my team had scored 39 points and lost, I would have thrown more than a helmet (side note: we know who Kelly Holcomb is now).
    19 Bills 0-1-0 If Drew Bledsoe needed to do anything else to cement Buffalo's love affair with him, his crushing block on Jason Ferguson sealed the deal.
    20 Chargers 1-0-0 Anybody who said they expected the Chargers to score 34 in Schottenheimer's debut is probably lying. That said, even though it was the Bengals, it was a pretty impressive win.
    21 Vikings 0-1-0 How the Vikings bounce back after a tough Week 1 loss could be a good barometer of where their season will go.
    22 Falcons 0-1-0 We're anointing Michael Vick as the official quarterback of ESPN.com's Power Rankings. Man is he fun to watch.
    23 Giants 0-1-0 Rams tackle John St. Clair, meet Michael Strahan. Strahan, meet Kurt Warner. They might not win, but the Giants will hit St. Louis all day.
    24 Jaguars 0-1-0 As long as they're healthy, the Jags will be no walkovers this year. They played Indy tough and certainly could have won.
    25 Seahawks 0-1-0 Trent Dilfer seems to be healthy enough to play in Week 2 and you can bet if he is, he'll be starting.
    26 Cardinals 0-1-0 Cornerback Duane Starks wasn't given big bucks in free-agency to give up two long touchdown passes.
    27 Texans 1-0-0 Texans get Texas-sized bragging right until 2006, the next time the teams play. That's gotta hurt in Dallas.
    28 Bengals 0-1-0 Weren't they supposed to be this year's surprise team. Looked like the same old Bungles to us.
    29 Panthers 1-0-0 Big win for Panthers. Now they just need to follow it up better than last year's season-opening win.
    30 Cowboys 0-1-0 Wow did they look bad. The Texans could have played without DBs and Quincy Carter still might not have completed 50 percent of his passes.
    31 Ravens 0-1-0 We knew the Ravens wouldn't be very good. But a loss to the Panthers is worse than we expected.
    32 Lions 0-1-0 An 0-4 record heading into Week 5 could make for a long bye week for Marty Mornhinweg.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

At CBS Sportsline, we are ranked 24th.

3. Stevie Francis

in a way i wonder if we will be better. If we win this next game i am going to get all hyped up and think we will make the playoffs. And if we win a super bowl. i will never post here again.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Anything above Dallas at the moment is fine with me. Time to leap-frog the Chagers..
    2-0