1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tesla smarter than other car companies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by downbytheriver, Apr 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I will buy one if it comes down to around 30k!

2. Precision340

Precision340 Member

unions... Detroit is Detroit now because of the unions.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Union memberships are are at an all time low, and if I'm not mistaken Michigan is now a Right-to-Work state. An innovative and foward thinking company like Tesla shouldn't have any problems with keeping unions out of thier facilities.

Just yesterday the UAW (United Auto Workers) union gave up on trying to unionize the Volkswagen plant in Tennesse. They couldn't even get the 50% +1 votes needed to certify back in Feb and that was even with the supoort of the VW leadership. They had an imminent appeal hearing set with the NLRB and pulled an hour before. Questionable union tactics at its finest.

It's not hard to see how the automotive unions severly hurt the very people that they were there to protect, and workers now see that as well. I'd be willing to bet that Tesla will take care of thier employees the same way that a lot of the other modern upstarts have. If so, unions wouldn't have a chance.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

California gives them millions of dollars in subsidies and tax breaks. Also every car sold in California that isn't a plug in sends money to car companies selling EV's.

Tesla knows which state is keeping his company from bankruptcy.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That all can be changed. Putting a $5 billion factory with 6500+ $60k+/yr paying jobs would go a long way towards changing things.

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i guess you need to echo my comments on this subject that i posted, as people seem to listen to you :p

7. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Not buying a Tesla (yet), but sure am buying some TSLA. ;)

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i just bought back in today before the jump was over. they just sent the first model S's over to China and earnings report may 14th

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Hey...great point you made earlier! :p

I actually wrote that post earlier on my home pc and I forgot to hit submit reply so I just hit the reply button now that I am back home. :eek:

10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Which service center? Are you in Texas?

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm in Austin. The one off Burnet Rd.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

13. Bandwagoner

Guys in a pit do all the work under neath? Yeah that won't be close to the speed of a fillup. Those guy just stay in the pit all day on the chance a Tesla drives up? Disregard it isn't safe to be in the pit when a car drives over it.

It will be about the time it takes to change the oil in a car. Still faster than charging though, so well done.

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

You should probably read up some before commenting.

There are no humans involved, just robots.

15. Bandwagoner

Everything I read says you still need techs and it isn't fully automated. Changes to the design of the car would be needed. If you have a link that says otherwise I would love to read it.