1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terror attack in Barcelona

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by krnxsnoopy, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

“I own a house in Charlottesville, does anyone know I own a house in Charlottesville? It’s in Charlottesville, you’ll see. It is the winery. I mean I know a lot about Charlottesville. Charlottesville is a great place that’s been very badly hurt over the last couple of days. I own actually one of the largest wineries in the United States. It’s in Charlottesville.”

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

On a local note, Texas A&M women's basketball team is safe in Spain:

Torn n Frayed and Astrodome like this.
  3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Like with everything else, Trump's incompetence made it about Trump. Blaming "Both sides".

It took him two days to condemn the KKK, white nationalists, neo-Nazis through a teleprompter. Then the next day he blamed "both sides" again. You can't make this stuff up lol.

It took him less than two hours to condemn "Islamic terror". Why didn't Trump "wait for facts" or "blame both sides" in this case?

By the way, Trump STILL has not called the fatal attack of car running through the crowd in Charlottesville a domestic terrorist attack. Another thing Trump has yet to do? Say something negative about Putin. LOL

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Complaining just to complain.

Some people need to stop being so negative about everything. Jesus.

ipaman likes this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Stop crying. You are making something out of nothing.

ipaman likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This thread shouldn't be about our president. This was a senseless act of terrorism and hopefully no more innocent people succumb to their injuries.

B-Bob, Yung-T, ipaman and 4 others like this.
  7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

REPORTER: Mr. President, have you spoken to the family of the victim of the car attack?

TRUMP: No. I will be reaching out.

REPORTER: When will you be reaching out?

TRUMP: I thought that the statement put out, the mother’s statement, I thought was a beautiful statement. I tell you, it was something that I really appreciated. I thought it was terrific. Under the kind of stress that she is under and the heartache that she is under, I thought putting out that statement to me was really something I won’t forget. Thank you all very much. Thank you.

Things are so backwards.

8. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Oops.

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Blame both sides? What other side do we have? We have the terrorists and people going about their daily lives. Why would he blame both sides in this incident? INSANITY!

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is around the corner from the flat I lived in in Barcelona. Almost feels like these lunatics are following me around.

Very sorry for the victims and their relatives.

B-Bob, Yung-T, Torn n Frayed and 2 others like this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yup! Just like the Obama days. A cow farts in the field and some people feel the need to drag the President in the mix.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

please leave the charlotteville and trump stuff to the other thread. pretty disrespectful

ipaman likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Van driver not in custody. Not good.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just horrible. I've been to Barcelona, such a beautiful city, and walked where the attack occurred. My hope is that they capture those responsible, give them a fair trial, and after they are convicted, slowly run them over one at a time with the same model van while the others are forced to watch.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

You are now 6 posts deep and still have not condemned radical Islam.

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Who cares about Trump in an incident like this?? Keep that argument in another thread (there's a **** load in the D&D).

I was there recently and this is tragic. There are A LOT of people who walk or ride scooters through the city. There could be 100+ people walking across an intersection at any given time, even more so on the Las Rambas. There's so many tourist and businesses and restaurants with sitting areas across the sidewalk.

It's a beautiful city and this makes me sad for them and the city. Prayers to those families and everyone involved.

B-Bob, Yung-T and ipaman like this.
  17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im going there next month for a week. im not scared or thinking of cancelling, but its going to be weird being a tourist in an area where such a horrible thing happened so recently.

Torn n Frayed and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thanks to those of y'all fighting the political farting in this thread -- agree it's not about our POTUS.

Are there any updates? Five (probable) scumbags were killed by French police late yesterday, but I don't know if they think one of those was the driver of the van.

I mean, I think this kind of thing is temporary. Big pedestrian attractions are going to soon have little barrier around them so that a van can't drive right into them from a roadway, and we'll look back and think "ah, remember those innocent days when we didn't have all these ugly barriers?" It's kind of like now when we think how easy airports used to be.

The terrorists will just then move to the next easy low-hanging fruit, which they seem to keep figuring out before the rest of us. You know, honestly, couldn't some place like 4chan be good at dreaming up their next soft targets?

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

@B-Bob As far as I can tell, nothing new is coming out except for the victims names and tributes going out to those affected. One American victim. Authorities think that they foiled a bigger attack.

One thing that caught my attention though. The authorities think that the driver of the van was a 17 years old kid (whoa).

In other related news, there was some stabbings over in Finland. Apparently, another in Germany. Dunno much about either.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Tragic. Prayers for those impacted.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Obama's mismanagement of the Middle East (Iraq, Syria) led to the refugee crisis in the first place, and has resulted in the rise of ISIS and these tragic incidents. Where's that red line again in Syria, Barack? Oops.