1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones: A lesser Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jul 14, 2012.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

There are very little Jones only-ish fans on this site, I basically have them all contained and it show's bright red line when they post, so it's easy to notice that these few people are triple posting twice in every page, making it look like there's a lot of people supporting Jones, when actually it's just few of them.
    Don't get me wrong, I have plenty annoying DMo only fans on my ignore list too, because I'm here to read what real Rockets fans think about my idol, not what yesterday registered biased Lithuanians think about their countryman.

Not so long ago I just felt really bad for Jones, that he wasted his potential. He was no longer a threat to DMo's minutes, I couldn't care less. Nothing changed, Jones had like 3rd OK game in a season, NBA people are not like fans, they will not overreact to a one game, Jones is a goner. Probably ends up on the Lakers this summer on a minimum one year deal in hopes to raise his price, like Ed Davis did. Not necessary Lakers, but you get my drift. Not a real team. Because Jones brings nothing to a table of a serious team. Even though he finally made some layups, instead of getting blocked on every single shot like he was during entire season so far, I feel like he was kept on the court in 4th just because for once he wasn't hurting the team and it was a good time to showcase him for a potential trade. Because opportunity of playing against weak ass frontcourt of Zeller and Marvin Williams/Kaminsky may not occur ever again for Jones in Rockets uniform, so they rode that horse to the fullest.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Terrance Jones is a less athletic version of Thomas Robinson.

3. OpenLayup-Why3?

I forgot why is he no longer a Rocket?

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because he is the embodiment of what is wrong with the NBA today: tweener forwards who are undersized to play pf but don't have the ball handling ability or overall skillset to play small forward and are atrocious at shooting... but they can jump through the roof.

Except, Tjones can't jump through the roof anymore. I'm no where near sold on his shooting ability because he still has a ridiculously slow and crap form. He makes some exiting blocks. Whoop de do. He still is a **** defender and can't box out to save his life.

#1024 fchowd0311, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Allow me to give you and others their lives back with 3 simple words: "Agree to disagree!"

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at this breakdown. anyways move along. these type of plays seem a little bit too much for you to handle.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nothing more I can ask of Jones than to hit 40% of his 3's and make some offensive plays and occasional shotblocking off the bench. Decent rebounder too and is hitting 65% of his FT's.

Can still get stronger since he doesn't rely on his athleticism much. Highly likely he'll learn how to box out better. Bball iq will increase slowly with age.

Excellent 24 year old player. I doubt we keep him though since he'll get a $10m offer this summer, a few milli above the MLE. After all, he's at least as good as Markief Morris who is getting paid that much.

8. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO :rolleyes: What a joke you are DMO only fan.
    While the anti Jones haters are exactly two. Bobby and bballholic but they post so much you would think Jones personally insulted them and their families.
    :grin:

9. basketballholic

Once again, I do not hate Terrence _ones. I just realized early in the 13/14 season that he was not going to be great and he wasn't the answer here. And I wanted us to sell high on him when he was pumping out those crazy box score numbers playing off Dwight and Harden in the starting lineup. We could've maximized our return on him at that time, Dec. 15th, 2013.

There's nothing personal about it. It's just been obvious to me that Terrence is NOT a rotation big on a championship team. Terrence is a 10th-12th man on a championship roster, a possible 8th-9th man on a playoff contender, and a part time starter on a lottery team.

Not hating. Just factual. It's posters like you that take it to the wrong place, that throw off the hate crap...and many of them continue further to pumping Terrence as some future star/superstar. He is not. He's just another player. And he's very deficient in a number of key areas (defense, rebounding, shooting) when stacked up against the playoff teams in the West.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Or stomped a family member.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha you need to stop. You said Jones wasn't going to play in the NBA in his rookie year. You said he would never be a starter, better yet see any real time minutes as a Rockets. And nothing you said has been factual, it's all been fabrication. You've been hating on that young man since day one. Like I told Bobbythegreat , it's so easy to screens hot our debates from way back win.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Things not looking great for the #AgendaCrew

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Never do Mr Clutch

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

How did Tjones do tonight? Missed the game.

15. omgTHEpotential

Fair to say T-Jones is being actively showcased. Not playing great on defense, but his dunks and flexing kind of disguises that for casual fans.

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

Right. He didn't even play in the second half. He's being showcased.:rolleyes:

17. omgTHEpotential

I'm talking about the Charlotte game.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I guess Dmo is being showcased too. Lol only playing 8 freaking minutes. Better yet we don't want him to sustain another injury because he's trade bait huh?

19. omgTHEpotential

That's Morey for you. Taking all the attention from DMo and trying to up TJones' value.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh god.... so TJones not playing spectacular excuses other players and I do not see them getting any flame in this kind of threads

He played 12 minutes for God's sake :rolleyes::eek: