1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones: A lesser Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jul 14, 2012.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

You call that a real attempt to steal the ball? Lol. You really need to try to completely understand correctly what all transpired during that play. I actually can't believe it seems this difficult for you. It's pretty simple basketball

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep, it's clear cut. The ball was in play, and Jones was peacocking in front of the Rockets' bench. That was a boneheaded move, and just b/c it didn't hurt the Rockets doesn't change the fact that it was a boneheaded move.

At the time of Beverley's rebound, you didn't know if Kemba Walker would successfully steal the ball. All you know is that Walker was putting himself in the position to steal it. The best course of action is to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Can you imagine if Popovich was our coach. How do you think he would've reacted to Jones peacocking in front of the bench during a live ball?

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep, I'm having trouble with the concept. All my life, I've thought that when the ball is in play, the active players should be on the court, not strutting on the sidelines with their backs facing the court. :confused::confused::confused:

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hahhahaha and you're still stating a case huh. wow

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? "Quite a few"? I get that you are just trolling, but it would probably be more effective if you knew what you were talking about. Then again, as you've shown many times when trying to talk basketball, knowing what you are talking about isn't really your thing.

Don't take it too hard when your boy gets traded.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Must be your first time watching an organized basketball game. As long as you admit you're having trouble. Feel free to ask questions to help you understand

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wasn't boneheaded at all. It was actually a very high iq play from start to end. Again the rest of your post is irrelevant with your unsuccessful attempt to make something out of nothing. Only someone who has probably never touched the ball in an organized game would make comments like these. They don't know what their talking about. "Imagine" lol

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Silly Rabbit why would I take it hard. Like I told you the other day, Iv'e been a Rockets fan way before you were home boy. You're only a fan because of Dmo and that's it. If we trade Jones I will still attend at least 10 games a year like I always do and I will continue to support this team through thick and thin like I always have. So please cut that nonsense out.

And speaking facts isn't trolling either, learn the difference young buck. You and Holic been on this crusade against Jones since day one. One could easily research and screenshot your hatred from way back when dude. And I am not the only one that has had these same insane debate with you concerning Jones and Dmo. My boy dobro can attest to this home boy. I can even screenshot your arguments with members on SBnation as well.

9. omgTHEpotential

I respect that you still support the Rockets after Lin left.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

https://instagram.com/p/_lpozUQvhX/

KD is a such a bonehead. The ball is still in play after the block. Go secure the ball! But what if a clipper player caught it and got another shot attempt in the air. Can you imagine if popovich was the thunder's coach? He probably would have benched kd the next game for that :rolleyes:

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Ok Dmo only fan. But hey good try young buck. Dude Lin is garbage, so cut that nonsense out.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Are you boys arguing about the jones flex? Gotta love the flex

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Nice try, but its a totally different play. When Jones was peacocking in front of the Rockets bench, the ball was in play and there was still ~24 seconds left in the game.

In your Durant video, it's impossible to secure the ball after the block b/c the game was over before the ball landed. If a Clipper were to catch and shoot, that would still take at least 0.3 seconds. At the 0.3 second mark, the ball was at least 12 feet away from the basket and over 10 feet in the air. In other words, it would've been impossible for a Clipper to catch and shoot the rebound.

However, I do want to point out a few things:

1. After Durant's block, all the Thunder players react to the ball.

2. Durant doesn't celebrate until the final buzzer sounds.

3. At no point does Durant have his back facing the action.

16. dmoneybangbang

No one has conceded because no one thinks Jones is a high level rotation.... They just think you are so blinded and delusional...

You have to be dishonest and talk about the "delusions and grandeur".... Pathetic......

17. dmoneybangbang

But we are waiting for the commitment errr concerted effort.... The concerment!!!!!!111!!!

18. dmoneybangbang

It's cute how delusional they are....

Technicallyvthough.... crazy people don't know they're crazy....

19. dmoneybangbang

But do you need to say on r e d 9 4 and t d s? How many fan sites do you need to troll?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody is going crazy.... there are better players in the NBA than Jones and DMo...

you need to really STFU because you are even more annoying.
    The earlier you realize the better for you.