1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tell them about Mo, the Cat!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Feb 23, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This is your place Cat. Tell them about Mo.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

2. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Aren't you the biggest Rockets basher of them all, what do you mean them?

------------------
    The NEW Cuttino Mobley Online

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

No. I don't bash Mo. I bash-ed Rudy and Cuttino. I have stopped bashing Cuttino, and I have toned down the Rudy bashing as well. Mo has been bashed by nearly everyone on this board, except for myself and The Cat.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

[This message has been edited by ZRB (edited February 23, 2001).]

4. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

I could go find some posts where you do, but it's not worth my time.

------------------
    The NEW Cuttino Mobley Online

5. Timing

Timing Member

A lot of Rockets had great games including Mo and his 34 points. Mo played 48 minutes and STILL only had 6 rebounds. I'd be more impressed if he scored 15 points and grabbed 15 rebounds.

------------------
    "Relax... kids swallow quarters all the time. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel then start worrying!" -Grumpier Old Men

6. myputersux

myputersux Member

Don't make generalizations about everyone ZRB...

You don't speak for all of us..

but I am extremely pleased with Mo's playing of late.....outstanding!!!

------------------
    Lar

[This message has been edited by myputersux (edited February 23, 2001).]

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

No, not all of you. Still, a large percentage. Notice I edited my post. I have really toned down my outight bashings, but I haven't stopped being critical. So where are you The Cat? Rip into the Mo bashers. Three straight aMOzing games.

------------------

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'm here ZRB-- thanks for the thread in my honor, lol. [​IMG]

I've gotten my points across very clearly the last two games. By now everyone knows my opinions on the matter, and I don't want to just go on and on for another game. Mo's game itself should do the talking. Mo IS an intregal part of our future, and hopefully this game along with the last couple should show some of you doubters out there just the kind of abilities Mo has, and just why we should try so hard to keep him around.

GO MO!!!!!

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Absolutely. The Rockets must re-sign Mo. My worst nightmare is the Rockets ditching Mo to get Webber, with Webber not signing, and Mo leaving out of anger. He needs to be kept by the Rockets. He fits the team SO well.

------------------

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

hmmm... those...... COMMAS.

[​IMG]

------------------
    "Ive seen more class at a Pig Humpin Contest ." -- moestavern19 makes headlines again, and in the process leaves little doubt as to what Saturday nights in his hometown of Lompoc, California are like.

11. myputersux

myputersux Member

So are you advocating that we dont at least TRY to get Webber??

It does leave us in a fix if Mo continues his outstanding play...Do we try to keep a good 4 that we have RIGHT NOW? Or do we risk losing him to gamble in the CWebb sweepstakes?? Our chances of getting him are not that great..still under %50 I would think..

Perplexing situation in my eyes...

------------------
    Lar

12. myputersux

myputersux Member

sorry DoD...my bad..got in a hurry..hit the wrong key..edit goin on now.

------------------
    Lar

13. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

NO. Of course the Rockets need to try for Webber, but they also have to do their best to keep Mo in case Webber doesn't work out.

------------------

14. pooh222

pooh222 Member

It now looks like Mo is motivated, it seemed like early in the season, Mo wasn't giving it his all, now he's playing up to the player I think he could have been all along. That's why I was so critical of Mo earlier this season because with the talent he has, he could have been playing like this all season. Just think where the Rockets would be if Mo was playing like this from day one.

------------------

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Grandma always said,"A bird is the hand is worth two in the bush."

Hope that helps... [​IMG]

------------------
    The season's halfway over...and I still need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

16. myputersux

myputersux Member

but it isn't JUST Mo that has helped us get 8 out of 9...count Hakeem in on that streak..without him..Mo's play wouldn't have mattered..

------------------
    Lar

17. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I love when Mo takes it to the hole. Adds a whole new threat to the offense.

How bout Wiz shutting down McGrady in the 4th?

How good is Francis? Can he do it all or what?

What can you say about Dream that hasn't been said already?

Shandon doesn't get much notice, but he does all the little things that help win games.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

18. myputersux

myputersux Member

Thanx Astro...puts my mind right at ease, that does... [​IMG]

------------------
    Lar

19. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Last nights performance was something to brag about.

good for him. I've been waiting for a breakout game like this, I thought he had it in him, but it seemed like it took forever for it to happen.

[​IMG]

------------------
    snap crackle pop

20. Sniper

Sniper Member

In Mo's defense, I watched the whole game and there weren't that many rebounds to be had for Houston. Every time Mo had the ball he either made the shot (or dunk) or was fouled. I didn't see any of the self-rebounds that some players get because they can't put the ball in the hole (see Rodman).

I gotta say I love the way the man has been playing the last few days - he almost looks like a 4 in a 4's body. Then he has the sweet outside touch that does so much in spacing the floor for out guards. He seems to have great chemistry with the rest of the team as well.

So my question is...should we be looking to find the perfect defensive board-crashing 5 instead of 4? Maybe we'll know more after the game with Portland. I suspect that Mo playing more like a 4 will have a direct relationship on his rbg, and hopefully that will go up as well.
    Ok, so I'm on the bandwagon....but as the song goes, there's plenty of room for you on the bandwagon =)

------------------
    Ex-Canuck loving life and the Rox in H-town