1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm curious to know two things.

1. How much of your opinion on Teddy Bridgewater is based on the opinion of "experts" in the media and how much of it is yourself?

2. What reason do I have to believe that your methodology of judging prospects is better than the NFL teams in general?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

They spent $100K on a study and let the results of that study leak out to the public? I'm not saying they're lying, but you do have to wonder.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No & no RT @Neloquent:
    Did the texans even target Bridgewater? If not is it because they have a deal in place to get Mallet?

— Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) May 9, 2014

On #Texans QB, personally I thought they should of traded up for Bridgewater. Informed that wasn’t their guy. Asked about JFF, no interest

Know for a fact they would RT @texansinfo: so you think if both had been there at 33, we still would have gone a different direction?

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wow didn't know Teddy had this:

Weeks before the Minnesota Vikings traded back into the first round to draft Teddy Bridgewater on Thursday night, they brought the Louisville quarterback in for an extra physical to check out an issue with his heart.

“I just had an abnormal heartbeat,” Bridgewater said in a conference call. “I think it was 1 percent, or one beat, less than the normal beat. So, I came back up to Minnesota, got the physical, got the EKG and everything, got tested and it came back positive.”

No other teams circled back to check out the heart issue, according to Bridgewater, who said it never had been raised before either.

MORE: Bridgewater in good spot in Minnesota

“I wasn’t aware of it,” he said. “It came up at the combine and I was freaking out about it. But I knew that once I got started and starting running on the treadmill, that my heart rate would be normal.”

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer first revealed the examination as part of a broader story about what he likes about his new quarterback.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/05/09/nfl-draft-minnesota-vikings-teddy-bridgewater-heart/

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Can we close this abortion of a thread now?

7. Remii

Remii Member

Congrats for getting drafted in the 1st round Teddy... OMR was right.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Most QBs don't make it so saying you will take Matt Schaub's career isn't that much of a prediction. Secondly, most nfl scouts and GMs even with all their "scouting" end up being wrong. You probably have the same probability of being right as throwing darts on a board. He seems like a good person who did very well i college, and it is amazing how it seems so many people want him to fail.

9. jdr6000

jdr6000 Member

You could have got him Texans, and you blew it.

I will check back in four years, Texan fans...

...when Teddy is the best QB in the NFL.

10. ima_drummer2k

You forgot to add "BOOK IT"

That's the part that somehow legitimatizes a silly prediction.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Lock this thread!

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Please. Both of them.

13. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

14. Remii

Remii Member

15. Play07

Play07 Member

long time Vikings fan here, still root for texans & watch all texans games & go to a few since I live near houston.

you guys should be ok at QB either trade for mallett, draft carr or ride with what you guys have.

I use to come through this thread sometimes see alot of people speaking highly of bridgewater but then I guess he had a bad proday so it messed things up. But man I was surprised when we traded up and got him, I thought we were going to take johnny at 8th, and we got barr & teddy so just hope teddy doesnt bust but he seems like a good guy that is reday to learn and play hard and johnny wouldve brought to much drama.

16. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

You guys got really really lucky in getting Teddy

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wish the best for you guys but I fear you might be in trouble. Teddy was a terrible pick for a team that just picked up Norv Turner who is in love with deep passing.....Teddy's biggest weakness as a passer. No matter what happens, Teddy is a good kid and no one will be rooting for him to fail.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously...

I loved me some TB, I think they made a mistake.

But it is pretty damn clear that they didn't want him at all. At all.

Get over it.

Let it go.

Move on.

It's over.

It wasn't meant to be.

Don't spend the rest of your life mumbling to yourself under your breath and twitching like some burned out old Vince Young fan.

And people who didn't like Teddy, stop poking the bear. It doesn't do anybody any good. You are only hurting yourself.

19. ima_drummer2k

I don't really get all this hand-wringing about players who have yet to even suit up in the NFL. There is so much unknown about these guys, yet certain people are just CONVINCED that they're going to come back and haunt us for the next 20 years.

Didn't we learn how foolish this all was after the 2006 draft?

You can't go through life constantly being afraid of what might happen. That's a pretty miserable existence.

20. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

More so, people are getting caught up with names from college football. It's like trying to predict if Keenum's going in the 4th round or 3rd. Bridgewater may turn out ok, but his pro day results tend to push his value down. I'm looking at the other threat and all these people, some of the same people are happy about getting the UCLA OL.... You do realize that you can't have everybody right?

You bring an undersized QB with the same line? Have you seen how that line just collapses? At times, there were no blitzes and they will come right up the middle. Do you think Bridgewater or Johnny Football could actually survive that kind of onslaught? Fans tend to like to reach just so they can say "I told you so," even if they were right one out of 50 times. I guess most of us just want to come back and say "I KNEW THAT GUY WAS TOO GOOD TO PASS UP" even though the rest of the picks are underachieving. But to make noise about every pick, and to ridicule not picking a name that you've heard about a few times on TV does not justify that it's a good pick. Everyone passed on them. I tend to think that it just means that not too many people are willing to take a chance on him being the "greatest QB in the league in 4 years.."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.