1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ted Cruz vs. Paul Sadler Debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OldManBernie, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

2. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I watched the first 5 min of it the other night and realized that these guys both come across as such losers/douches and couldn't force myself to watch anymore.....

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Sadler was terrible with the "but the previous administration" bits. He got too hung up on that sort of thing. Cruz was far too smug. Cruz would say something then prepare himself for Sadler's "inevitable" contradiction, especially when it came to taxes.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I found the debate pretty entertaining. I remember at one point Saddler called Cruz a troll. They were both ridiculous. Saddler kept interrupting Cruz, but then when Cruz didn't have an answer, and kept dancing around it, instead of Saddler letting Cruz dig his grave, he continued to interrupt him -- allowing Cruz to continuously repeat "are you going to let me finish?" which ate up enough time for Cruz to get something coherent out.

Saddler came off as a giant baby. He complained to the moderators too much, although his points were valid, Cruz didn't answer the questions (nor did Saddler) and Cruz talked way more than he did. Time of possession was heavily in favor of Cruz this time.

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

One more thing: Saddler was complaining about Cruz not debating him more, calling him a hypocrite for refusing to agree to more debates. To me it is common sense, Cruz was the under-dog who desperately needed air time. Now Saddler is in the same boat. It would be stupid of him to give more free coverage to Saddler. Saddler knows that, but he tried to bait him into it at the debate, which was kind of funny.