1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEBOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by TheGreat, Oct 22, 2011.

1. bloop

bloop Member

lol you're gonna be sick? what a noob.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Dolphins probably just rolled over as Tim Tebow is probably way more popular in FL than the Miami Dolphins so they just wanted to give the FL fans what they want.

;)

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Anyone else notice Tebow not looking during the game winning kick? Looked like he was praying/using his Jesus power to help the kicker lol.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That made me lol.

Praying for god to help you win a football game... I mean, really...

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

It worked.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

God hates the Dolphins.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Does Tebow throw off his back foot?

DD wants to know.

#67 DonnyMost, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

you know, i hated all the tebow hype in college (partly because people actually thought he was better than VY) and until about 2 weeks ago i really wanted him to fail in the nfl. but the vy parallels - great in college, unorthodox in the nfl, stubborn coach who would rather play the mediocre conventional qb and lose than the "just wins" guy, "just wins" guy gets in the game and team is immediately inspired and plays better, etc - made me start rooting for him during that comeback last week. and seeing this comeback play out was pretty cool. based on the stats, the coaches basically didn't let him pass all day. and they got a nice 0 points for it. then they let him actually play and he pulls off a crazy 15 point comeback in 3 minutes. even then, what were the first 2 plays of OT? runs. it was like, alright you just saved our asses, but now back to not trusting you, we got this. and of course they got nothing again. but tebow inspired the D and the kicker and got the W anyway. that's what the "just wins" guys get you.

and now for tebow to promptly play like crap and lose 52-0 in his next game and render all i said irrelevant.

9. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

JeromeSolomon Jerome Solomon
    Say what you want about The Tebow Effect, but a loud roar went up in the Texans' locker room after he scored game-tying two-pt conversion.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Even other teams' players have to root for Jesus.

11. The Situation

The Situation Member

Last year the Texans found out, now the Dolphins know

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X-3gXet-ljs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Tebow is gonna personally keep the Broncos from drafting Luck... Guide them to a 5-11 record, and the job is his... Thats what I call , self-reliance... Elway is probably pissed as we speak... Looking forward to seeing Decker and Thomas on the waiver wire tomorrow

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Tebow-mania making Lycos have to post the same Tebow twice in a row, the EXUBERANCE he brings

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

14. bloop

bloop Member

why does that set you off?

he's asking for God's strength in something he cares about. that sort of **** is common in all types of religions. for example in Asia it's common to go pray before an exam or business deal for fortune/luck/karma etc. in the Bible Jews massacred sheep and prayed for the genocide of tribes they had beef with. I'm not a Christian but there's absolutely nothing inconsistent about the belief that an Evangelical Christian God who is personally invested in the lives of the faithful cares about the **** that they care about. Why do you even care how's he's practicing his religion?

I guess there might have been a time when Christians were the judgmental ones but these days it's the bigoted anti-Christian freaks who get their rocks off by nitpicking everything about someone else's religion so they can feel better about their own belief system.

Maybe you should publish a list of approved ways for them to communicate with their own God that isn't offensive to you.

1 person likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Because I find the idea of god giving a s**t about a football game, let alone playing favorites amongst the teams, to be silly, if not fairly self-centered.

16. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Praying for strength to compete at your best(you and your teammates) before or during an event is very different than praying for results. Players probably do more of the former while fans do more of the latter.

17. bloop

bloop Member

yeah I hate when other ppl's religions don't line up with my preconceived notions.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm actually on your side here, but a lot of Christians believe that you're supposed to pray for everything, as in your life is not about self-control, but God's control. Okay, that's too much D&D itt.

19. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Oh God, please don't turn this into a D&D b****fest. :rolleyes::p

20. bloop

bloop Member

lol@using Lycos

and lol@ not understanding how 2 separate articles from USA Today and AP come up twice in search.

Tebow did play like crap this week. From what I saw it looked like Miami went into a prevent defense late in the game and created way too many holes in the secondary for Tebow to exploit. On the other hand you can say that Miami underestimated Tebow and that Tebow definitely played differently come crunch time (there's no question on that point... the question is whether he choked/overthought the previous 3 quarters)

The aphorism going around is that Tebow is everything his critics say he is, and everything his supporters say he is. Which I think is true so far.

Tebow doesn't have an NFL arm, and his poor mechanics, especially when rolling to his weak side doesn't help. Even one of his touchdown tosses was a weak throw (although accurate and well timed)

At this point it's a race to see if his feet/heart can win a game before his arm/eyes lose it. The tough part is that neither Elway or the coach are invested in him or really seem to know how to use him.

Plus evidently Tebow is really stupid. Not even like Rothelisburger/Kordell Stewart stupid but like Michael Vick/Cam Newton stupid. It's going to be an ongoing question whether he can even learn the offense he needs to learn.