1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teams you pay attention to and why

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Chargers -my favorite city , my favorite team , started with the drafting of L.T back in the day.

Ravens - Always been in love with their D since the start of Ray Lewis /Ed reed career .

Lions - i got some family in michigan , got me curious about the Lions plus they had Barry F'n Sanders .

Bears - been a Brian Urlacher fan since his career started.

Falcons - started watching them for the Mike Vick experience , just continued to pay attention through Matt Ryan era.

Rams - Started watching them when Kurt Warner started "The greatest show on turf " , those offenses were incredible to watch .

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

in this order...

Redskins - lived for 10 years

Texans - hometown.

Cowboys - mix of lifelong cowboys/dallas hatred and redskins rivalry

Eagles - mix of proximity to dc, fan of donovan mcnabb, and in same division as redskins...my interest in them has waned since the end of the mcnabb era

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rockets - Love
    Astros - Pain
    Texans - Football rules
    Manchester United - Soccer rocks
    Fulham - Clint Dempsy
    Bolton - Stuart Holden
    Everton - Tim Howard
    Team USA - National Soccer team - I enjoy the challenge of watching our team get better.

My fantasy team - $$$$$

DD

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

1. Texans.
    2. Every team represented on my fantasy squad. This year, that includes the Panthers, Cowboys, Lions, Buccaneers, Eagles, Chargers, Saints, Jets, Raiders and Ravens.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Texas - because my blood bleeds orange
    Rockets - because of Moses and Dream
    Titans - because they used to be the Oilers
    Texans - because of family that live in Houston and you guys
    Browns - McCoy
    Philly - Young
    Patriots - Brady is ridiculous

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I moved to San Diego in 2002 (the same year the Texans started playing). Got season tickets to the Chargers and was as big a fan of them as I was the Texans as Houston will always be "home" for me.

About 2-3 years ago, I came to the firm belief that the Chargers will be in Los Angeles within the next decade and I absolutely refuse to root for any Los Angeles team, in any sport, under any circumstances. As such the Texans have fully become "my team". I still root for the Chargers, but only if it doesn't hurt the Texans and as soon as they move to LA, I will root for them to lose every game just like I do for the Titans.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll stick with the NFL:

Texans: Lived here 25 years

Steelers: My team since I was 9 years-old. Did not grow up in or near Pittsburgh.

Packers: HUGE Aaron Rodgers fan. The story of his falling draft stock, non-relationship with Brett Favre, humble demeanor and ascension to best QB in the NFL makes him my favorite player in the NFL.

Bears: Saw them every Sunday growing up in Indy and I still remember 1985. That season was pure magic except for the Dolphins loss.

Cowboys: Didn't like 'em under Landy, don't like 'em under Jerry.

Colts: They snuck out of Baltimore just when I was leaving town. Never really bonded with the team. I think the world of Peyton Manning.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Texans/Rockets/Longhorns - no explanation needed...homerism to the fullest

Tampa Bay Bucs/Rays - black coach/ QB... Rays because of Carl Crawford but still like em

Chicago Bears - Johnny Knox my lil cousin..lil fast mfer..lol

Jack Yates/ Booker T Washington football - although they suck now , still support my schools!!...

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Texans

of all teams, i overwhelmingly follow the texans...no one else is really a close second, even though i follow the league generally.

i like the Saints...but the attention i pay to them is nowhere near what it is with the Texans.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Chargers - mah team

Lions - Calvin Johnson

Saints - Drew Brees (former charger)

Falcons - Turner (former charger)

All of the other teams in the AFC West.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

even the miami game was awesome though, it was monday night vs. marino, i still remember the monday night game vs minny when willie gault went off the charts.