1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TCU Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

TCU lost to Baylor period. It's silly that you think Baylor's loss to West Virginia is more important than TCU's lost to Baylor.

I thought Baylor was overrated all year and I always thought TCU was the better team but you just can't give TCU the nod above baylor when then they have the head to head and an equal record. If you want it then take care of business and don't whine about how you aren't ranked above the team you lost to.

I would agree that it is about the $ when it was the bowls choosing the teams they wanted but this is a committee thats mission statement is to look at football issues only. I legitimately don't think they care about TV ratings (especially when the ratings will be good regardless). You can do the it's always about the money woe is me thing if you want.

The committee has a football philosophy about out of conference schedules and the additional game that Ohio St had that TCU and Baylor did not. TCU's best out of conference win was Minnesota which Ohio St beat as well. Ohio St beat a good Michigan St team which who we just saw beat the same Baylor team that TCU lost to. Ohio St was a better pick because of that extra win vs Wisconsin and they proved they were good enough to be there by beating Alabama.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

I was talking about OSU losing to VT, but go ahead and believe what ya want. Its about the money.

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

You said WV.

I guess that means TCU will never make it to the playoffs. I'll admit you were right if they go undefeated next year and are left out.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Kenny Hill to transfer to TCU, will have to sit out one year, will be ready after Boykin leaves.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gonna fit right in at TCU with his sweet, shiny earring.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Can't wait to hear what nickname he gives himself next!

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Kenny Frill

8. askball

askball Member

He'll be a perfect stopgap for us.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Chris Hackett declares for the draft

10. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Echols-Luper switching to DB, should help the depth there, we have more than enough WRs obviously.

Jordan Moore is deciding to transfer, to be closer to home apparently.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

What does that even mean?

12. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

BJ Catalon declared for the draft, pretty suprising if you ask me. I'd be shocked if he went before the 4th to 5th round.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Good for Baylor :)

14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Inside information on BJ is that his concussion problems were not getting better, he decided to enter the NFL Draft under Coach P's advice because if he gets injured in college again (concussion) he'll probably never play again, so it's better if he's making an NFL salary at least, but obviously the injury risks are high.

15. askball

askball Member

For anyone who cares...Kenny Hill didn't qualify academically to transfer into any division 1 schools. He's enrolling at TCC for the spring semester before transferring into TCU (assuming he gets his grades in line).

16. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Dang, pretty big news, if he goes this route, does he have to sit out a year?

Also, any source on this, thanks.

Looks like the Mack home visit went well yesterday, should be interesting to see what he decides. I think it'd be a huge get with the instant impact up the middle of the defense (where we are the weakest).

My other two recruits to watch for this week:
    Jonah Moi - JUCO LB (would also have an instant impact) - soft commit to Washington St right now, also being recruited by Oregon
    Terrell Chatman - 4 star WR currently committed to Miami, also being recruited by Arizona St and Georgia, is part of the new pipeline of Louisiana products we've been getting. He visited last weekend where we received a few commitments from and visited him in LA on Thursday.
    Bryce English - another DT target from DeSoto

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He has to sit out a year anyway.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not sure why TCU wants a selfish head case like "Kenny Trill" anyway. They can do better.

19. askball

askball Member

Really hoping we can land Moi. We will be very inexperienced up the middle of our defense next year with Hunter, Dawson, Mallett, Carter and Hackett all gone. GP has done great work with JUCOs before (Verrett, Dawson, etc.) but I think TCU is fighting an uphill battle with Oregon here. Moi grew up an Oregon fan and is a west coast guy. Moi will apparently announce next Monday or Tuesday. We'll see what happens.

I think Bryce English is our fallback plan if Mack commits elsewhere.

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

In over analyzing twitter news, Daylon Mack just followed the following individuals: Jason Verrettt, LT, Aaron green, Boykin, Kolby, Kilby Griffin and Andy Dalton....