1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tax Cut] Information for Trump bashers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Aceshigh7, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Now that the tax bill has passed both the House & Senate and is on it's way towards being signed into law, I wanted to pass along this information to all those who have been insulting, resisting, and advocating against Trump since he took office.

Once the new tax guidelines go into effect, please take the amount that you will be saving as a result of this legislation and make a check payable towards reducing the national debt of the United States.

It would be the height of hypocrisy for someone to bash Trump for the better part of a year, and then to benefit from the tax policy that he brought about. You're happy to "resist" him at every juncture. Well, "resist" his tax cut as well. If you don't, you have zero moral high ground and are the very definition of a hypocrite.

The address to send your checks to:
    Attn Dept G
    Bureau of the Fiscal Service
    P. O. Box 2188
    Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

You can also go to Pay.gov and contribute online.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/resources/faq/faq_publicdebt.htm#DebtFinance

RocketsLegend likes this.
  2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

@Aceshigh7 Are you suggesting people actually have skin in the game here?

SIL

TheresTheDagger and Aceshigh7 like this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Brilliant!

Mods - can we please sticky this thread?

You want to complain about lower taxes, we have a solution for you! (unless of course you're a complete hypocrite!)

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Someone mind breaking down the tax benefits for someone like me?

Let's say I make $145-165k a year(gross)
    My bonus is an estimated $90-100k a year(gross) also
    I contribute 6%(matching so total 12%) post-tax to my 401k
    I do not have a mortgage payment
    I do have student loan interest(pay about $3,000 in interest a year)
    I had $4,200 in medical expenses AFTER deductible/company paid their share
    I live in California
    I do not drive an electric car
    I have not inherited any asset this year
    My investment returns are at about $9,000-$10,500 this year
    I have contributed(with receipt/credentials) $7,650 to charities this year
    I am single, and have zero dependents.

SIL

5. Major

Major Member

Uhhh, the bill is not on the way to being signed into law. Neither the bill that passed the House or the Senate will become law. You do know basic civics, right?

6. prohibido

prohibido Member

He knows as much about civics as he knows about economics.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ah... let the Trump supporters have their safe space.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Damn, people are really r****ded.

peleincubus and ThatBoyNick like this.
  9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You are kidding, right? I mean, I ask again, you are kidding, right? You think it's wrong that we have been bashing President Trump for being a complete jackass? We resist him because... again, I prefer not to do this, but we have no choice but to verbally bash you over the head with this:

Donald Trump has acted like a bullying, prejudiced, insulting, utter jackass for the past 2 years.

How embarrassing for you- you're trying to justify all his asinine behavior based on one legislative victory? GTFOOH with that utter nonsense. It'd be one thing if you said that about those of us who were criticizing him SPECIFICALLY AND ONLY for this particular matter, but what you actually have the audacity to suggest is that, because we have most justifiably criticized him for NUMEROUS reasons, that we should give extra money based on this?

OK, Pennywise.

10. Aceshigh7

Uhh. I know that with both versions being passed you guys no longer have a shot at killing it. So yes, it is on the way to being signed into law. I've read both bills and they aren't that far apart. There aren't going to be any controversial changes coming out of the conference committee.

11. dandorotik

I mean, I have to believe he's intoxicated. No one would utter something that completely stupid w/o chemicals being involved. He's pretty reasonable for conservatives as they go, so I'm going to give him a pass.

As far as the other poster goes, please see other thread. Mr. Height of Hypocrisy actually suggests that this inane thread should be a Sticky one. As if they would Sticky a thread that shows obvious bias- either Republican or Democrat. How stupid can you get? But you see, this is how some of them think.

You know, it's like they've been holding their Donald Trump wad in for the past year and a half, and as soon as they had the opportunity to release it, rather than depositing it in the proper place, they sprayed it all over the wall at everything. Amazing.

#11 dandorotik, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Standard wingnut tactic. So boring.

13. dandorotik

This is how utterly ridiculous this post is. Here's an example:

1. We criticize Trump for his comments about being able to "grab women by the p***y."

2. We "resist" him as a presidential candidate due to this.

3. Come December 2017, he and the Congress pass a tax reform bill.

4. We should resist him here, too, because we objected to his misogynistic comments.

I mean, you want to talk about stupid, that's like a ton of dumb right there. You could pick any one of 30 different examples to apply, and it would be the same.

Seriously, Aces, were you drinking during the Texans game or something?

You come off as being upset at those of us who have been resisting Trump. Do you think we just did this out of the blue? You have been reading the news for the past 300+ days, right? I'm being honest, because your post is utter rubbish.

#13 dandorotik, Dec 3, 2017
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It is 2017 and people are still using this term.

15. Aceshigh7

Your criticism has not been justifiable, for one thing. In less than a year, Trump has already shown himself to be the greatest president in my lifetime and he's had to do it while facing the most shameful amount of obstruction by members of both parties that I've ever witnessed. Who gives a **** if he's crass? If he's not a good speaker? If he sticks his foot in his mouth? Better to have an aloof president with our best interests at heart than a slick, well spoken jihadist like Obama. Notice how quickly ISIS was defeated once we stopped supplying Syrian islamist terrorists with weapons and funds?

I think you need to step out of your liberal bubble and realize that you are in the minority when it comes to your view of our president. It may not seem like it since social media and the liberal MSM make you believe that disdain for this president is near-universal, but you really are in the minority. Keep believing that most people share your views though. Don't forget all those polls showing HRC with a commanding lead.

As far as my recommendation, you're going to be allowed to keep more of your tax dollars due to a man you loath. If you had your way, he would not be president. You would be the definition of a hypocrite by benefiting from his tax cut. If you really wanted to put your money where your mouth is, you should not only remit to the US treasury your tax savings as a result of Trump, but you should also include an estimate of what you'd be paying in higher taxes were HRC to have gotten into office like you would have preferred.

16. dandorotik

BTW, why should this apply only to us who resist Trump? Do you not care about reducing the national debt? If so, what's stopping you from donating to it?

Rather than this pointless thread, why don't YOU put your money where your mouth is and contribute to reducing the debt? Just b/c you're not complaining about Trump doesn't mean that YOU can't contribute- if you care so much about the debt, how about going to that site and ponying up????

#16 dandorotik, Dec 3, 2017
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Most believable part of post.

body slam and RedRedemption like this.
  18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Senate bill is crap - even the Democrats couldn't bring themselves to increase the child tax credit and increase the corporate tax rate. It really does feel like a giveaway to the rich. The House bill felt different, it felt like there was something for everyone.

19. Aceshigh7

Um. Why? Because I voted for Trump. I voted for tax cuts. I voted for a president who's not going to double the national debt in 8 years.

I contributed to helping our national debt by voting in a president that has a ****ing clue.

20. dandorotik

OK, again, you're drunk or high if you think that President Trump has been the greatest President in our lifetime. I mean, seriously, get help.

Second, yes, it does absolutely ****ing matter what a President says. The jackass doesn't get a pass just b/c he's President. He's said and done things that would have gotten most CEOs and Presidents of companies FIRED. So, no, I'm not giving him a pass for being an ass.

As far as the liberal bubble goes, oh, we're clearly out of that. The man's approval ratings and numerous other indicators illustrate how much he is disliked- for good reason.

And you're wrong about the polls, as well. Most polls did NOT show Hillary Clinton with a commanding lead. Trump won fair and square, but it is a fact that he did not win the popular vote, and he won by a bare minimum in multiple states that gave him a considerable overall electoral victory.

But let's not kid ourselves and say he won decisively. This is not Reagan of 1980 or 1984, or Bush of 1988, or Clinton of 1996, or Obama both years. This is Clinton of 1992 (did not have a majority) or Bush of 2000 (did not win popular vote). Don't make it seem otherwise.

Which, of course, most of us don't care about and haven't since January of this year. The only people still b****ing about the election are.... well, that would be Trump.

peleincubus likes this.