1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Take-Two disrespects Hakeem in 2K16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The answer is to not give the 2K any more money

1 person likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In other words, unless you demonstrate your loyalty by investing your time on their forums (and help them with their ancillary ad revenues), they don't care about you.

3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

For sure! But, 2K is such a great bball sim. If it didn't exist, and we were just stuck with Live, that would be the worst thing ever. They are great about updating players, and making guys play like they do in real life (of course you can cheese, but they've done some serious work eliminating this). Added Goudelock and Beasley to the Rockets within 48 hours, and they've even updated Beasley's ratings since he's been playing so well. 2K isn't perfect, but they are getting pretty dang close.

Makes me miss NFL 2k5. I have no doubt that their NFL sim would be beating down Madden right now. Maybe one day the CBA, or whatever it is keeping them from making NFL games, will change.

4. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

Hey dachuda86,

I appreciate your feedback. We work hard to be the best true-to-life basketball sim on the market, and I think we do a pretty good job 99% of the time. But when there's a transcendent player who redefines how the game is played (like Olajuwon), it's a REALLY hard problem to solve. Unfortunately, bumping a few stats won't magically grant Hakeem all the rule exceptions he would need to actually play like the real-life Dream. And those rule exceptions are what made him so special. He blocked shots like a center in a speedy power forward's body with the handles and pick-pocketing ability of a guard. That, inherently, isn't very "sim." And if we weren't careful, Olajuwon would become so OP that the game itself isn't very fun anymore. Instead, it's predictable and exploitable: choose Olajuwon or you lose.

We're facing this with problem with Curry as well. Even with a 99 3PT rating, he still doesn't shoot as fast, or as far, as real life Steph Curry. But we're working on it.

I'll talk to the guys who work on historic gameplay and see if they have anything new. In the meantime, keep the feedback coming!

1 person likes this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

First of all, I appreciate the hard work Take 2 puts into their games, but... making Hakeem an OK blocked and at the same time ridiculously slow, isn't called for. Culling his block rating, obviously isn't called for. The guy was fast as a cat in real life and the best blocker in league history, so why not include that in the game? It won't make it impossible to counter. Pick Lakers Shaq, pick Ewing, Pick a big man that can counter it. Or find a new strategy and out play the Rockets with a killer offense like Goldenstate's (both classic and modern function really well, so props to 2k developers). That's the beauty of basketball and the older 2k games that got it right. The classics felt somewhat close to those that we remember. The players had their strengths and you got to have fun with your friends matching them up and trying all of the "what ifs" you had.

And there is a reason all of the players aren't all equal and there are varying stats. This argument of making it more competitive for the players and teams falls on its own face, because what you're saying is all of the players should be dumbed down so they can all compete with each other. So you want a player like Anthony Davis, to be competitive with Hakeem during his reign (I checked,apparently you do, becuse he has better speed and block ratings)?

So should all of the teams just be equal in order to make them even and not OP? That isn't basketball. Some players are OP. And as far a Curry is concerned, I appreciate people are working on it, but the truth is, he's definitely not the only one needing tweaking to make this game what it used to be. And just because a team has a star, you don't need to allow him to be hot the entire time. The team obviously isn't hot, if they aren't taking shots, and you just focus on containing the star player. Having "OP" players is part of the fun and challenge basketball fans want.

I am writing about this because I have been ballin' on 2k since '09, and now I see a huge step back and a disrespect to a legend which could definitely be tweaked easily by adjusting his block rating and his ability to move on the court.

You yourself said "He blocked shots like a center in a speedy power forward's body with the handles and pick-pocketing ability of a guard. That, inherently, isn't very 'sim.'" So making him something he is not, is that "sim?" Is that realistic?

Why don't you ask David Robsinson if he wanted Hakeem's stats lowered when he got bamboozled in the playoffs. I'm sure he would say yes. Ask Shaq after getting swept by Hakeem's Rockets in the finals if he wanted Hakeem's stats lowered? Ask Ewing and Stark after a hard, near-even battle in the finals, if they wanted Hakeem's speed and block taken down. I'm sure they would say yes at the time. But ask them today, and they will tell you Hakeem was the best PF/Center to play the game. They will tell you that not all players are equal and in basketball sometimes there are prolific players who change the game. It's not hard for 2k to adjust some of those stats since I've seen their special cards have higher stats than the actual play now roster players. Just adjust those, and you can easily come a lot closer to what those teams and players were like.

And, I say this with respect for everything Take 2 has done to try and make a good game, please don't tell me Hakeem needs to be less "OP." Because the argument goes against basketball. Hakeem, and legendary players like Jordan, Curry, Kobe, Lebron, and many others, can be considered OP.

Anyway, that's just basketball. Thanks for listening.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Some good watches for anyone wanting to learn more about the legend. The Dream.

Ask Shaq the No. 1? Dream without hesitation.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_By2-Z3tOms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hW4uXlRGAF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YTCRUseAVaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/APQt1Jb6hpA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mP8tr0zBTyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Go on Twitter and tweet this guy: https://twitter.com/2Kstauff

He's the roster guy now for NBA 2K. He's just some chump that started making rosters on Operation Sports and then started sucking up to people at 2K and got the job.

I've requested a few things from him regarding the rosters, and he's never once even bothered responding. Meanwhile, he'll do anything Cleveland or Golden State nut huggers request. It's pretty obnoxious.

In my opinion, he's pretty terrible at his job and intentionally screwed Hakeem. Based on what he posts, I think he really dislikes the Rockets.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm not thinking its wise to insult the guy on the Internet if you want his opinion to change. Anyway, I don't know the guy who does it, but man could Hakeem use an overhaul. Maybe our resident CF/TAKE 2 guy can go have a chat with the guy. Because Hakeem just really just trash in the game. He's a slug on court...

Guy is probably just overwhelmed with people saying the players aren't right. Especially the recent press about Curry being "not like Curry" but honestly really close (Take 2 is getting too much heat on Steph, I agree about that).

Also, I don't think he has some intentional hate against the Rockets, because there really isn't much reason to hate them. Unless you are talking about Howard, because he's a person who draws a lot of unwanted press. Either way, try to be civil toward this guy you don't really know. Maybe one day he can fix some of the problems. I remain optimistic. I think people on the development level care about the game. I can't speak for the boardroom, because in that respect I have doubts. But the ground level people, those are the people who can fix the game. I know they can do it, because in the past the players were much more like themselves.

1 person likes this.
  9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Maaaan... Shut Up.

Hakeem is damn near unstoppable on 2k. Stop looking at ratings and fire up the game. Learn how to actual play it and realize that it's not a mirror reflection of real life. Of course Dream doesn't move in the game like he moved in really life. What do you expect them to do, go back to the mid 90s and suit Dream with a sensor body suit to capture his moves?

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Lol. I totally disagree with you, but this made me laugh anyway

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I play all the time and the player moves slower than molasses in November. This was never a problem before. Why play game when the players are unnecessarily nerfed to where I don't feel like I'm playing anything close to the real players. You have to be out of your mind if you think Hakeem is even close enough. And take your tone down. This is a forum and people have a right to discuss. If you don't want to read it, don't. Block me if you want to in fact. You're blind if you think Hakeem is even close to the dominant force he was in past games and real life. My complaints are valid and I back them with the numbers and plenty of evidence. But you go on ahead and tell me to shut up. You go on and take this disrespect to Hakeem. You obviously don't have a history playing 2k games and you probably never even watched Hakeem in his prime. The fact that you just say shut up tells me you don't know anything about what's being discussed. Get off clutchfans if you think 2k actually pulled off Hakeem this year. Just get out and never come back.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Ok Dachuda, you're right. I'll get out and never come back. :( :grin:

Edit: But for real... This is obviously important to you, and more so than it is to me. So my bad for that post earlier, didn't mean to **** on your thread. We cool, breh? I don't need no enemies.

#32 HR Dept, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  13. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

And don't forget this one, which ironically was done by 2k. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beq7jjtrsV0

14. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I've known him for years from back on OS. I'll stand by my assessment.

15. Oz Rocket

Oz Rocket Member

This comment in the original link made me laugh

58 Lateral Quickness? John Starks will beg to difer

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

video games.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member