1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Take out your Rocket frustrations on Randy Moss

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobrek, Dec 5, 2001.

1. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

If you want to complain about how much money NFL player make, then do it. But, when you complain about them not working every day, that's a different story. Teachers have a lot of off-time too.

If you want to talk about both time and money, then I'd have to say actors work less often than NFL players, and are paid similarly.

My beef was you saying that NFL players "DON"T go to work every day like most people." That's obviously incorrect.

"That's all I have to say about that."
    -Forrest Gump

BTW, I loved Dr. Doom as well.

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Randy Moss may the most physically dominant player in the NFL, as far as size, speed and strength goes . . . well, when he doesn't have his head firmly wedged up his ass. It's been well documented that he takes off plays, ha anyone ever seen Cris Carter take off plays, or Jerry Rice?

I'm no fan of Keyshawn Johnson, because he has a big mouth, and he talks an aweful lot, mostly about himself, but dammit, at least he tries on every play.

As far as teammated getting angry at Moss - I can't count the number of times I've seen Carter on the sidelines ripping Moss a new one, while Moss calmy ignores him, and don't forget his being publicly called out by Todd Steussie for half-assing it in the NFC Championship game.

The guy is a great physical talent, he could be the best reciever ever, and even if he never improves, he's still a top echelon reciever -- but until he learns to get his head out of his ass, I don't think I would want him on my team.

3. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

And compare them three years ago when Moss's team only lost twice and Owens team was about the worst in the league. Nobody had complaints about Moss then. Point being, when you win, guys like Moss or Owens aren't a problem, but what about when you are losing?

It is interesting that Owens had problems with the coach even when the team was winning, that says even more IMO. I am sure it didn't help matters TO bobbled the Bears game away.

They are both great talents, but each has their problems. In the big picture and not overweighing this year alone (if you want ot go by record or stats, check their teams record since Moss has been in the league or Moss # of touchdowns), I would rather have Moss than TO. Of course I would rather have a young Jerry Rice, Sterling Sharp, Tim Brown or Micheal Irvin (on the field he was great and a great team guy) than either of these two.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

It is far from being <i>"obviously incorrect"</i>

Here is an excerpt from Rob Johnson's (Bills QB) diary:

Player diaries from AFC East training camps:

BUFFALO BILLS

Rob Johnson: During the offseason, I just worked out a bunch and lay around on the beach (at home in Southern California). You've got to workout a lot, so you feel good when you're lying around a bunch in the sun. I think you need a break to get away. You never get too far away from it though. The last couple of weeks though, you get out your playbook and the anticipation start to kick in. It's really good to be back.

Laying in the sun for 5 months is not working everyday!!!

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ditto.

I'm glad the damn Vikings SUCK! :mad:

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

The average NFL salary is a couple of hundred thousand. The average annual salary of a member of the Screen Actors Guild is less than $10,000. I would hardly call that similar pay.

And I don't think you know all that goes into being a professional actor, either.

7. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

If you're going to include every Tom-Dick-and-Harry actor, then you might as well include the XFL, CFL, WFL, and every other professional FL, there is out there. I'd bet that average would come down a little.

Oh, and when they are working out, they are working. It's part of their job.

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

You said "actors" in general and said "NFL players" specifically. So I was responding to that.