1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown on TNT, Shaq and Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 9, 2015.

1. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Again, maybe i didnt fully explaing myself in my original post but....

They lost to the Jazz in the playoffs the first two seasons with Barkley, yes. Though my point was about the year Barkley took his pay cut, 1998-1999, the lockout shortened season., when the Lakers beat the Rockets in the first round.

Again though, just my own speculation that Barkley agreed to take less money because, maybe there were bonuses that a team of Hakeem, Barkley and Pippen "could have" met, earning Barkley more money, but didnt. And, maybe he thought Les owed him that money anyway?

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

All of the analysts last night kept saying "the josh smith trade" .... It wasn't a trade bro??? No attempt at actually doing some valid research .. Some of Shaqs points were valid and Kenny has some too at times but Charles w no explanations?? Cmon man

On another note now changing my sig to f*#% Charles Barkley - B2B :grin:

3. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

It was a 2 million dollar and somce change free agent signing. lol

And as i said a lot earlier in this thread, Barkley at one time squandered 2.5 million at black jack in just hours.

2.5 millions lost in just hours at Black jack < Signing Josh Smith for slightly less

4. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I think halftime shows are useless, the only ones i like are when they show whats going on around the league. WE just watched the first half, we know what happened, i dont want to spend 2 minutes listening to your BS, then commercials, then back for 1 sentence, then commercials.

I vote for commercials all the way thru halftime and stop cutting to commercials for 20sec timeouts.

5. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

No sir, I am over 21, and I have the video for reference:

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SOK0mVRPfdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. j3i

j3i Member

Hit the nail on the head. There are serious contenders in today's NBA that have players with great post up games. Memphis, Golden State, San Antonio to name a few. However, they don't use them like they would have in the 90's and early 00's. Duncan and the Gasols operate in the high post to soften interior defense. David Lee is tertiary to Steph and Klay. The game has evolved. Shaq and Chuck haven't recognized that so they spout the same tired criticism every time we're on TNT.

7. rocketblood713

Who cares we don't need to confirm this we know Shaq and Barkley don't like the Rockets they are the leaders of the "I hate the Rockets club"

Was going to say add them to the list but they been on that list of people who hate us so IDGAF

8. JazzLakerHater

Shaq just doesn't understand that Dwight just isn't as talented as he was or Hakeem. Dwight on his best days in Orlando was no where close to Hakeem and Shaq. It wasn't because he wasn't trying, he just wasn't as gifted as those two were. Dwight just needs to focus on what he is great as, and that's being a great defender and rebounder.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We should be use to these two clowns hating on the Rockets. Best thing we can do is prove them wrong by winning the Championship.

10. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

Why would TNT waste time with the audience showing highlights about a vastly superior team dominating against the lowly Knicks. They're supposed to dominate them. Harden working over Jose Calderon is not exciting because it's expected. But what is shockingly clear is Howard's struggles against the likes of Cole Aldrich and company. That is an eye-opener that needs to be scrutinize and I have no problem with them pointing that out.

11. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

As much as I want to care and be upset I really couldn't give a s--t.

Fact of the matter is we have not proved anything as a unit. Go make it to conference finals better yet the nba finals and things might change. Until then I don't mind being ruled out or underdogs. None of that panel controls our destiny we do.

12. mockster

mockster Member

Shaq obviously hates dwight cuz he was his main comp long ago. N Barkley is sour because he sucks and couldn't contribute a ring with the rockets.

13. mockster

mockster Member

Very true.

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

We'll never get the national media love other teams get. Never have. si put a freaking soccer guy on their cover after the first championship because the Knicks did not win.

We few, we band of brothers, are on Rockets Island and when we win, it is even sweeter because of it.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Wasn't Barkley owe money by Houston? I remember reading a story about it or Barkley talking about it.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm actually not a fan of Les, but I doubt he would pull "under the table--" stuff. Isn't the NBA really really serious about that stuff?

17. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

I'm glad you brought up the fact that "what if Dwight never becomes a dominant offensive player" because while Shaq and Charles complained about this all night Kenny said the same thing. I also don't think Dwight has ever dominated the offense it's always been his D. Dwight needs to worry more on Rebounds, blocks, and put backs and let DMo get the low post touched. After all he does have a better touch than DH

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Um... there are strong allusions the Howard signing had under the table implications for Fegan regarding Parsons.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What I meant specifically was "money under the table." I think the Nets were actually investigated for that stuff earlier last year. By paying someone less on their payroll and giving them money outside of the NBA , you are evading the cap, which boils down to cheating.