1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac losing his drive to play?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Severe Rockets Fan, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I got this quote off another bbs that had a link I needed to sign up to use...which i didn't. Anyways here it is:

"Over the last five games, I've had some crazy thoughts, man," McGrady said. "I was thinking that after this year, I'm done with basketball." (WTF)

"Done with basketball, period."

'McGrady said he even had questioned whether he had lost his "passion for it. ... if I lost my love for the game. That's how frustrated I've been ...'

This is the link:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-spt-magicgamer110903,1,7649558.story?coll=orl-magic

He's seemed very lazy and bored out on the court the past few games. Almost like an "Oh god do I have to play AGAIN." attitude. It's sad to see someone as good as Mcgrady just lose his passion for the game.

Also, did that whosnumber1 loser get banned or does he just not want to show up after the magic's horrible start? I'd like to hear what loserboy has to say about the guy 'we'd trade our whole crappy team for' (Mcgrady). LOL.

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

i think on orlandos recent visit, tmac and eddie g had a guys night out. these two need to revisit the scarecrow in the wizard of oz and try and figure out how to get heart.

3. spaceboy

spaceboy Member

yup, I noticed it too. Both in the Wolves and Rockets games, T-mac just didn't seem like he cared.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yeah, he needs a change...of scenery...Welcome to Houston, TMac!!!

5. kryten128

kryten128 Member

He never really looked like he cared in the first place. He's got those laaaazy eyes. So lazy...

6. ymc

ymc Member

Yeah. Do you guys know people with lazy eyes can only use one eye each time? That explains why he has the dead eye shooting touch. :coo:

7. Remix

Remix Member

Yea, laughing it up and similing when your team is down by 25 isnt a good sign.

8. tozai

tozai Member

I hope he doesn't quit. He was a fun player to watch. Maybe Rivers can show them a tape of the last few years (2 yrs. ago he carried them into the playoffs) and find some way to motivate him.

Don't become a damn pitcher for the Yankees.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

He should pull a Cedric Ceballos and just play hookie for a few days.

10. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Yep, he's better than Kobe.

:rolleyes:

T-Mac is easily the most overrated player in the NBA. Can't ever win a playoff series in the East, and now he doesn't give a rat's @ss about playing the game that has landed him his adidas commercials and his big house.

I guess when some people are set for life financially, they have no motivation to work or do anything.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Well that just makes him look like he's got down syndrome, not laziness

12. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

wow, how can somebody so young be burnt out? :confused:

13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Read : Eddie Griffin ;)

14. x_trepidation_x

Tmac has so much talent. The problem is that the money has spoiled him. Regardless he should be ready to compete every night.

Tmac might also have lost interest because he plans to opt out of his contract after next season. Which is a very high probability. Perhaps also, Tmac is not playing hard because he wants Orlando to trade him this year to another team. Imagine the number of treams who would trade their star player for Tmac.

I'm sure Rockets would be one of those teams who would be interested in such a trade. Can you imagine Yao Ming and Tracy playing together? This is a likely possibility considering Orlando doesn't want to just loose Tmac for nothing in return and Steve would easily be the 1st option on a lesser team in Orlando.

That would be an amazing trade for both parties... Houston would get the star player who can compliment Yao and Orlando would get an all-star point guard who doesn't mind being the best player on a mediocre team.

15. MrNBATrophy

MrNBATrophy Member

If you think T-mac will ever be on the rockets...Then your nuts.
    Tmac Overratted? I think when you lead the league in scoring. And are a ALL STAR player who carrys a team of nobodys to the playoffs every year. Your not overratted at all. Shows what you know.
    T-mac will turn this around, he's slumping because of added muscle, and he doesn't know where he fits in with all the new guys. Trust me , this will all change VERY soon.

16. tozai

tozai Member

LMAO...maybe there should be an entrance exam for the BBS.

17. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

I've seen T-Mac play a few times this year, and he has not looked good. Settling for outside jumpshots, not running the floor, tossing up junk, etc.

Either his back is bothering him more than he's letting on, or he's just lost the fire. If I'm a Magic fan, I'd hope it's the former.

18. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

I think it may very well be his back. Perhaps he played "too aggresively" his first few years in Orl?

If he had Hill, maybe he would be in much better condition.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lost elephant the scarecrow didnt have brains, but on that note Eddie could probably use a visit with the lion, tinman, and the scarcrow.

hell even dorthy that way he could find his way home...

20. JamesC

JamesC Member

I think its cause he's poured so much into his team. Remember a few years ago when he basically went 1 on 5 against the Milwaukee Bucks the year they went to the conference finals? He just dosent have consistant help on an everynight basis. He's done all he can possibly do as an individual and he's spent. I do think he'll be alright though. He's just venting.