1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Syria] US Troop Withdraw

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 19, 2018.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Obviously you werent here for the bush era

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! Okay, then you don't have a clue and admit and you don't care about the details of actual policy, I'll talk with folks that are interested in how decisions are actually made and what is involved in the national affairs.

You must have been very excited to type the quoted response above. I don't think the topic here is all that exciting, but you go for it.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you bringing race into the discussion? I didn't mention race at all. You can be as sensitive and brittle as you like, but if there's a way to ease up on it a bit you might end up being a more happy person. That's just my guess.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have way more of a clue than you apparently becuse you somehow think war is just in a place that posed no immediate threat. I know plenty about the details of this war and enough to not care about petty details. You do not like the results because Trump made the call and you are a partisan who gets his opinions from think pieces in mainstream outlets.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I know someone else that didn't like Trump's decision either.

FranchiseBlade and arkoe like this.
  6. biff17

biff17 Member

Troops were sent to fight alongside Isis?

you really have no clue.

7. biff17

biff17 Member

if you think the U.S. Was fighting Syria you really don't have a clue.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

For comparison, from the time Obama made his Iraq troop-withdraw notice to the time they were withdrawn, it was 2 months. It also involved 10,000 soldiers.

We know why you really hate Trump.

MiddleMan likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why does Mattis hate Trump?

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

anyone resign after his decision?

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Nope. But he did end up sending troops back. I guess that was never a campaign promise.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

like having mexico pay for the wall and draining the swamp?

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Still waiting for Hilary to be put behind bars.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

These pentagon types need wars to justify their large programs and budgets.

Plus some people actually enjoy war. Sick I know.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You act like you know my news sources. I live in the middle east near this crap and read a broad spectrum of news sources. Get your facts straight before you run your mouth. Reuters is actually one of the best main stream sources you can get actually, so I am not sure why you are griping. How about you go live amongst the displaced and tell me how great bombing their cities everyday for years worked out. Then tell me about my sources. I follow this everyday across many sources because it is important to follow this sort of thing when it sits on your doorstep and know the nuances beyond plebs like you. I think my years of constant following far surpass your casual interest that gets brought up now and again because now it is vogue and a chance to hate on Dorito Hitler. If you did follow it and have an actual clue on what is going on, you would be celebrating a pull out of Syria.

#97 dachuda86, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. WNBA

WNBA Member

thats what happened there.
    isis were getting stronger and stronger during the years while us troops were there. both were on the same side of against assad.

20. Senator

Senator Member

Again, instead of posting tweets from a bunch of useless journalists, what is your specific opinion on the subject?

Syria are brutal and undiplomatic when dealing with guerilla enemies. This is best for dealing with ISIS. Assad is a terrorist himself, but in general, dictatorships are what works in the Middle East. Stricter governments trend towards places without an abundance of diverse streams of revenue like Europe and N America.

US foreign policy is shifting to tighter border control and less military presence overseas, Trump did what was inevitable. The Middle East has to learn to govern itself or be further cut off from engaging with the rest of the world.

dachuda86 likes this.