1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Surrogate offered $10,000 to abort baby

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

The Burger King comment was after a TON of nonsense from the woman and her family. My friend is not looking to be an ahole. If you work in a job where you constantly have to deal with jerks who think they have authority in every situation, you would understand. If you're in the hospital and you're yelling at a doctor, cornering him in a room screaming about what is going to happen, be prepared to be put in your place by the doctor.

And it's not a slippery slope here. Preventing a brain dead child with heart disease from being born or refusing a procedure on 90 year old will not lead to Nazi-style euthanasia.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

According to the article this baby had a 25% chance of having a "normal life."
    Would you still kill it if it had a 25% chance of surviving?

3. Baba Booey

The baby had a 25% chance of living a normal life as far as a cleft palate, a cyst in the brain and heart disease are concerned. There was a zero percent chance of this baby being born healthy.

4. Baba Booey

And to directly answer your question...I would have aborted this child in a heartbeat.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Every job people deal with jerks. We all want to say those things sometimes. Most of us just choose not to.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I probably would too. Sounds inhuman and cruel, but with those odds, I rather try again.

I'd stop if it were to happen again. It's not something I'd forget either.

I've seen my dad pass away while racking up a half a million in hospital bills. EOL care is mentally brutal for everyone, possibly painful for the struggling patient and really really expensive. I'd rather let the morphine flow and be over it than trying to eek out of a few more ounces of life within my failing body.

That's just me though...

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its almost cruel to bring that baby into the world.