1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 19, 2014.

?

Seahawks or Broncos?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2014.
  1. Seahawks

47.9%
  2. Broncos

52.1%
  1. cardpire

cardpire Member

and next year may be a repeat.

crazy thing is denver has a way better chance to be back.

nfc is stacked. afc is complete ****e.

peyton is now the roger federer of football. going to play 2-3 more seasons hoping that a handle-able opponent slips through the cracks to play in the championship for one final ring.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's VERY unlikely that Manning makes it that many more seasons.

3. AB423

AB423 Member

Some guy I know bet that the first score of the game would be a Seattle safety... He bet $25 and won $1000 bucks lol

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

2? I disagree. He's on the best team (by default, but still good) in a cupcake conference.

He just had the best season in QB history, and made it to the Super Bowl. Unless his medical tests tell him to retire this offseason, I'd bet heavy on over 1.5 more seasons.

No QB has ever retired with their game at the level his currently is at.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thoughts on the game:
    At the conclusion of the last game, I knew the winner of the NFC would beat the AFC champs...Just the way the game went in Seattle told me a lot about the resiliency of a young seattle team. Secondly, after scoring 3 points in the first half of the SF game, the Seahawks exploded for 20+. The Seahawks were lucky to get away from the 49ers, bc they had zero answer for Colin Kaep on the ground. Infact that game, the 49ers went to the air a bit too much. And if it werent for a terrific play by Sherman, the 49ers mightve just won. All that being said, the level of competition was very evident and its time for the rest of the NFL GMs to take notice and restack teams. The Seahawks have young talent and a great system. If a guy goes down, they have someone ready to go.

The key to this destruction was to know that the Seahawks offense found a rhythm and success, and that the denver defense had a hard time stopping any offense. Prior to the matchup, I believed the key at analyzing the team was to see how each offense would fair against the opposing defense. And like clockwork, the Broncos werent able to do much of anything in their first three drives. The result was a 22-0 beatdown after the first half.

Infact, i was thinking after a 45 minute game break and after getting your a$$ handed in the first half, the Broncos shouldve tried for an onside kick. Wouldve totally caught the seahawks offguard, and mightve triggered a chance at making the game respectable. Regardless...Russell wilson, the entire secondary and great game performance by the dline helped secure the Seahawks' first NFL title.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

peyton manning isn't the problem. the problem is manning is denver's offense and defense.

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Dumb comment. Congrats to Seahawks.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My only thought on the game:

Yeah, Peyton was pressured all night, and the Seattle defense played exceptionally. But Peyton, in a way, almost looked like his neck is bothering him again. His throws had nothing on them, and when he threw deep, he seemed to just be putting everything in his throw, and throwing in a general direction, hoping it'd come close. They never did, though. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

9. dragician

dragician Member

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He just played poorly. It's as simple as that. Denver sucked all facets, and had some bad breaks.

11. CarlosMencia

CarlosMencia Member

Does anyone have the video of the 9/11 conspiracy guy interrupting the post game interviews??

[​IMG]

12. dragician

dragician Member

The story of the night,

Manning pulled a classic Schaub play in the early minute of the game...

13. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Excuses..Those plays happen in the 2nd half when they were already down 22 pts.. The GREATEST offensive team statistically had ZERO points in the first half. First INT was all on manning and was a horrible throw..

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Great performance by the Seahawks. Man that defence is just all-around amazing. Even when Manning was completing his passes, the guy would get took down a mili-second after the catch.
    The Seahawks were definitely more hungry and stayed hungry throughout the hole game.

Also, I'm not a Bruno Mars fan, but his half-time show made him go up in my estime. Great show.

Can't imagine how great that game had to be for a Seattle fan attending. Can only wish the Texans get there one day so I can fly out and see it.

1 person likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It can't be said enough: really disciplined textbook tackling.

To me (and I only watched the first half), the two stories of the game were:
    * line of scrimmage (big Seattle dominance and led to both INTs)
    * tackling (big Seattle dominance, and it removed ALL yards after catch from Denver's 4-yard passes.)

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Absolutely. It took a toll on Denver, knowing that even if you complete the catch, your probably not going to gain any yards.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a shame Denver crapped the bed. It would have been nice to have seen both teams play to their potential rather than just seattle. I felt the seahawks would win but was hoping the broncos would pull it off. I wish it would have at least been close though...it was pretty depressing and I didn't even bother to watch the 4th quarter.

It was amazing that the first play of the game really did dictate the entire game and it was pretty much over from there.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It was the biggest curb-stomping of a game I can remember in the Super Bowl.

Just totally one-sided from the first snap on. It sucks that Denver played their worst game of the year during the Super Bowl.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I had a feeling Seattle's defense was going to shut down Denver's offense. Seattle might as well have been playing the Cowboys out there because it looked like a Cowboys game.

I thought the game was just horrible from an entertainment perspective because it was basically over at or before halftime. It wasn't competitive at all. I had more fun watching some of the Puppy Bowl.

I don't want to watch a team get blown out in the Super Bowl personally. Where is the fun in that? I want a competitive game.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

It's clear that Seattle and SF were the top two teams in the NFL this year with Broncos and Saints a distant 3rd and 4th.