1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl XLV - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Jan 23, 2011.

?

Who will win?

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

44.4%
  2. Green Bay Packers

55.6%
  1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

How is it ridiculous? Rodgers did everything he could do. He was putting the ball right on the money. By rough estimate, I'd say there were at least 4 GB drops on perfect passes, that would have added 80+ yds and a TD to AR's stat line. This was with basically no running game, and against the #1 defense in the NFL.

Anyway, even with the drops Rodgers joins Joe Montana and Steve Young as the only other QBs in Super Bowl history to throw for 300+ yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs in a winning effort.

Salty grits.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

aaron rodger's statline would have been historic if his receivers didn't drop a bunch of perfect throws, that could have led to TDs.

he's a generational QB

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rodgers is so damn accurate and mobile when he needs to be.

Just an all around stud.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

great win by the packers!

so everybody thought that because the packers didnt have experience because had like only 2 players in the superbowl before, they were going to lose, but it seemed in the first quarter that the steelers were the one without experience.

I thought the packers were going to lose without Woodson in the game.

Matthews played better than Polamalu, and Harrison was missing too.

and the people who says Manning had a bad year, because of the injuries to his receivers, look what Rodgers did, with all the injuries to the packers during the season and in the superbowl.

and to some here that saying Jennings should win the MVP are wrong, even that was a WR playing better than him. So I think Rodgers, won the MVP fair.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl.
    As he sat down, he noticed that the seat next to him was empty.
    He asked the man on the other side of the empty seat whether anyone was sitting there.
    "No," the man replied, "The seat is empty."
    "This is incredible," said the first man.
    "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event in the world and not use it?"
    The second man replied, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away.
    This will be the first Super bowl we haven't been together since we got married in 1967."
    "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else -- a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"
    The man shook his head. "No, they're all at the funeral."

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

everybody thought the packers would lose, yet they were favored from the start? :confused:

I thought the steelers would lose without Pouncey. One of us was right. :grin:

Mathews played better than Polamalu, but Polamalu was still limping. Grats?
    Mathews wasn't much of factor vs. a ***tty offensive that constantly had people in and out throughout the game. Are the GB receivers ***tty? (well, after this game... yeah, they seemed to be a little bit ***tty :p )

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

ok yeah, I expressed bad in that one what I meant was that I heard a lot in the media, that experience would be a decisive factor, especially in the first qtr.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I hope that means Houston gets another Superbowl, soon. I thought Houston was better prepared than Dallas in every way.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

The Packers abandoned the run, as we should have expected, and the Steelers were actually effective on the ground... but Ben's mistakes and the Steeler Pass D put them in a position where they couldn't run as much as they wanted to.

And Rodgers did shred them, despite having about 9 billion passes dropped.

In the end it came down to who was the better quarterback, and that without a doubt is Aaron Rodgers... whom I think just firmly kicked Big Ben's ass out of the top 5 for good... which now consists of himself, Manning, Brady, Rivers, and Brees.

How can you not love this guy?

[​IMG]

13. GRENDEL

He'd be more likable, for me at least, if he stopped doing that stupid title belt thing....

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Good game. At times sloppy, but that made it seem more intense to me, albeit aggravating as a packers fan (catch the damn ball guys!).

Still I can't complain. Fun game to watch and my team won. Got about 100 drunken text messages from my family in Wisconsin and transplants.

15. tigereye

tigereye Member

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Eh, it's a goofy, harmless thing ripped from the WWE... goes pretty much with his personality, quirky, irreverent, not taking himself too seriously... it's not like it is some grand, operatic, self-serving publicity stunt that we saw *far* too much of in the 2000s.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No doubt Houston had its act together in a much better fashion.

Dallas had a chance to OWN this Super Bowl, and virtually guarantee them a spot in the regular rotation. With that stadium, this should have been a slam dunk. The only thing that could have ruined it for them was NOT BEING PREPARED... which showed in every which way.

Granted, nobody was expecting the weather to be as bad as it was... but they had virtually zero contingency plan in place to deal with it. Nothing to clear the roads, nothing to take care of the ice, nothing to prepare for ice falling off the roof that almost killed people.

Due to the "location" of this Super Bowl (ie - it being super spread out between three different metro areas), transportation was a key component... I hear there was also a taxi cab strike.

But to top it all off, to not have actual seats in the stadium installed and deemed safe until the MORNING of the game, thereby causing a terrible situation for all those fans who dropped a bunch of savings to travel down... is inexcusable.

I don't care if Houston ever sees the Super Bowl again... but Dallas had a chance to score a TD, and they dropped the ball at the 1 yard line.

18. GRENDEL

The seat thing is a massive failure on the NFL and Jerry Jones, just really don't know how they could have screwed it up that bad.

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So the question is: When does the superbowl come back to Houston???

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Besides the seating fiasco what else did they mess up? And has something like the seating issue ever happened before?