1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 7, 2021.

?

Super Bowl LV: Chiefs vs. Bucs

Poll closed Feb 7, 2021.
  1. Chiefs

70.0%
  2. Bucs

30.0%
  1. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Outside of the games against the bucs, chiefs/packers/saints all allowed less points per game in playoffs than bucs.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, Brady played fine. Brady didn't stretch the field much but was 21-of-29 passing for 201 yards and three touchdowns. He was sacked just once in the game (some of that was his very quick release, some of it was his line).

But compare those stats with how the defense played....it's pretty clear what won the game for them.

I'm not trying to cast shade on Brady...what he did over the year was incredible, and throughout the playoffs. But for that game, what was the real difference maker? The Bucs D. That's all I'm sayin'.

Icehouse and ferrari77 like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

likestohypeguy likes this.
  5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure I watched a good amount of the Bucs this season thanks to TB12 being there, thanks for asking.
    Nope, I'm not looking at merely stats because if you look at Toms stats he was frigging terrific. Your analysis as to that is just weird bordering on ridiculous. How would one look at 21/29 for 201 yards, 3tds 0ints and a 125.8 passer rating and conclude said QB with those stats was garbage? Make it make sense. Obviously I'm looking beyond the numbers. I didn't say Jared Goff or any other QB would have similar stats as Brady did on Sunday. I said they would come out on top/win that game on Sunday as well with the way the defense was playing. Not sure how one could even argue that but go ahead.

Once again I see you also missed the part where Jared Goff was playing the Patriots defense NOT the KC Chiefs defense. Even the Chiefs defense that season had more talent on the edges than it did on Sunday..AT EVERY position on that defense. From the interior dline to the edge rushers(Dee Clark and Justin Houston) to the ILBs to the secondary. The only player on the Chiefs defense on Sunday that would start on that Chiefs defense from 2018/19 would be Tyrann...again.

So once again are you hearing/reading what you're arguing against? How is it even an argument? I'll reiterate, Brady was good. The Bucs defense was great and they'd gotten progressively better in the playoffs (as Devin White returned and Vita got more comfortable after his return from injury). The Chiefs defense was poor on Sunday and full of middling talent that couldn't compensate for when the offense struggled. Any capable starter in the league such as Goff or Stafford would have ended up with the Lombardi as well. That takes nothing away from Brady playing better than any 43 year old QB could imagine playing. Fin.

6. ferrari77

Yessir.
    I think it's even more important to discuss why the f the family had to setup a gofundme to cover hospital bills when Andy Reid/Britt should have reached out quietly (doesn't appear they did) and let them know they are taking care of it...even as things get investigated. Perhaps any Clutchfans lawyer can fill us in. I don't think them taking care of the hospital bills is affected by likely liability is it? If so then perhaps the Chiefs/Clark Hunt should have stepped up to take care of it. Fans around the league, even KC fans and just people in general shouldn't have to help this family cover their bills(as generous and great as it is to see happening-the beauty of people) when the team worth over a billion and the multi millionaire coach and his son who is most likely earning upwards of 300k a year do nothing. It's not a good look.

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. ferrari77

8. PhiSlammaJamma

The offense put up 31 points, and was half a yard from 38. That is great. They played just as well as the defense.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

False. The D set records while playing one of the best offenses in the game and a transcendent QB. They held KC to NINE points.

Brady wasn’t the driver this game. It’s ok. He’s still the goat.

ferrari77 likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

You literally said Andy Dalton and Jared Goff would have won the super bowl with this Bucs team.

There is nothing else to say at this point. That claim is so ridiculous and stupid that it’s a waste of my time to continue this discussion with you.

12. ferrari77

Did I deny saying that or did I stutter/delete my words? Did I move any goalposts? Pretty sure I didn't. Otherwise not really sure why you would restate what I literally said when I didn't deny that and I stand by that. So your point being?? Comprehension seems to be an issue for you. I'll say this one last time so hopefully you read each word properly.

I. did. not. say. Goff.or. Dalton.or.any.other.QB. would. put. up.similar.numbers. as.Brady. did. I.stated. Goff. or.Dalton. would.have.come.out.on.top.as.well.and.won.that.game.with.the.Bucs.defense.just.like.Brady. did.

I see you didn't have a counter to my point about the defense being faced by Brady and the Bucs offense and the defense Goff faced in 2019. Facts hit right I guess. Nevertheless maybe it's best when one can't counter an accurate point to call things ridiculous and stupid and keep it moving.

Feel free to end the discussion as I couldn't care less either way. You wanna pick it up, let me know. You don't, then keep it moving chief.
    I said what I said.

13. ferrari77

14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Here is the issue I have when someone has this opinion that QB X could have done the same thing......TB12 brought a mental toughness to the Bucs that Goff or Dalton never had, so you don't know if the team would have reacted the same way. Its the Lebron factor, everywhere he goes he brings a culture and attitude to the team that it did not have prior to him arriving or after he has left. Yes, the Bucs D was AWESOME (shout out to to my Nebraska Husker Lavonte David) but I think TB12 brings a winning culture wherever he goes that the Goff`s of the world simply do not have, it infects the entire organization, and yes its due to this winning mentality that he can call up guys like AB and Gronk and bring them in to a team with a simple phone call.......people want to win and flock to him. Lebron has the same charisma

ferrari77 likes this.
  15. likestohypeguy

Yeah that is extreme, to assume goff & dalton could have done the same.

Maaaybe eli

STR8Thugg likes this.
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

The news of him going to have surgery was already public news before the SB

ferrari77 likes this.
  18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'm restating it because I wanted to reiterate how moronic that statement is.

Again, if you actually believe that then there is nothing else to discuss. I'm not going to argue with stupidity or a baseless hypothetical you have no way of proving.

19. ferrari77

Sounds great bud. A hypothetical I have no way of proving and you have no way of disproving. I guess that's how these things work sometimes..who would guess that? I see you still bypassed the response to your silly Goff vs the Patriots defense comment. Probably a good idea to focus elsewhere.
    Keep it moving.

20. ferrari77

I get exactly what you're saying and I said as much earlier. The Bucs do not get to that Super Bowl without Tom Brady. Brady didn't have a great playoff run (stats wise until the SB) compared to certain other QBs. But he did what had to be done and got his team to the Super Bowl and won it. Jared Goff or Andy Dalton would not have got that Bucs team to the Super Bowl. They don't have IT. They don't have the character, will, confidence that Brady imparts on a team. Or the championships and experience to afford him the gravitas to yell at teammates when needed...whether it be on offense or defense. The Bucs had a good defense last year but a QB that they sure as heck were not going anywhere with. Brady changed the mentality of that offense. He brings things to a team that one can't quantify. That's why he is without question the GOAT. My point was merely that specific game. The Bucs were not going to lose that game with the difference in the trenches and what Todd Bowles did. They just were not. But they would not get there without Brady.

I read that there was a film crew following him this season and I can't wait to watch what they put out. Just his routine, the things he said to the team throughout the season. Even his Super Bowl speech that the players said he gave. It should be great.