1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl 50: Carolina Panthers vs. Denver Broncos

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 24, 2016.

?

Super Bowl 50: Carolina or Denver?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2016.
  1. Carolina

80.9%
  2. Denver

19.1%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I am surprised that I am the only one who doesn't seem to care much about an emotional 26 year old being pissed off an hour after losing the biggest game of his life.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://blackandbluereview.com/video-cam-newton-responds-to-post-super-bowl-criticism/

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cam Newton thinks he made history on Sunday by becoming the first player to lose in the Super Bowl. And he's more upset than anyone...ever.</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/697100213098520576">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's always the guys that celebrate the hardest that act like the biggest babies when they lose.</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/697100655106908160">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I mean if you look as the best case scenario you have a David Robinson situation. And that poor guy has to watch the clip of his press conference over and over again about how he thought he actually played pretty good defense on Dream. And that's where his dignity got 'em. Rocket fans eat it up. You know you ( me too ) do. It didn't add a lot of respect for David, it only fueled our love of Dream. And you know that has to eat David Robinson up every time he see's it. He's a competitor.

He's facing now character assassination. The question will be does he care? His business image is recoverable, but will take a short term hit. His personal image will take a long term hit until he has a chance to redeem. But he has to ask himself, do I care. On one end of the stick if you care how people are judging you then you are living wrong, but on the other end of the stick if everyone is telling you what u did wrong, you'd better hear that too before you spiral. It's a god damn fine line u have to walk. And he chose his initial path. It will be interesting to see the path he walks from here on out and where it leads if not other reason than social experiment.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't care, but I understand that it's a bad look. While I'm sure there's a racial element to it (as in everything), there's also a lot of valid reasons to be annoyed with Cam over the years: dad money shenanigans at Auburn, Cam stealing laptops from students at Auburn, and the bad attitude he's shown over the years in Carolina. If he becomes more self-aware and mature, this stuff will die down.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I was wrong at this time, but underdogs normally win the super bowl in recent years.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As for not diving on the fumble, Cam says he would've had to contort his his leg in a certain angle to do so. ...thereby risking injury</p>— Joe Person (@josephperson) <a href="https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/697084451063468032">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cam: I'm on record as being a sore loser. I hate losing. You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser</p>— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) <a href="https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/697082978053165056">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps, but did they do it any differently than they have in the past? I mean, it sucks to have to sit there and let the people who just beat you gloat about it, but it also sucks to have to sit there while some ******* gloats in the end zone with a 20 minute long dance routine after he beat your defense but they are expected to put up with it.

Honestly I don't think this would be as big a deal if he wasn't such a showboater with a "You don't like seeing me dance, keep me out of the end zone" attitude. Honestly I'm all for that attitude so long as when someone else is doing it you take that same attitude and just deal with it rather than being a baby about it.

Like I said above, I think the reason it's a big deal is because of how much of a showboater he was all season. When you are that kind of player, you can't be a baby about it when others gloat about success. If he was a more reserved guy, I think it would be less of an issue.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cam needs to learn from Tony Romo about how to suck it up and lose with integrity. LOL! Learn from a professional loser.

"That's my quarterback!!!" - T.O. ... Oh boo hoo! Give them cameras and reporters some tears...that's what they want.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, I'd agree with this.

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Cams probably going to fizz out like KD, like Ronda Rousey

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The ole double standard.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/FireChrisChase">@FireChrisChase</a> This you? <a href="https://t.co/x0CzZy5RMC">pic.twitter.com/x0CzZy5RMC</a></p>&mdash; Ian Karmel (@IanKarmel) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanKarmel/status/696743784529276928">February 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Why? The criticism couldn't be more unwarranted. His endzone dance and Superman are just celebrations, which most players do (after sacks, TDs, 1st downs, long returns, etc). He wasn't out there talking trash about the Broncos.

He was unhappy, which is what we as fans want. We want our athletes to be as upset as we are about losing.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Damn people coming out of the woodwork to pile on this loss...

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And the answer the Broncos player gave was just an honest answer to the question, but it made Scam butt hurt.

In reality, the dancing nonsense is gloating, so was the answer the Broncos player gave. If you are going to dish out, you have to be able to take it or you are just a chump.

Does it hurt Scam's feelings that the gameplan that totally shut his team down was to make him throw the ball because the Broncos weren't afraid of him being an actual QB? Probably, but if he doesn't like that, he should have played better.....just like if teams don't like him dancing in the end zone, they should stop him from getting in there.

15. juicystream

Did he attack any player? No. Did he say the Broncos shouldn't go out and have a good time? No. Nothing he did was really wrong, and not a double standard. He's going to enjoy winning and hate losing, and he expects everyone else to feel the same way.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He actually told other players in a press conference "if you don't like it then stop me". So I think it's weak for him to get all pouty when he can hear one talk about doing just that, especially when I'm watching commercials talking about no bandaides for feelings.

Dude admits he's a sore loser. If you can stunt when it's good don't run and pout when it's bad.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

And? Denver's defense still dominated and was the primary reason for most of why Carolina was awful. That's the point. But people keep wanting to make it seem like Carolina caused their own mistakes and is the reason why they didn't win which is not even close to the truth.

18. juicystream

And they did, and he didn't celebrate did he? I don't get why it bothers anybody. He didn't ask the Broncos player to shut up.

It was, but you asked why people think Carolina caused its own mistakes, and it is because they did cause a lot of them. Carolina played terrible, and Denver's D (particularly the Front 7) played very well. A dropped pass by Cotchery directly contributed to Denver's first TD. Their missed FG took 3 points. Their Special Teams debacle gave Denver 3 more points. Carolina could have won this game even with Cam getting hammered if they hadn't made so many mistakes just because of how good their own defense was playing.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It is the other side of the same coin. Dance in your face then play the victim. Pout and cry then play the victim.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

How do you know that Denver wouldn't have scored anyway even if Cotchery catches that ball? Point is Denver created that mistake to lead to that first TD. Even without their own mistakes, I firmly believe Carolina wouldn't have won because of all the pressure and forced turnovers that Denver's defense created. They won this game, plain and simple and there was nothing Carolina could do about that.