1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl 50: Carolina Panthers vs. Denver Broncos

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 24, 2016.

?

Super Bowl 50: Carolina or Denver?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2016.
  1. Carolina

80.9%
  2. Denver

19.1%
  1. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I live here in NC so my thoughts.

Denver played a perfect defensive game, they made the right adjustments for the game and they gave Cam no room to operate. Really everything that made Carolina weak happend this game. No Kelvin Benjamin, Vanilla-O, and injuries hit them through out the game. So they just fell apart in the biggest game of the season so it happens.

I will say tho the Refs missed some calls for Carolina that really shifted the momentum in Denvers favor not sure how much of a impact this had on the overall game, but yea the Zebras did their magic.

The offense layed an egg, while their D tried their best,but ultimately if Carolina where going to win the offense HAD to put points on the board.

but overall the better team won that night. Cam had no chance of getting anything going(at least on the ground).

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thomas Davis' (previously) broken arm

GRAPHIC photo

No, really.

It looks like a football

[​IMG]

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The only controversy was Talib should've been ejected for his personal foul. He nearly ripped the receiver's head off, and it was only a penalty of 1 yard or less. If he's out of the game, maybe it soften's Denver's secondary up, and Talib doesn't get to be offsides to pressure Gano's missed FG. Not sure why Talib's dirty plays aren't getting more attention.

Cotchery's challenged catch was incomplete. The nose of the ball hit the ground as Cotchery hit the ground and he did not maintain control as he rolled over.

The defenses controlled the game. It was a great defensive stand by Denver, and Carolina had a bend/don't break approach. Manning is washed up and paired with Kubiak's conservative calling, the Denver offense was terrible outside of one drive. On the other hand, Carolina dropped passes, Cam airmailed a lot of them, fumbles by RBs and Denver's pass rush wrecking Carolina's offensive line doomed Carolina's offense.

4. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Talib being sent off would have been huge since it was early in the game. The catch, it seemed every announcer and the former ref agreed it should be overruled and be considered a catch. I actually didnt see a replay where the ball did touch the ground so if you got one I would like to see it.

I also think on the Gano kick attempt, a replay showed Talib "could" have been in the neutral zone.(He might have timed it perfectly, but im not sure).

Either way Carolinas offense and TO's cost them the game.

anyone got any "real" reason why the media hates Cam?

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In all my years watching football, I do not recall a more egregious facemark than that one. To completely turn the guys head and then fling him to the ground should warrant much more than a 1 yard penalty. If there was ever a cause for a player being ejected for a personal foul, that was one.

Based on Talib's post game comments saying he did the facemark on purpose since it was only a 1 1/2 yard penalty and his first personal foul was BS, he should receive a hefty fine and at least a one game suspension.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Here's the gif.
    [​IMG]

And a still of the nose hitting the ground.
    [​IMG]

If Cotchery's hands were underneath the nose, then I say it's a catch. But it's on the side, and the ball bobbles as he's rolling over meaning he doesn't have complete control. I think it was a good call.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Carolina dropped so many passes that hit their hands (both offensively and defensively).

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Average of 111.9 million viewers watch CBS’s coverage of Super Bowl 50; game peaks at 115.5 million viewers between 8:30-9 PM, ET</p>&mdash; CBS Sports PR (@CBSSportsGang) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGang/status/696780747592593409">February 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

You're actually really annoying

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

right. The nose of the ball hits the ground. i thought it was the right call and fairly straightforward with the replay. I was surprised the announcers were so sure it was a catch.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Superbowl Ad: "Alexa, order ipad."

Think about it. Product flaw...

12. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

During the game and at the post-game presser, Cam Newton showed very clearly why a lot of people do not like or respect him.

He needs to grow up and learn how to handle losing like an adult. Even if it's the Super Bowl.

Newton deserved to get criticized for not diving for the ball during that 4th quarter fumble. Dude just flat-out quit. Even several Broncos players were ripping him a new one in the media. And I suspect that at least some Panthers players and coaches are quietly not happy with him.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aTMJ617E5BY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Cause we know the Great Peyton would NEVER show bad sportsmanship like . .. walking off the field after losing the Superbowl without shaking hands or anything . . .with the other quartbacker . . . he would NEVER do that . . .right?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...orms-off-Super-Bowl-field-Is-h?urn=nfl,218314

Rocket River

Rocket River

15. PhiSlammaJamma

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ULzdKV4WrqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

And Cam shook hands but was still a bad sport. He is a bad sport in victory and defeat, different sides of the same coin. People support his antics when he wins because he is winning. He won't learn from this, he doesn't need maturity, it is who he is.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THIS is why Cam walked out (listen to what's being said in the background). <a href="https://t.co/6LdLFwv8tj">pic.twitter.com/6LdLFwv8tj</a></p>&mdash; Brian (@bmweezy13) <a href="https://twitter.com/bmweezy13/status/696704493514334208">February 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So.... he walked out because he's a chump that loves to dish it out but can't take it?

[​IMG]

He does this childish BS all season long then gets butt hurt when players from the team that took him to the woodshed in the Super Bowl gloat a bit?

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you're not wrong but c'mon all the billions NFL makes and they can't get a better setup for press conferences? not excusing cam, but nfl dropped the ball here.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I usually refrain from chiming in on 'hot take central' topics like Cam's celebrating and the press conference, and while I never made much of his celebratory antics I have to say that he looks pathetic in the wake of all of this.

Part of being an athlete, especially a pro athlete, is being dignified and respectful in loss. Okay to show disappointment but there is a line.

The fact that Cam carried himself the way he did after every TD this year, told opposing teams to 'stop him from scoring if they didn't like it', and then pouted and threw tantrums like he did on Sunday is a bad look.

I've seen accounts on Twitter asking what is wrong with what he did, citing instances where Brady/Manning/Rodgers have been demonstrative on the field - but none of them talked as much **** as Cam did and then failed to back it up. That's the difference.