1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suicide Bombings in Baghdad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, Jan 22, 2021.

1. SuraGotMadHops

tinman, Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. SuraGotMadHops

Did you read the article?

"officials said in what was the first massive bombing in years . . ." i.e. since Obama was President.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You mean ISIS reporting comes out of hiding. Also there will be many enemies testing Biden just like they test every new president. I would anticipate multiple ballistic missile tests by Kim Jung in the next couple weeks for sure.

Also Trump pulling troops at the last minute in an uncoordinated fashion was no mistake. There is a pretty wide open onslaught of sabotage that Trump put in place out of pure spite.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

76,671 people died from terrorist attacks from 2017-2019. Paint the picture as you wish but this is the world we live in. The sad part is, Trump started stirring up Domestic terrorists in our own country against Biden and Democrats. That's the last thing we need in a civilized country is civil unrest from radicals fed hate, lies, and propaganda. Biden has been left with a mess. I pray for him right now. He has a massive hill to climb in the rubble of destruction Trump has left him with.

"• Terrorism: death toll worldwide 2006-2017 | Statista" https://www.statista.com/statistics/202871/number-of-fatalities-by-terrorist-attacks-worldwide/

Air Langhi likes this.
  7. MexAmercnMoose

suicide bombings in Baghdad? who cares, im more worried about white hillibilly terrorists here in 'merica

Space Ghost likes this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bone Saw does not like Biden.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Who is the one that ordered that combat missions stop and ordered a reduction in Trumps against the wishes of both major political parties in the USA?

I will give you a hint, it wasn't Stumbling Joe Biden.

I am not always a fan of the foreign policy of Democrat Presidents, especially Obama...... but to in anyway blame this on Biden is absurd. Let Biden make his own mistakes.

juicystream and ArtV like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

New reports coming out that this is actually a MAGA terrorist bombing -- developing...

Blatz, superfob and jiggyfly like this.
  11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should be much more worried about the Trump supporters that invaded the Capitol and tried to attack Congress in an attempt to stop the peaceful transfer of presidential power for the the first time in US history. That fifth column is still out there and you're going to be hearing more from them soon. If you wonder what that's going to look like see Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City Federal Building-
    [​IMG]

AleksandarN and deb4rockets like this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I love the weak ass new trend of the phrasing.

"I am just asking questions"
    "things that make me go hmmm"
    "oops!"

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree. And then there's this guy.

Inside the Mind of the MAGA Bomber, the Trump Superfan Who Tried to Wreak Havoc on the Last National Election

Cesar Sayoc turned his loyalty toward Donald Trump into a literal assault on the President’s Democratic enemies in 2018. His story is a cautionary tale about right-wing fanaticism.
    https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/08/13/inside-the-mind-of-the-maga-bomber-the-trump-superfan-who-tried-to-wreak-havoc-on-the-last-national-election/

14. SuraGotMadHops

Are you saying the main stream media withheld reporting on ISIS related terrorism during Trump's presidency? The media actually protecting Trump from reports that would render his foreign policy ineffectual, that's a new one.

15. SuraGotMadHops

I will never understand the purpose of deflecting one bad terrorist attack by bringing up another. The whataboutism has gotten out of control. Domestic terrorism is bad....foreign terrorism is bad. You can talk about both and be concerned with both.

Roc Paint likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well they have two entirely different solutions. The solution to one is to not destablize regions with our bombs and invasions that create a ladder for chaos and the solution to the other is to revamp our k-12 education system and tackle misinformation while also dealing with our economic trends of rising household debt over the past 50 years.

When two entities have such drastic differences in solutions, they really aren't comparable. They are entirely different subject matter.

Nook likes this.
  17. dobro1229

Not really, but foreign policy especially in the middle east (hello Yemen) was just not covered that much mostly because of the onslaught of political drama daily. Now that the media has room to breathe on stories across the globe, I expect we'll just naturally hear more foreign policy news daily that we normally wouldn't. It's not the media's fault...it's the fault of the party of Trump being constant chaos, lies, and corruption.

ISIS was never going to just go away, and they never really did. They lost their primary territory in Iraq, and Syria but they never really went away as an ideology and an online community following.

Also I think ISIS and Al Qaeda will see the most recent "treaties" (which are really non-treaties but public shows with Netanyahu with countries that already weren't at war with Israel) as moves that they want to respond to with aggressive attacks. I'm more concerned with Al Qaeda right now honestly. I think there's an opening they'll see to really provoke right now which is why it could be incredibly detrimental what Trump did to block the Biden admin's ability to be briefed during the transition. If we have another major attack on our hands, Trump will have a decent amount of blame for that most likely.

malakas and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so OP suddenly cares about Iraq now?

19. dobro1229

We also get some time to breathe to really understand the complete disaster that took place that was Trump's foreign policy. It might have looked decent at 40,000 feet, but man there are some real concerns I've had. So many major questions. The only thing I really see that Trump and Kushner really cared about was serving Netanyahu and MBS's personal and political wishes. What the hell has the US gotten out of serving their personal interests so much??

It should be a MAJOR controversy that the US has pretty openly supported Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen, and it's likely we are fighting there alongside them and nobody in the US even knows that.

100,000 people have died from that war already. This is something many people here don't even know about. It's really embarrassing for our country to be that involved, and have that much blood potentially on our hands as well.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

BUAHAHAHAHAHA You people care about the World now

Biden better catch up to 2 months worth of security briefings he should've received from Strong Regime.

Nook, NotInMyHouse and malakas like this.