1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stupidest Commentators

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaneB, May 1, 2009.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

Inside jokes in front of the camera?! Most of that airtime is just laughing. C Webb also has a Macintosh open...They suck. Some of you guys talk about how bad Clyde Drexler is. You cant get any worse than these guys...

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

4. DaneB

DaneB Member

Its postgame recap following Game 5. Wasnt sure if anyone listened to it, but I think they're terrible...

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

All I see are first half highlights.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well they are not commentators.

I like watching them, even though they can be goofy at times.

7. i hate the mavs

lol thank God somebody else sees it.. gary payton is soooooo annoying!!! chris webber isn't that bad.. i fee like he's just like wtf.. why am i stuck with this idiot...

8. halfling131

halfling131 Member

I'm a fan of cwebb when he's on TNT, but he's horrible when he's on NBATV.

9. DaneB

DaneB Member

Maybe this will work...

<script src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/js/1.1/xmp/module.js?vid=/video/channels/playoffs/2009/04/29/nba_hou_por_0040800175_lookahead.nba" type="text/javascript"></script><noscript>Embedded video from <a href="http://www.nba.com/video">NBA Video</a></noscript>

10. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

If you're talking about when they had their "look ahead" to Game 6, that was ridiculous. But lock this thread up because that was talked about two days ago.

11. DaneB

DaneB Member

Gary Payton's laugh is ridiculous! ha ha :D

12. DaneB

DaneB Member

Sorry. Where is the thread?

13. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

14. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

They are pure trash. :D

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Gary Payton has been terrible 100% of the time I've seen him. I guarantee you he won't be back next season. Webber is usually awful, but on some occasions he says something insightful. But he clearly has no idea how to project himself in front of the camera.

16. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

CWebb is fine. He's solid on Inside the NBA. Payton is just atrocious. He has absolutely no business being on tv.

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I, for one, think they are HILARIOUS, intentional or not. I can't imagine what anyone would have to be thinking to acually take them seriously enough to be offended by them. It's all good fun.

18. Cbox

Cbox Member

You know who is dumber than those two combined? Jalen Rose. That guy is as dumb as he is boring to watch.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Eric Snow is one of the worst. Just my opinion. Most of the ex-players are actually terrible analysts : Jon Barry, Jalen Rose, C-Web, Payton, Barkley, even Kenny Smith. Karl Malone was surprisingly competent.

Actually, I think Barkley could be really good, but the man doesn't watch the whole games and doesn't try. He was one of the smartest players on the court and I think it could translate, but the man stopped putting effort into anything besides comedy after he retired.

Back back to my first candidate, Snow. I wish I could find the video clip of the NBAtv playoff preview show. Snow was breaking down the Nuggets and the Hornets and they broke out this new sweet touch screen 80" plasma or whatever it was. It would show basic breakdowns like PPG for each player or team head-to-head etc.

Snow was talking air like it was the first time he's ever read the stat sheets for both teams. He was like "and uhh...Denver...well, they have good offense, but on defense they give up too many points" as he was reading the defensive ppg. And then the line right below that showed Denver's opp FG%, which was lower than New Orleans' (written right next to it).

Anyhow, it was blatantly obvious that Snow did No research before the show and had no idea of the style of either team. And that's the main problem. Not just with the ex-players, but really, none of these national guys watch enough basketball at all. The problem with local guys is that they get some tunnel vision watching their own teams and become biased. But the national guys...I don't even think they watch 100 games a year...I'm thinking they're only sticking to the big games, jumping to conclusions, and analyzing things by repeating what everyone else says and then rehashing points from years past even though circumstances change all the time.

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

This is how I view it. Gary Payton is crazy, that's why he's so entertaining.