1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop criticising the players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidxhz, Jan 12, 2009.

1. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Stop criticising the players, expecially T-mac, why would you do that. Why would you take all the things you hear from the media so seriously, Literally I mean, do you really know the players as common people? You are not their friends. Do you know their real personality? The media says Artest is warrior, T-mac is a coward. But what do you know......
         By the way, I want those people know not getting out of the first round is not T-mac's fault. It's on the team. He is just unlucky.
        Let's see the stats from T-mac
                           G    GS   MPG   FG%   3p%   FT%   TOT   APG   SPG   TO     PF     PPG
    04-05 Regular     78   78   40.8   .431   .326   .774   6.20   5.7   1.73   2.58   2.10   25.7
    04-05 Playoff      7    7     43.0   .456   .370   .824   7.40   6.7   1.57   3.71   2.90   30.7
    06-07 Regular     71   71   25.8   .431   .331   .707   5.30   6.5   1.30   3.00   1.90   24.6
    06-07 Playoff      7     7    40.0   .394   .250   .737   5.90   7.3    .71   3.00   1.70   25.3
    07-08 Regular     66   62   37.0   .419   .292   .684   5.10   5.9   1.03   2.42   1.40   21.6
    07-08 Playoff      6     6    41.2   .425   .208   .623   8.20   6.8   1.50   3.00   1.30   27.0

04-05playoff, we lost to Dallas, but I still remember several clutch calls which made the rockets pay, they were actually wrong calls. Game 6, for example, Michael Finley stole the ball from Barry with his legs outside the line under the rockets basket in the end of the game, otherwise Dallas would have lost in the first round to us. (But eventually they still lost the final to the Heat)

06-07playoff, we have every opportunity to win, no excuses, just pain memory.

07-08playoff, Yao down, Tracy singlehandedly carried us through 6 games. Remember the 40 point game, game 6 at Utah?

If you hate their performances, just say it. You have no sure knowledge about their personality and character(except someone who do really know them here, you have the right to say), so stop throwing bad words on what kind of person they are. Be grown ups, really.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you know we could go criticizing you instead of the players

yes and in game 3 I believe tmac lets a rebound off of a missed free throw go off his hands in the remaining seconds letting dallas seal the one and give them life. then in game five (not 6) yao misses like 4-5 free throws in the 4th (an anomaly for him) which keeps the game in reach for the mavs with or without finley's play, (also the mavs did not make it to the finals that year they lost to the suns the next round)

except your guy had an excuse: he was tired (dont remember the exact quote but he said he ran out of gas in the fourth...what superstar openly admits that in a game 7?)

singlehandedly? I dont think I remember seeing Tracy with the huge block that won game 3. Also it wasnt until Rafer Alston came back that the team was even competitive in the games against the jazz. I understand that the team was without Yao a huge disadvantage but if anything the team kept the games close because outside of game 6 Tmac wasnt putting up the huge numbers scoring was that he did in the past. and speaking of game 6 if I remember right we lost that game after Tracy told his teammates if that they can help get game 5 he would get game 6 by dropping 40+

see that wasnt too hard.

face it the guy has had his chances many a time, forget last year without yao the two times before he could have easily advance after having a 2-0 lead in the playoffs. I think the rockets had some crazy stat that they had lost only 1 or 2 series after having a 2-0 lead until tmac came to houston. I want tracy to win and win big as a houston rocket but the more and more comes outabout the guy this year the more I realize he isnt the player that I had hoped he was. time for others to realize that too.

#2 The_Yoyo, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Thanks Yoyo I think you pretty much covered it all there. LOL.

4. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

who's your daddy? :D

5. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Oh by the way, what happened in the past, stays in the past... We are not going to win a championship if we live in past. TMac is still a vital part of this team especially come playoff time, BUT he has to live to the expectations... Who wants to win a championship more than TMac after losing all his chances in the 1st round of the playoffs? To be able to do that, he needs to play hard and give it all he's got... If he can't play, then rest until he is healthy enough to play and help this team... Nobody can blame the fans or the media to criticize him because of the way he plays... Just a reminder, he's getting paid $20M+ for being a part-time player...

Sorry for the double post.... :D

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I think a lot of fans are frustrated because they want McGrady that is on Kobe Bryant level of shooting guard.

We all had those dreams when TMac arrived in Houston, to see guy that can score, drive to basket, dunk amazingly, play some D and lead the team along with great center, now best center arguably in the NBA, Yao Ming.

But things change and dissapointment of fans is getting bigger.

I surely know that TMac does care but injuries are frustrating everyone on the team, it's like we're cursed.

So nobody, or at least me is bashing McGrady because of his playoff performances and I know he's giving 100% when it's playoff time but everybody is critizing him because they're not seeing McGrady they want to see and TMac can't respond because his body is down.

And just to add that I hope when all this hype ends we still get a chance to pass the first round since that's been a goal this season although everybody was thinking about championship when Artest arrived.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Pretty much think it would be a pretty boring place if we were all always positive. It takes all types.

I do get annoyed though with people who clearly have agendas.

Call it like you see it, and you have my respect.

Riding the highs and lows is what its all about people.

8. mbiker

mbiker Member

Tracy’s statistics are very deceiving. His stats usually come at the expense of the team game. While his teammates are running Rick Adelman’s offense Tracy is playing the same style of offense that he has always played, which is the opposite of RA’s style. He dominates the ball, which is the opposite of what you want in a semi-Princeton offense. He doesn’t move without the ball, which causes his teammates to shoot at a lower percentage. If you want to know how a small forward moves without the ball in an RA type of offense, watch old clips of Peja Stojakovicwatch, as he was all over the place. Tracy also is a big problem on the defensive end as well. While he has the capability of being a great defensive player, he chooses not to be.

I am a Rockets fan. I stopped being a fan of players when I got out of High School. As a Rockets fan, I will criticize players that do not conform to the type of game that the coach wants to play. You can’t have one player playing one style while the rest of the team plays another. Tracy has played for 3 coaches that have been to the finals, while Tracy has not been out of the first round. It’s time for Tracy to get his act together and make sacrifices for the team.

Tracy fans need to take the Tmac poster off the wall and substitute it for a Rockets poster.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why should people stop criticizing? If a guy is getting paid $21 million a year, and is not putting forth much effort he should not be criticized he should be tarred and featherred.

Stop criticizing, the criticizers !

DD

#9 DaDakota, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'll criticize whoever the hell I want to criticize.

So there. :p

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Stockton and Malone were unlucky to have played when MJ was around. TMac isn't unlucky. TMac himself is a huge reason why his teams aren't successful. TMac thinks it is all about the number of points one scores at the end of the game. That's only part of the it. There's defense (if the other team outscores you, you lose). There's attitude (if you don't give effort, your teammates may not either). Then, there's the turn-it-on-turn-it-off attitude which causes bad habits.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Once again, you put everything on T-Mac?

Shouldn't we blame Ron, Yao, RAFER, Adelman as well? Of course McGrady deserves it, but you wanna say, that it is all HIS FAULT?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, not at all.....

Rafer has not played well, Yao has not gone aggresively after rebounds, Ron has not run the offense and taken horrible shots.

The team right now, has bad chemistry, we need to sacrifice a chicken and pray to Jo-boo to get it right.

DD

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well, that is what I am talking about.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

McGrady is a quitter with no heart.
    Yao is soft down low and not clutch.
    Battier and Artest are offensive diarrhea.
    Barry is too old.
    Alston can't shoot.
    Brooks is too small.
    Landry and Scola can't defend.
    Chuck Hayes is the worst offensive basketball player in the history of the NBA.
    Luther Head is worthless unless he's set-shooting.

I think its obvious we need to build around Von Wafer.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

KC sums things up again. ;)

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

There is such thing as constructive criticism, unfortunately you won't find that much on this site. You'll find more of the "tmac is a p***y/bad father/womanizer/doesn't know how to raise a family/i want to kill tmac for his sleepy eye look" type criticism.

18. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

criticizing? we have like 30 appreciation threads out there.

19. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

criticize

Main Entry: crit·i·cize
    Pronunciation: \ˈkri-tə-ˌsīz\
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): crit·i·cized; crit·i·ciz·ing
    Date: 1643

I give your rant 2.5/5

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

spellinz write is 4 chumpz. Word.