1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone on Silas’ future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 10, 2023.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

BelgianRocketsFan and Salvy like this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

What's not appropriate is that Silas remains as head coach of the Rockets beyond this season. The man needs to go.

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

There's no point in firing him right now. It will happen after the season, but it's too late to do any good now anyway. The guy is obviously in over his head, they should probably do it to put him out of his misery if nothing else, but I'm pretty sure they will wait it out unless they think a current assistant might be the long term answer.

5. 34to11

34to11 Member

Silas has done exactly what was required of him from day one when he was asked to pivot from a veteran laced roster built around a legit superstar to a full rebuild and a team rife with recent teenagers.

Agendas, ignorance, and impatience are what has the fan base ablaze. The very same fan base that was adamant that John Blair Bickerstaff was, and forever would be, the worst coach to ever grace an NBA sideline.

Just something to think about.

6. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

I very much remember the JD vitriol and agree. I'm not sure Silas is the guy but the fact that a bad team is playing like a bad team shouldn't shock anyone.

Corrosion and 34to11 like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Would’ve suited the Rockets as an organization and Stone to at least say he supports the coaches 100% and they will be evaluated after the season. It’s my only gripe tho a serious one since I don’t think we’re even intent and getting close to being like a family.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NBA is just one huge bureaucracy.. and its not 30 teams, its all 1 company..they all playing for the same team basically... they dont really care who wins and who is 7th seed and wins and losses in general...

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If the guy you wanna bring in is available - then u drop the axe on Silas now.

That way u can let the new guy come in and piss away the balance of the year 'making his points'... He can do things like 'idc about wins - if u dont get back on d - then yer ridin the bench...' Let him come in and cause a commotion now... then you got the off season to decide who's gonna play ball - and who has to go... then you got time to jockey the roster and bring the right squad into camp next year...

We've already pretty much pissed away the opportunity for a longer term cultural overhaul with the 'redemption of kpj'... so time to breaks some eggs and try to make an omelette...

RichieBanks223 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Paid vacation, Lucas or Hollins can do the same tank job, or any other assistant.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

In other words. This kind of thing wouldn't be looked at until the end of the season

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

True, not point in giving Abdelfattah a trial run. Ludicrous.

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

On one hand I feel like Silas is owed a shot at a real run to the playoffs.

On the other hand it's probably too late to take him seriously.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Prior to the Rockets trading James I remember Silas trying to run a different offense than what James was use to doing. Granted it was a noble cause, but the problem is that he wanted to put the ball in John Wall's hands more (WTF) and put James Harden in the corner. It was really strange. @DreamShook you remember that ****?

He was trying to change the way Harden played the game. Granted, you can say Harden never won a championship playing that way, but he was no chump that got eliminated in the 1st round year after year unlike Tmac. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Silas may have been dealt a bad hand, but at the same time there is a lot of questionable things he does as a coach and he absolutely should get called out for that.

DreamShook and ashleyem like this.
  15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think we will keep Silas until April, you cannot have Coach Lucas coach these guys because we will start winning….no way! San Antonio and Charlotte are trying to lose now…we need this pick.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i think i remember this but I try to forget everything Silas does in general.

ElPigto likes this.