1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

After merger it'll be interesting, but it sounds pretty promising with the orders lined up, I do think you're right regardless though on the rapid rise, there will be a bubble and chance to get back in etc. I'm definitely going to watch it for sure.

2. adoo

adoo Member

just learn that CRM's earning call has been moved up to 28 May 2020

sold the 165 CALL, realizing a ~90% profit; still have the 170 CALL to enjoy the Earnings run.

use the proceeds to participate in the next biotech run;: BTO Jun 26 132.5 CALL

[​IMG]

IBB's chart looks even better than CRM's

[​IMG]

#9942 adoo, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hey today techs looked odd, switched to SQQQ in afternoon before the climb, but might change in morning got in $11 calls for 5/15, I'll probably move depending what things look like in morning assuming they last, might be gamble still but noticed some interesting things in AH.... Huge orders as well. Some interesting activity.

I got lucky on timing, but I'm sure something will switch up in morning, but currently short term play it should work.

4. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Interesting play on IBB, might follow you on this as well. Thinking of picking up a few VTIQ 6/19 $35c since the hype train seems real.

5. adoo

adoo Member

actually, the stock market acted odd[/quote]the downturn started, in the midst of the Fauci testimony, as news broke that LA County had announced that it had extended the stay-at-home order to July

hop on; looking forward to ideas from you

Sajan, CCity Zero and noscrusir like this.
  6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I’m learning. Some good stuff talked about in this thread. I’m not really comfortable to do calls and options quite yet. I need to do research on how it's done and how it works.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The merger goes to vote on June 2nd, and I guess the merger would be "complete" shortly after, so be careful trading around that time.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very great points, I need to have news up more often even if not at desk, like if I'm at my desk I'll look at charts and have news up, but what I caught was major tech calls doing trash while I wasn't at desk so avoided major bleeding on calls, it was interesting since I was almost certain things were going to perform decent, so I took cheap calls SQQQ on an attempt on a quick reverse on losses. Seems it might work, I normally won't do this but felt different on trends I was looking at.

Let me know if you notice anything in the morning, and definitely not taking it as financial advice but I think you give good insight, I'll do the same if I see anything. I'm just thinking we might see more pullback on some stuff. Like what was interesting to me is I figured DBX would move from decent performance. I didn't expect some crazy run but lost momentum entirely. And then MSFT with the small correction/pullback I was hoping we'd get a slight retrace etc. I mean I know we were bound to have nasdaq/tech have a down day vs the last 6 but was interesting. And yes l, you're right on market I was just mainly focused on tech plays today.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Not that you need my approval but definitely think this is a good callout to be careful on as merger nears before/after etc

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No worries on that, and definitely don't blame you on not just jumping into options (and quite honestly glad you didn't until you're). I can definitely help you with basic questions when you're ready to place some, ie only buy them when starting out (so don't actually write/sell contracts that you don't own), and while I can't give you direct financial advice - ie "should I buy here and get this PT? “etc. I'll be happy to answer any questions once you review how they work, especially if you have questions before you do you one - can just message me or ask here whenever you'd like.

what I won't do, is give you some crazy advice like selling naked calls or selling puts until you fully understand the financial risk (your broker might not allow it, but that's when people get in trouble). I've seen people wreck their accounts that's why you just want to start with the easier stuff/low risk (so buying a call/put and selling that exact same one/exercising it if you want etc etc.).

Another thing to get ready is even practicing with paper trading/stock apps (I don't have any on my mind but I'm sure there are free ones.

And again, really great share earlier! I hope you make a lot. If you find any others definitely share and I'll try to do the same.

BmwM3 likes this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Also, meant to say very nice moves!

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sajan likes this.
  13. noscrusir

Yes absolutely. If I'm lucky I might be able to fill some orders at open at a decent price. Plan is to ride any fomo momentum before the June 2 merger and IV takes a hit. Trying to do a bit more research on IBB before any potential short squeeze on 5/15.

It's all pretty much gambling. Glad to see some knowledgeable people here to share thoughts with.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. HTM

HTM Member

I bought a couple individual stocks during the dip but I view that as a "fun" thing to do. I predominantly only buy index funds.

During the Rona fueled crisis I haven't altered my aggressive course with my student loans which I will finish paying off this month. A major financial milestone in my life. I'm very excited. I'll live the same lifestyle but transition that student loan money to buying more index funds/saving cash/saving for a house/engagement ring/wedding/nicer car.. etc... etc.. The irony of life is that most of your biggest expenses come when you're young and don't have the money and the people who do have the money are old and less able to enjoy it. C'est la vie.

desihooper likes this.
  16. noscrusir

Wow I got in on that VTIQ call this morning and it's nearly doubled. Really tempted to sell for a quick profit but part of me says no since this is a red day and there's still plenty of time.

Still looking at that IBB call as well and might take a shot. Premiums look a bit high at the moment.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, it's good and bad... I know before an individual broker or account that cost a decent amount per trade was required, decent as in if you weren't trading enough small caps volume or holding long enough the fee before commissions would eat into profits, limiting a small investor from starting but also in a good way preventing them from trying to get into quick/risky penny stocks. So it was bad that it limited this to people with resources, but good that it didn't turn into a gambling addiction.

I mean it's good assuming that people are responsible but you're right about a crash feeling. When you told me about wallstreetbets I didn't know of it, And when I read the behavior on there I was both impressed (well by very few that somewhat had a risk plan) and then in shock about the "YOLO" bets... Like I couldn't imagine dropping 10-20k on a less than a percent chance - losing it and being okay, I mean if it hit, I honestly don't know if I'd admit it to anyone I know (well maybe but you get what I'm saying). I mean if I were loaded like Buffet or someone maybe it's not a big deal, but I don't think anyone that's loaded are taking risks like that (so that's why they remain loaded). So then I wondered if parents were paying these bills or student loans or something... Haha, Just wild to see.

Also, reading the article I couldn't imagine choosing between making gamble bets on stocks or paying my mortgage.... I basically had to survive during housing crash to keep my house, Soooo reading this kind of is frustrating, I don't think everyone's doing it but if someone's picking between paying down an actual investment they're in or placing their next major SPY call/put that's just insane.

#9957 CCity Zero, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Not that you need my advice but I sometimes take profit if I bought multiple calls on a hot stock, like if I bought 10, I'd sell 5 to cover the 10 + some Profits - after you pass the double mark etc , this is assuming the stock is wild and very volatile. Or I'll literally watch it all day in real time. That stock is so hot right now you just want to be ready in case.

Regardless, I hope you make a lot of money. And definitely not financial advice.

noscrusir likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

SQQQ calls worked, I just won't stay in those... So if anyone tries stuff like that definitely make sure you don't invest and forget. Was honestly worried this morning on Powell's conference in PM he'd basically print money, it was trending down from my OTM to ITM $11 call but went back up. I am trying to watch what happens as we get closer to power hour.