1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely agree. If you pick good companies the money is coming back and it'll pay off big. You don't want to be waiting forever or you'll never enter and the chance will pass. I mean there's always money to be made but these stocks currently are already on a huge discount (like you mentioned).

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I think we go up until the lockdowns unwind and/or an effective treatment is released. That's when reality will kick in and we test the March low.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

BCRX might be worth looking at for gap up play (smaller cap). possibly will trend with GILD, but I think GILD is probably better, as long as PR sticks. I didn't look at yet.

AMC could be nice for smaller entry just be careful, it fell hard, but is gaining nicely in AH.

#9403 CCity Zero, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Wow, wasn't intending on selling my amzn and adbe, baba and tencent (long term holds for me), but at these prices so tempting to sell now and reenter later. How much more gas does this run have?

5. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I sold half of my Tencent around $47 because I was expecting the market to crash after the sharp rebound but it keeps going up. I'm not selling the other half until it is $60+.

saitou likes this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If i had 12k to put into the market what would yall advise? Im thinking abput taking 10k out of 401k to invest in corona market. Its fascinating reading this thread and im interested in learning more and beginning to do my own investments.

Obviously as layman but ive been thinkjng one of the airlines abd then holding a couple yrs, hoping it would bounce back after the pandemic.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Honestly, I'm not sure, I think it'll pull back but this is so crazy, it depends how further pr on drugs/governors on lock down goes. The only thing I regret today is checking options too early on BA and GILD... I think I should have taken this week off from trading, haha. Basically missed this odd surge of volume tip by maybe an hour for major options on both. I can almost guarantee BA ends tomorrow above $145 easy. And GILD above I think $85 iirc.. Hahah, not even trying to hide it on these trash options that were purchased ahead of major PR on both. They will both probably gap up but will be way ahead of those calls at market close tomorrow.

saitou likes this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

i was off. TSLA is trading above 770

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Ah I'm trading it on HKEX. Was considering selling covered calls, but premiums were too low. Will hold for now, it's weathered the whole virus period incredibly well.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, this week has been crazy on the market. TSLA has been really wild. I was in AMC shortly in AH up to market and got out for earlier for now, made back some of the trash options I was playing.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Oil is now sub $18....

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is how you do it. I mean if you make a play like this and hit you need to remove a large amount of gains and reinvest it. Don't do like that one guy... Basically climbed from nothing to 2 mil and then lost a million doing only margin/options. I hope he pulled that million back and either reinvested smartly or even bought some property or something. Don't state "I'm young, so I can always make more again" - sure, you might be young but that doesn't mean you'll get returns like this again or that you have to continue to make dangerous plays.

I mean it's their money and I'm not their financial advisor but if you make some ridiculous %return - be smart and use it somewhere that can change your life going forward.

I've seen both sides though, and some guys don't ever remove some for long-term investing - treating it like the equivalent of gambling... Not thinking about the real opportunity and... From millions to 1k - the market can make you humble really quick.

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Anyone in bitcoin?

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm not currently, well not major positions anyway.. I have some on an exchange, and am watching it as it gets closer to the halving date in May I will be seeing if there's more opportunities. While I like it on some plays I don't think it's as invulnerable as some make it, I mean when the market crashed it had a mass sell off just like the global market. With that said - I do expect it to go up as the May ~12th date approaches.

Are you investing in it? Unfortunately I feel my biggest opportunity for it was when people were paying 1k btc for a pizza. I figured it would pass as a fad/hobby so I never bothered to mine it.... Haha, with that said though even if I did mine it I don't know if I would have road it all the way to 20k...

16. adoo

adoo Member

17. adoo

adoo Member

this swing trader has a hypo question for day traders,

in view of the positive developments relating to GILD and BA,
    would u consider holding them over nite for the week-end ?​

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

I hope it breaks 200.

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Just GILD/BA or major positions in other short plays? I'm not certain on this but I feel BA will pullback after close - if more pr hits on lost orders - w/ that said I still think BA will work long term. If I play BA overnight and view it as short-term, I'd want it in an exchange that has the 4am hours on Monday for premarket (just in case).

On GILD I have similar thoughts but if more good pr hits it'll go a lot quicker for a great play. I expect it'll dip as PR is less but fortunately unlike other bio companies they have other stuff they're doing so not solely on Covid-19. But the major movement short term is all pr based. Ie - if some bad press drops over the weekend it'll go back lower.

I think it's a tough call for a short term play, just because of how much money is reacting on PR. If I was up big on either I'd probably pullback some personally. But that's just because of how crazy the market is - ie Netflix is valued by some @490 yesterday, and today suddenly economy/jobs play a role and its supposedly valued at ~420 (haha, I wasn't even watching for that, I guess it already pulled back...). I'm not in Netflix, but just example - I mean another article/release is now stating 500... Just pretty interesting on this

#9419 CCity Zero, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  20. adoo

adoo Member

when was the last time u had hold a stock over night?

if u had done so, what was ur rationale?

#9420 adoo, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020