1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

2. astros123

astros123 Member

This is nothing but a bear market rally so quit stressing out. The only real buyers of stocks since 2008 have been the corporations themselves. They have been using investment-grade bonds to buy back their own stocks at all-time low-interest rates. Now that their cashflow has been severely hampered, those same bonds will be downgraded which means companies will have a much harder time in taking out debt for stock buybacks. The money that's been pumping into the stock market the past 3 years has been all artificial money that's been borrowed. Here is a chart that will visually show you much of a utopia we have been living in the past 10 years. This is why a lot of people were against the tax cuts because they knew that companies would use that money they saved in taxes as leverage to borrow more money to buy more stocks. Don't FOMO into buying into his bear market rally. Who knows if we'll reach 18k again on the Dow Jones but we will test much lower numbers then currently.

[​IMG]

CCity Zero and peleincubus like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely, there's a lot of CEO/Execs/owners etc etc buying their stock for cheap- not only get in at a lower point/own more, but also prevent their investment from falling too far. Lots of stuff like this going on, great points.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Ah man sorry to hear that guys! Yeah, I was on a decent run, still up, but not where I should be.

Are either of you trading more? I can try to share plays I'm looking at, it'll probably be more likely on Monday/Tuesday at this point, just been crazy this week..

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Will get back into trading again once i liquidate my current holdings in LULU, PLAY and UAL. Fingers crossed it happens tomm.
    I am trying to get all my gains back from mid march before going in again.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I’m new to all this, but saw $usws went up crazy after hours. Is this worth a look or will it be like how $wtrh was a few weeks ago? I saw news that $usws got a 3 year deal done with $eqt.

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Theme parks may be closed through the summer.

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Sure would love your plays man, thanks!

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Who are you using to trade/how early do you have access in pre-market?

I haven't looked at the full chart/deal that was struck yet/projections but depending if you can get in at 3am/6am (so way way ahead of market and not just normal small pre-market) it might be a play, but if this was was live in market/during normal hours and I saw this in real time (and missed it) I'd probably wait for a dip to enter (if I felt it had more room to run from research/volume etc or move on to something else). The risk here is that once market opens it's going to spike and then tank (if following like a typical pump) or fall rapid and then retrace (that's when you'd enter for a smaller gain if you were confident in the deal going back up).

- there's a lot more to this and I've simplified it, but like several weeks ago waitr (like you mentioned) I made a good return on, but what I did is I got in during market hours and then in pre-market/open saw a line forming like this and immediately set a trailing stop losses (super tight), if your broker doesn't have a trailing stop you can even do a pre-marks for setting points to sell at or multiple stop-loss points for stop losses (to protect and get out or to make money) - watching in real-time with a climb like this is not something I recommend because when the bottom falls on a small cap it's fast. Like on some of these ones I'm in that are rocketing I set targets - like 25% at some value I want 50% at next and 25% etc so I can take profits and avg up, again this depends on what the charts doing/how confident my research is etc. as good as I can or a trailing stop loss of 1-5% multiple points - once this vertical pattern forms at various points, because this action normally doesn't sustain this growth.

With that said, if you've researched it and you know the value from the deal, it could be worth it, I'd just be careful because on a small cap you'll typically see a drop off/dip w/ this kind of growth. I mean you could get lucky and this runs, but at 300% it gets a bit tough, ie you want to have bought this in market, so you have stop losses already set, and not in a position trying to force entry.

Note- I didn't research this and it could run a ton or something/drop to 50 cents, I'm just stating what I'd consider to look at, and see if you have any options you might be able to play in premarket. Like another way- if you research it and you think maybe it's going to keep going, is gamble a very small amount and take profit, or once it dips try to catch a retrace / avg down (if you bought in too high).

Or if you wait and start seeing a turn on the dip then you buy some An example of today would be BIOL I mentioned earlier. - like I missed the 1st rocket but waited for the dip and caught the 2nd climb, ie I didn't enter when it was vertical and I missed it, but entered at the 55/60 on the dip (I think actual entry was 58) and then took it up to ~90. I didn't get 93 but took some profits @ 88 and have a little left in case there's a small retrace again, but I don't think it's going to be crazy but I'm going to be watching it in pre-market

Again though, on charts like this (w/ no research etc) when a stock is basically vertical it becomes very risky. I'll either move on or wait for a dip to retrace.

But if you can get in way ahead and it's still climbing in premarket up to market just buy a small amount in pre and sell either prior to market or at market, because with this kind of gain its not going to sustain permanently and there will be a dip you can enter.

Again not financial advice - but I've been burned plenty trying to force stuff, and unless you have a really really good idea on price targets you don't want to get in something that's hot because of pr (so force the entry) and then lose it.

I. Guess what I'm trying to say is I'd rather see a stock I'm entering Down to 30 cents from 90 (and I know there's some good pr /chase the news stuff coming) because it's always better to buy on a small cap then when everyone's panic selling, vs paying a premium to be in a rocket that's out of fuel and about to crash.

Sorry this ran long... Tl;Dr watch premarket and if it looks good try a small amount (if not confident) but be ready to exit at/before market, or be ready to avg down if you feel good about a small trace up.

peleincubus likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On a side note, I don't think I'll have time in morning before pre-market - but if I do, I'll tell you if I see anything.

11. astros123

astros123 Member

Have you checked out webull? There pre-market trading is amazing and always good amounts of liquidity. It seems like for more foreign investors use the site so it's a really good gauge.

If OPEC fails to make an agreement tomorrow I hope we pull our troops out of KSA and let those crooks get whats coming to them. You'll be able to tell if OPEC has an agreement or not by the premarket volume on USO from experience.

#9251 astros123, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, I set up an account there last week, the pre-market hours and aftermarket hours are amazing! It's really nice, especially when you're in a deal you need to get out of before/after the normal ah/pre hours the other sites have. Like, I'm looking forward to being able to enter/exit a trade when most sites are closed (especially when a company announces good/bad pr outside of most sites hours).

I agree, I'm hoping we get some good news for some more oil plays. Especially if it leads to helping our companies/jobs here sooner than later.

Do you trade on Webull?

13. astros123

astros123 Member

Yeah bro, I love it and I've been around the block. In my opinion, if your brokerage account t doesn't allow you to start trading pre market then you have the wrong platform. You need EVERY advantage as a trader as possible. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have extended pre-market/after market hours. The amount of information you can get from just viewing pre-market data is amazing. You can tell what sectors are moving that day if you study it properly. You should have longed oilx.

Who doesn't like trading at 3am?

Oil stocks are pumping pre-market....sounds like someone may have leaked something

#9253 astros123, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Hakeemtheking and CCity Zero like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Shiieet. perjury is toilet paper thin in front of the highest chambers these days, what's a little fibbing in the news?

Their denials are as credible as when teams and off contract players say they "don't talk to each other" before the free agency season begins.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely agree with you, and the 3am trading advantage is huge.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So, I was looking at this a bit but if you have 3am access for example (and unfortunately I didn't log back on), but at 3 am it went from $1.10 to 2.10 and then there was a sell off it dipped back down to 1.30, and a huge buy in, so I expect another jump up w/ the huge order placed, but unless you were able to start early 3am cst or about 30min ago after the big sell offs followed by the big buy-in @ ~7:05am you need to be careful with the amount of movement and not buy in on harsh ups/downs unless you have targets/plans. This is looking like a nice play but again this isn't something I've had a chance to research but I expect more growth with the amount of orders but you would really need to watch this to get max profit, unless you have a plan, but if you bought in at 3am rode it up - sold it, and rebought and getting ready to sell off - rinse/repeat the stock definitely has volume, but anytime a stock is hot for the time being like this you want to be ready to exit/enter again to get max profits. Like right now it's going but you'd need to be very careful and have plans throughout here just because of the amount of volume being moved

BmwM3 likes this.
  17. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I’m using Robinhood and believe the earliest is 8. I might throw a small amount on it. Thank you for your insight.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Np, happy to help, so there was a small ride up at that time I posted but then started going down, and right around/after the time RH started allowing buy-in it basically had a huge amount sold, it's picking up again, but I'd be very careful with it. And sorry for not giving better details (like I might be able to give you idea on entry/exit but not on this one since I'm not in it), there's definitely a chance to make something but again just be super careful. Just a lot of volume moved pre-market, like ideally someone got in before market close or at that 3 am mark and made a quick profit and basically left. What you have to watch for now is new people entering so you can make money, or watch out for people selling off who were sitting on this. I mean they're hugely in the money now.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Got my gains back. I am liquid now. Gonna wait for another dip. Not going to buy in on the rally now...got FOMO last time. Not this time!

Hakeemtheking and CCity Zero like this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I closed just about everything this morning, I took profits on NURO. Earlier than normal, but basically wanting to start over next week.