1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm staying in, and also trying to buy more of the same fund when things are low.

dmoneybangbang and Sajan like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha will do! Man, I wish we got in that one, so those were the type calls I've been seeing. I'll post tomorrow, unless something comes up in AH

JayZ750 likes this.
  3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]

markets up. trump saved us. recession cancelled

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Was the Coronavirus Task Force briefing purposely moved a while back to being after market close?

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hard to say. i don't think they've ever come out on time.

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Never.

Sajan likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Probably, but I just watch it for the sheer comedy of Trump vs. reporters that always erupts. :D Most stations either don't seem to be covering it or only cover the first few minutes of it now. I always have to tune into Fox News or CNN to catch most of it.

Sajan likes this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I would watch 24 hours of trump fighting with reporters...it's his natural habitat.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

TRNX is heavily rumored, might be straight PND, but could be a quick run to 28-40 cents. The concern I have on this tip is it doesn't seem as easy as yesterday's, like could be short lived if it even happens. But it sounds like any adds under .20 should make a quick return. This one is probably risky because there's a chance at open it might dump.

I just wanted to make sure we could at least watch it, just be careful if you try, I don't like this one as much as yesterday's because it could die in premarket / dip at open followed by insane run that can't be sustained. Like between the ones we've seen so far this week TMDI was a lot more confident tip. Then again, these pumps don't always have to make sense.

JayZ750 likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

THMO look for possible pump. This is definitely risky, like the premarket jump is a lot (similar to below ones)

Other two to watch but I don't feel great on vvus and bngo but I'm thinking ah/pre movement might kill solid run (restart run etc after market opens)

Just be careful on any of these. I like the ones that are jumping in actual market so we avoid huge dip at open etc. Unless guaranteed gap up etc.

#9130 CCity Zero, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    RKREBORN and JayZ750 like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

ZN, maybe... Just crazy on these oil stocks today, unless more volume this one might be done though, looking like 20-21 is max... Unless volume spike, trash most likely - needs to basically break the high it keeps getting walled at /.2145

#9131 CCity Zero, Mar 31, 2020
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Got in on THMO this morning at 3.90... pumped to mid 4's, i put a stop on at 4.10 and it went back down and i went out... never really know where to stop these at when they're rising... too high and you might sell at a small dip. in this case, should have went higher... pocketed about $400. Still better than zero (or negative)!

too up and down at this point... not sure where to touch it... i'll pass. the sector as a whole did well this morning though.

Went for super small piece this morning at 0.16.... still holding... flyer as you say... looking like no major pop though and i've got a stop at 0.15 just in case it goes south.. in which case i'll lose like $50....

more fun if you play a little bit... just protect the downside i guess :)

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What data did you use to predict this? Teach me wise one

14. JayZ750

well... i'm still holding TNRX overnight. maybe it'll pop tomorrow.
    Also bought into QUMU right before the close.
    Looks like it is spiking after hours which is good (got in a $1.60, now up to $2.55).... but I've never trade after hours... how does that work @CCity Zero

oh... and i'm still holding some bad positions, too, lol. win some, lose some

Sajan likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice man, yeah if you get a chance to see one rocketing in real time just go for trailing stop loss then you'll normally get closer to the top or stop loss is good too, really depends what you're feeling, regardless really good job, definitely agree on ZN I don't expect anything on it, it's purely PND I think, we'll just watch it, but I think it's junk one.

TRNX, I got out but might get back in if we see something.

Most of these were all one day plays/chase the news stuff. ZN gambling on for money to shift but it stopped. It's rumored it might but I doubt it.

Small overnight holds I have are:

ROSE - this is very small amount /risky but could go more pre market/open, not guaranteed

GHSI - this has good news coming hopefully next week so it'll probably be just holding for a week and rising/lowering but hopefully jumps, not crazy amount in it but something in case.

GHSI I feel better about with regards to drug news, this is definitely risky chasing the news and get out play but it should pop soon, so just watch it.

VISL I mentioned before but I got out forever ago (of course it went up small gain, I'm basically hunting for short plays only right now. And while visl might PND eventually not worth it

#9135 CCity Zero, Mar 31, 2020
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Awesome man on QUMO, I was going to mention but stepped away and missed it. You can trade up to 5pm cst (on RH, or later on other platforms), so if you want to take profits put in a limit sell (don't use market) and you can get out some of the qumo gains, I didn't full research it so wasn't sure what to expect in morning w/ it. It's probably worth a shot on TNRX, I just didn't see much but really could have a shot possibly.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Let me see if I can get some stuff to try to explain better, some of these were just straight up tips/following news/straight PND - ie you get in, it jumps and you leave. Like most calls I've been sharing are all high risk/reward - so very dangerous but if you time it you'll make money. I'm trying not to share junk ones so I'm looking at the stock/volumes/news and trying to detail what to look for/what I'm seeing if I can.

I'll definitely try to be careful on these with labeling, like some I'm just listing for us to see. Like if it's risky/missed/junk I'll try to state it, but be very careful. I've seen people make $10k+ on these but I've also seen the other end, so only put in what you feel good with gambling.

One things for sure you definitely want to get in at an entry that's on a dip /before rocket or if I sometimes can include a stopping point, but you basically have to daytrade these calls and watch risk, if you hold you'll just lose it or be stuck forever probably (I mean unless I give some idea of a hold play, but I'm trying to state what to expect looking at charts volume bid/ask/reading news, like today just moving around on energy/oil stuff, I'm well aware of some insane ones we missed so was hoping like ZN with it's huge start volume might do something but there was a huge wall at .2145 (so many to sell there that we didn't get the volume needed for the run to continue).

Obviously if it's a stock you like or researched then maybe stay but I'm really just looking to make high gains And move on.

#9137 CCity Zero, Mar 31, 2020
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

For example, on one I think is risky I'll take small % gains on way up (so multiple sell orders) or put in stupid tight 2-5% trailing stop loss (assuming I see in real time it's rocketing and I'm in profit), it'll probably get you out but I've been getting to within 5-10% of tops usually, but regardless, you take profit however you want, pocket and move on

19. JayZ750

need to get better at my order types.

trailing stop loss you can just put in a $ or percentage and it constantly updates? Eg I could have put in 10 cents and as THMO went up it would have constantly adjusted the stop loss upwards to the extent the stock kept ticking up?

meditation: saw qumu technicals were good and they came out with some positive pr early in the day that didn’t move it much so took a chance.

I don’t usually trade like this but with work a bit slow and the market so relatively volatile it’s been a fun learning experience.

Im still negative generally and think market will turn south this week but I thought that last week too so wtf knows

#9139 JayZ750, Mar 31, 2020
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, it would have kept rising the line and watched for a certain percent dip to trigger the sell order.

So on a trailing stop loss, you select it (it can be used for orders and sells), I normally only do it on Sell orders, especially ones I can't watch climb/crash, or if ones just going out of control and I am way in the profit, I set something super aggressive like 1 to 5%, what's nice is it literally moves the line and triggers the sell without me having to be there or making a wrong attempt on a limit sell. So I essentially make a lot more money normally than a simple sell. These can have some risk assuming the stock doesn't flat out crash (but even with the basic stop limit, if it's market order type those are risky too, so these I like better since they move the line). Using these I have been very close to the top on a few of these rocket ones.

Here's a good link to detail this: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/08/trailing-stop-loss.asp Let me know if you have any questions, there are certain times I might use the other Limits on orders/sells, but it varies by the situation,.

JayZ750 likes this.