1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stimulus Debate in the time of Corona

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Mar 17, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think she should've taken the $1.8 billion deal but I also agree that she's in a pretty much no win situation. If she took the Republican deal she likely still get's blamed by on the Left for not getting more out of the negotiations and accepting a deal with liability protection for big employers.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't think there really was a 1.8 million deal to be had, Mcconnell was working against it.

What really chaps me is the progressives are always complaining about how the corporate dems are so soft and roll over for republicans and don't fight, yet now Pelosi should have taken the deal.

So which is it should she have taken the deal that the corporations actually wanted to waive liability or should she be fighting for the working man to protect those rights?

Invisible Fan and mdrowe00 like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I always thought the deal that Pelosi and Mnuchin were working on prior to the election was not really real considering that Mitch said multiple times that Senate would not support it. I also believe the $1.8T deal was a damn good deal and thought after Pelosi turned it down, she was overplaying her cards. Regarding the progressive left, they don't always seem to want to compromise, so sometimes they have to move on without them. I totally support their cause and actually trying to help the common folk, but unless they have a clear majority, they will have to learn to compromise.

mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.