1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve-O: Demise and Rise

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets1616, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

(lock if there's an older thread)

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/steve_o/series.jhtml

I just saw this **** and its pretty damn depressing. Absolutely shocking and I had no idea he was so ****ed up. It gets really hard to watch after a while.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

he went full r****d with the whippit canisters.

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. DVR'd (of course MTV is replaying it ad infinitum)

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So let me get this straight... This guy has his butt cheeks pierced together, and it never occurred to you he might be a little ****ed up in the head?

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Wut? That's not normal? Mazyar told me different.

6. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

this thread prompted a torrent of this special, and it is truly one of the saddest, sickest things i have ever seen. i have no idea how this guy is not dead, either from overdose or over-stunting.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAO i know right. Why would anyone be surprised that Steve-O is so F'ed up? All that stupid jackass stunts ate away at his brain.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Steve O has done some absolutely disgusting and painful stunts but I was shocked, shocked that he threw up drinking beer running off Shridar's nails.

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Steve-O has got to have the weakest stomach in the world. He basically throws up during every stunt he does. He'll even throw up just watching other people do stunts.

11. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

I saw that Adam Corolla clip posted on this board. I knew he was f'ed up at that point. Glad he made it back- seems like a sincerely nice guy, sans the drugs & alcohol. Hope he can keep it up.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've seen it and it's actually pretty good. His Jackass friends were the ones who were really worried about him and forced him to go to rehab, IIRC. The documentary is pretty interesting just because you get to see him and his Jackass friends 'break character' so to speak and talk frankly about his problems.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Damn that's a lot of whippets.

14. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Props to him for becoming sober and to the Jackass guys, but when I was watching it, I couldn't help but think it took them THAT long to figure out he needed some serious help?

15. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

It's not that no one could see this coming, but it's just so shocking to see someone so candidly self destruct. It was one of the saddest things I've seen on tv....well MTV. (besides the regular everyday sadness I feel about todays youth)

16. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I didn't really understand Dr. Drew or MTV's position in the matter.

The footage was all from MTV cameras, the drugs were all purchased with MTV money. They were complicit to the behavior, and encouraged it (or at the very least turned a blind eye until they couldn't afford to). Dr. Drew had him on Loveline multiple times during his 'demise', but it still took years and a suicide threat for both a clinician and his employer to do something. It's nice to have a year of sober footage to show, but that doesn't absolve them of blame and isolate the problem to Steve-O alone. It's obvious from watching that the other Jackasses have their own addiction chapters, and will probably have subsequent specials.

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well if you listen to the program Bam Margera's mother said that she was worried about all of them being too far gone. That was a really sad thing to see someone go through. I for one am glad he got it sorted out, hope he stays that way casuse he was G.O.N.E. GONE!