1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Blake??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivanyy2000, Jan 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

LOL, this guy is on drug or what? Who is this guy anyway?

He is playing extremely well for Denver right now. He shoots the ball very well (60% right now, of course it gonna go well down, but his 3 pt shots look good); he pushes the ball and he makes good decisions with the ball; more importantly he seems have the ability to create shots for his teammates and setup the offense very well.

I can't help thinking what if Rox acquires him. He will be a perfect fit for them (if he could continue to play this wayl). He will be a very good backup or even starter at PG postion. As a matter of fact, I think Alston will play better if he is the backup from the bench.

Damn, NBA do have good players all over the place, they just need right team and right opportunities to shine.

2. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Blake was good in Portland. They had a glut at the guard with Blake Dixon and Jarret Jack.

Actually, I don't know why Portland traded the guy because he's a steady point guard. Always gives the Lakers problems.

Man to think if we had Reuben Patterson and Blake instead of Rafer and Snyder

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I think he's playing well just to piss off KellyDwyer. :)

4. jlwee

jlwee Member

I remember when Blake was in Washington, there were a few posters here including myself were really high on steve blake, a true pass first guard.... too bad the rockets never make a trade for him!

5. windfern

windfern Member

Cuz he's white?

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Damn straight, cause you can never have too many white PGs!

Why the hell did we ever let go of Maloney, Price, and Drew? Those were some steady motherf*ckers!

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You must not pay attention to college basketball. He was a very good player in college and helped Maryland win a national championship.

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Personally, I would trade Rafer for Blake any day of the week. Unfortunately, the salaries don't match, but I'd love to find a way to do that trade or acquisition.

9. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Beat me to it.

The two things Blake does well is keep an offense moving and hit open jumpers. When he's out there with AI, JR, Camby and (soon) Melo, that's all he's going to have to do. He's been a perfect fit here in Denver.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Solid player. Too bad he isn't a Rocket.

I don't think Nuggets fans are missing Andre Miller's play-making skills much right now with Blake around.

11. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Um...yeah we are. Blake is solid. Dre with this lineup would be incredible.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I like Blake too but let's not get carried away. It was a good move for Denver but it's not like Blake is an All-Star. He's playing a bit over his head right now.

13. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Where's the frickin' bottle opener? ...

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I love how every time there is some dude that beats up the Rockets pretty good, we always have to find a way to trade him to the Rockets.

15. stangend77

stangend77 Member

i hate him...and allen iverson :mad:

16. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Come on Kelly, just call your AA bud and talk it out. It's OK, it's just one player for a coupla weeks. he may tank again....

:D

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Blake drilled a couple of cold-blooded 3s in the last 2 minutes to help the Nuggets pull away.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Blake has always been underrated. He gets bashed for his lack of defense but he is an excellent offensive point guard, in the same class offensively as a player like Mo Cheeks. Dude can really pass and hit the spot up shot. Not a finisher, but he knows how to run the break. I've always liked him. Achilles heal is defense.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Well, you would know better than me but I never saw Miller do anything that Blake isn't doing. Blake also appears to be a better shooter by far. I'm not saying Blake is a better overall player but he seems to have every bit of Miller's court vision. Again, I don't see Denver play often so I may be misguided.

20. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

How can you hate Allen? A.I. is the man.