1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[STEPHEN A SMITH] Morey is Childish

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Oct 7, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Max went further than i thought he would. He doesn't seem to be afraid(yet).

mikol13 and vince like this.
  2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Why should anyone be afraid to support freedom?

Think about it, if this thing is about North Korea and not China, do you think the reaction from everyone will be the same or you will see SAS suddenly become a freedom fighter?

People are being p*****s on this just because of money, its not about right or wrong.

randerson likes this.
  3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I think you answered your own question. I wish we lived in a world where money wasn't everything to people. But we don't.

Its easy to say that you are willing to put your job and financial security on the line for a good cause. It's a lot harder to actually do it. Even harder when you have kids and others depending on you. I'm just giving Max props. I understand the world that they live in.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's a fair point and that's also the reason I am laughing at some of those China fans coming at here and trying to explain about our rights, first amendment, freedom of speech etc.

And they don't even dare to talk about the Hong Kong situation.

Yes, this whole crap is nothing more than money and bully.

Just the same as Trump bullying China on the trade war, but instead, no Americans will be dumb enough trying to tell the Chinese that we are doing the trade war as helping you to get more freedom that kind of craps.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

To be clear, are we arguing the freedom of speech of 2 people who freely spoke?

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You obviously did not understand what you read.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

And thank you for your brilliant clarification, it can not be more clear now.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's kinda funny how you anti-Morey posters have finally found some support from the Chinese CFers who are still around.

Both groups are misguided, but it's ironic that you've found each other because of Morey.

#88 topfive, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    mikol13 likes this.
  9. vince

vince Member

Kudos to Max. I’m impressed...

mikol13 and BaselineFade like this.
  10. Handles

Handles Member

SAS didn’t freely speak, he even said he can’t because he works for Iger and Disney has business interests in China. SAS is thinking about the money.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This post proves that you have no ****ing idea about what makes someone an "Uncle Tom".

Another Brother likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Like I posted in another thread, Stephen A.'s response might be different if we were talking about apartheid South Africa wielding this kind of economic pressure. Would he be saying that the issue of government-forced segregation should take a back seat just because a lot of people's money is at stake?

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I disagree. This is yet another example of Morey being the "smartest guy in the room". As such, he simply couldn't be bothered with the fact that his tweet interjected him, the Rockets and the NBA into a political **** storm that had absolutely NOTHING to do with NBA basketball. This entire affair is the most unnecessary bullshit I've seen since this summer's Cowboys farce.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am SHOCKED, shocked I tell you, at 2 debaters having opposing points of view!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Both very different in content but the principle I believe is still the same. Smith's argument about him being the wrong person to mess up the money doesn't make sense. If James Harden had come out in support of Hong Kong and Smith had said the same thing then it would be the same thing as shut up and dribble.

#95 nickb492, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    BaselineFade and topfive like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Shut up and make a deal for Iguodala!"

17. the shark

the shark Member

Stephen A. Smith is the LAST person who needs to be calling someone "childish".

Isn't this the same guy that was suspended by his employer (ESPN) by comments he made about women PROVOKING domestic violence? Did he go ask his employer if this was ok to say on air and in so doing could potentially hit them in the pockets by corporations pulling ads?

HELL NO HE DIDN'T!!

I'll take it one step further because about nine months after being suspended he showed that he's a freakin dumb a$$ and didn't learn a lesson by his previous comment/suspension when he got into it with Cari Champion on air DEFENDING Floyd Mayweather who has a long track record of domestic violence against women. Champion said he wasn't a good guy and Stephen A. Smith (who knows damn well about Mayweather's history with domestic violence) has the nerve to tell her that "you would think that way because you're a woman"???

Stephen A is the king of spewing ****.

topfive likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

SAS has no argument here. He's swinging at air. Regardless of Max's takes in Harden, the dude is absolutely right here and I have genuine respect for him now.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Tread lightly

20. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

That's something I can get behind. Just what a weird start for the NBA. Who would have thought that this image would make the Chinese government lose their minds in anger.

[​IMG]