1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry to coach Bud, Harden reportedly wants to play different offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 16, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Quick maffs

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Or — and, hear me out — this is a loose, embellished paraphrase of a normally ball-dominant player simply trying to express unselfishness before an all-star game.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

tell me 1 superstar other than AD that has had less help than Harden the past 5 years...

lol, Harden should be grateful for aging, declining CP3 on an albatross deal who is pretty much guaranteed to miss at least 20 games every year...he should be grateful for inconsistent Ego who has been shooting like trash the whole year...Tucker is good defensively, but garbage on offense and overworked/undersized every night

Rivers, GG, and Faried are guys nobody wanted...those are trash heap pickups...Faried is looking good because of Harden

Where is the actual star help? Nowhere to be found. Harden carries these dudes. If Harden is struggling, what are the chances that any of these other guys step up. Capela relies on Harden, CP3 does not look the same, and EG is inconsistent. Everyone else is limited/not that good. This team would be atrocious without Harden. They’d be down at the bottom of the West with the likes of Memphis. How long is Harden gonna be floundering around with no real help as his prime wastes away?

bmelo, Stepback3GOOD and adw like this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

One of the wisest thing I have ever been told in business is to treat heresay as a partial truth.

There is probably some truth to it, but there is also a good chance things are taken out of context.

People who gossip side things to their own liking a lot of times and hear what they want to hear. The full story isn't out there(James side of it).

All this proves is that Curry can't keep his mouth shut.

AroundTheWorld, IvanLCPM, adw and 4 others like this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lmfao at anyone taking this as a serious conversation that they had if it was had.

It clearly has to do with the all star game preparation. Lol

Tf, would Curry, being telling Bud, about Hardens normal thoughts?

Be smarter clutchfans.

TMZ culture I swear... lulz

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Pretty much my line of thinking. It smells funny. Harden also chooses to play like he does. Lets keep in mind this is his style in the summer league too. That is something he chooses to do.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

This is the real problem, and what I think we should all be truly upset about. Who knows what James really said or what context it was said in? All we know is what Curry's trifling behind said. I don't really have any reason to believe this is what James truly said to him. I used to respect Curry, but this season has given me a myriad of reasons to forego that sentiment.

Edit: It's upsetting to me that ClutchFans is here arguing among themselves about our offense v. defense, who's to blame, etc. Just up in a tizzy over comments from the likes of Curry, nothing we heard straight from Harden's lips.

adw and malakas like this.
  8. mockster

mockster Member

Damian lillard, AD, giannis antetokounmpo, Carmelo Anthony Knick days, Blake Griffen, Vince carter majority of career, t-Mac majority of career etc etc etc etc etc many stars of the past had no other stars on their team it’s a relatively new trend

Kobe won two chips with average joes

This team with a healthy Chris Paul would be a playoff team.

The star help is CP3 how is it anybodies fault no one during free agency wanted to come here?. That’s life. Wolves wouldn’t trade butler to us. What are you gonna do?.

Personally to me the offensive scheme works to an extent but it needs more structure, plays, off-ball screen picks and passing n little less iso

#128 mockster, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah this was probably harden just being social. The offense is catered to his skillset, ie being an elite iso player. D’antoni adjusted to Harden, not the other way around.

10. rockets13champs

I feel like harden means he wants to play off ball more which he can now with Chris Paul

11. Nook

Nook Member

He doesn’t really like Harden. He also remembers Harden saying he should have had the MVP over Curry. Not the first time Curry has done this. I wouldn’t read too much info what Harden actually said. I am sure Harden IS sick of having to score 40 points a night. There have been a couple times where Harden has shown it. After the Cleveland and NJ games he was very obviously exhausted and discouraged. Every time he has come back strong but it has to be difficult. Paul hasn’t been as consistent a threat with the injuries. I wouldn’t assume it has anything to do with MDA or his system.

12. rockets13champs

I think curry trying to make a story

13. Nook

Nook Member

I think it is simpler than that. Harden doesn’t want to have to score 40 points and have the consistent high usage.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Curry is like that.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Has to be more to this “conversation” ilbecause there is zero chance Harden is not playing the way he wants to play.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I find it kind of difficult to believe that Harden would hold a grudge against the offense since I can't even say this is a D'Antoni offense, but an offense geared toward Harden. He's damn-near slowed the offense down to suit Harden's pace and it's gone from an attack-as-fast-as-possible offense to a bring-it-up-and-iso-James offense at the moment. Part of it out of necessity and part of it because that's Harden's pace. He's not a Steve Nash.

17. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

AD has had a great supporting staff, especially the last few seasons. Mirotic, Holiday, Randle, Moore, etc. This idea that he's been playing with a bunch of scrubs is fiction.

I actually think this remark from Harden to Curry is a positive sign. My worry has been that Harden falls in love with ball hogging, with coming down and dribbling for 22 seconds and making a move with 2 seconds left instead of trying to work within an offense where he's still the pivotal piece but not as ball dominant as he is right now, and it clearly seems that he is not only not in love with it, but willing to adjust and I'm hoping D'antoni is able to introduce that after the All Star Break.

saleem likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL kobe can't even get to the playoffs with average joes

and take out each team's best player and the rockets are dead last if lucky bottom 5

and if Cp3's healthy? don't hold your breath...

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

correct. Morey and D'antoni all these years has pretty much sat back and relied on Harden

time for them to actually do some work

HorryForThree, saleem and BigShasta like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Chris and Harden shared the ball more last season, this will help. James' teammates have to make their shots, variance is certainly needed. Over reliance on threes is making the offense too predictable. Capela's return will help too. Hopefully, a decent buyout player plus House or a replacement for him will make some difference defensively. My only concern is that MDA is too wedded to the 3 point philosophy.
    Chris, Clint and Austin can help bring about a difference on offense. EG too. James and Chris need to convince MDA that change is necessary.