1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stat of the Night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Apr 24, 2013.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Anybody else notice that Greg Smith was -15 in 14 minutes?!?!?!!!! He didn't look that bad to me.... What's the deal?? Would D-Mo or TJones do better?? What's the adjustment?

2. Classic

Classic Member

OKC opened a can of whoop ass on the team as soon as he stepped on the court in the 3rd. That was their big run. Just atrocious play from close outs, rotations, hands, offensive awareness and box outs. Bev leaving the floor with his 4th foul really exposed him.

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

he sucked on rotation and allow WB and the Thunder to go on that big run they had in the 3rd

4. oakdogg

That's the keen insight I was looking for. I know he's young, but I don't know if this is a guy I want as a rotation player going forward. I've heard complaints about his D several times this year. Would much rather have a Dalembert-type backing up Asik.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He was bad today, he's also got a bad habit of reaching when contesting a shot or on drives. Those fouls add up quick.

6. King901

King901 Member

He has like two horrible fouls on westbrook. His hands were no where near the ball and he swipes at him. Atleast pull him down or push him out of bounds or something. He just giving away and ones

7. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Didn't watch the whole game, but he picked up a technical foul, a couple of weak fouls that resulted in 3-point plays, and miscommunication with Aaron Brooks on a pass that resulted in a turnover. OKC went on an 11-0 run in the 2 minutes he played in the 3rd quarter.

He just picks up a bunch of dumb fouls.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wonder if he played his way out of the playoff rotation tonight. His D was just awful. I need me some TJones!

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

His play during that run by OKC was terrible, that dunk + the technical made up for his poor play though.

He isn't ready yet and I don't think he is a starter in this league but he could be a spark plug off the bench in the future once we solidify our PF spot.

10. King901

King901 Member

One highlight doesn't make up for his weak play. He gave up atleast two and ones to westbrook. Last time I checked 6pts is greater then 2. (Could be one if you count the technical shot).

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Smith's bad stretch coincided with Aaron Brooks feeble -7 in 4 minutes.

12. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

He was easily the main culprit during OKC's 3rd quarter run. Bad reach-ins resulting into weakass fouls and 3 point plays plus being unable to box-out and rebound the ******* ball hurt us.

13. dmoneybangbang

I think key stat is rebounding:

Rockets
    OREB: 18
    DREB: 39
    REB: 57

OKC
    OREB: 10
    DREB: 30
    REB: 40

It's what kept it real close for us. We dominated the boards.

1 person likes this.
  14. tadahito

tadahito Member

Why did McHale take out Asik and put in Greg Smith at 6:00 in the 3rd quarter after Asik had his dunk blocked by Ibaka? Smith went into full-r****d mode and OKC went on a 11-0 run in two minutes and the game was over.

I think this dumb move by McHale cost the Rockets the game and possibly the series.

15. nebula955

nebula955 Member

yeah idk about that...

16. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Lol really?

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Asik can't play 48 minutes

True story

18. oakdogg

Wow! That is incredible. Would not have expected that. Thank you, Pat Beverley!!!!

19. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

The matchups are pretty bad for Smith , he has no range on either end of the floor which makes Ibaka very very bad match for him.

But yeah, he was also on the floor with Brooks / Delfino / Harden IIRC, that's like the worst defensive 3 some we can throw out.

20. oakdogg

True. Maybe give D-Mo a shot at the backup 5? Why not?? Can't do worse.